Worse Idea: Castle Cake or Epcot Arm?

BG Rugger

Original Poster
Taking my own advice from another forum topic, what do you think was a worse idea?
Making the castle into a cake or putting (more importantly leaving)the Mickey Arm on Spaceship Earth?

Cheers:wave:

Davis224

I didn't particularily care for the pink Castle Cake...but they got rid of it.

I enjoyed the wand for the 100 Years of Magic...but they left it on and just changed it a bit.

So i'm going for the Wand as the worse idea.

I like the wand, but at least they got rid of the pink cake castle.

civileng68

Account Suspended
cake

the castle being a cake was just horrible. However, it really is only horrible if you leave it on. However, if I went there on vacation and couldnt see the normal castle I wouldnt have been happy.

About the Wand. I dont mind it personally because it adds color at night to the "ball". If they lose the wand I think they should add a high tech lighting system on the ball to make it better looking at night. What they have now is very boring.

syddisney

Originally posted by BG Rugger
Taking my own advice from another forum topic, what do you think was a worse idea?
Making the castle into a cake or putting (more importantly leaving)the Mickey Arm on Spaceship Earth?

Cheers:wave:
The Arm on the Epcot ball makes it look small, like the length of Micky's arm. Other than pictures and videos, I never saw it with out the arm, but I think it would look better with out. I like it either way, it does give it a little more something. :snore:

I think the castle cake was great because it was there for a limited time , But the epcot arm was good just for the millenium celebration now it just looks worthless and every time I see it now I almost cry because it looks so bad.

On anouther note I just went to WDW last August and on the park maps there was no hand on spaceship earth, this could be a sign of it coming down.

Tim G

Originally posted by headmouse2000
On another note I just went to WDW last August and on the park maps there was no hand on spaceship earth, this could be a sign of it coming down.
Forget it...

surfsupdon

Both ideas I liked very much. They added to the ambiance, fun, and magic of Disney, and I accepted both.

It would make sense for the castle to come down, but the adjusted wand could still stay up, I like it, especially at night...

BUT the MGM hat is autrocious and that is what I dislike. Chinese Theater was much betterto look at and suited the area much nicer. So I do at least now how all you "haters" feel in my own special way.:)

epcotisbest

I loved them both. The castle cake was fun and imaginative. It was tastefully done and something different to symbolize the birthday celebration. I don't really understand the complaining about it.

The wand was also used as the sybol for a celebration. This time the millenium celebration. Changing it from 2000 to Epcot in my opinion was fairly clever. Why just tear it down? I don't think it distracts from SE, instead adds to it. Hey its a big huge logo for the park. Now if they had put up something like a big Coke sign or McDonalds arches I could see complaining about that.

While you're at it, don't forget to gripe about the big hat at the Studios. Again, I like it.

Of course with every little change some people are not going to be happy. I have been coming almost yearly since 1983 and must have took 100 pictures of the castle cake when it was there. I liked the wand and still do, as well as the hat. What good does getting upset with any of it do?

mandib

The cake. I mean can you really ruin the castle worse than that? I can stand the epcot arm althought I still hope it goes away.

BeachClubVillas

I'm okay with them changing things, as long as they fix them when the celebrations are over. I enjoy looking at my pictures from when the castle was pink (except that I was at that God awful age of 13) and I didn't mind the Epcot arm for the 100 years of Magic celebration...I just think it needs to come down ASAP.

I think that the worst idea of all was the Sorcerer hat in front of the Chinese Theater at MGM. It totally blocked the view of the theater, and all that was under the hat was pin trading! Does anyone know if it came down or is coming down soon? I was there in June and it was still there.

DigitalDisney

The cake made me want to puke.

The Epcot wand doesn't interfere too much with the overall appearance of Spaceship Earth. SE still looks gorgeous at night.

The cake, on the other hand, completely interfered with the castle. Actually, I stand corrected. It was completely decorated on the front, and only half decorated on the back, which is even worse.

beast

I saw both of them and hated both of them.

I would choose Mickey's hand and wand at Spaceship Earth as the more annoying update.

I liked the castle as a cake for the short-term...I even bought one of the t-shirts that has the cake on the front and the regular castle on the back. Obviously, I'm glad that it went back to normal after the 25th anniversary ended.

Again, I liked the 2000 on the castle for the millennium celebration, and the hand and wand were all right for a while. I really don't care for them, though. I also don't like the Leave a Legacy rocks in front of SSE, but that's neither here nor there.

I really don't like the hat at MGM either. I liked the 100 Years sign that went in front, but I much preferred the Chinese Theater as the view from the entrance. And what was wrong with the Earffle Tower as the symbol of the Studios?

I'm not anti-change, really, I'm not...:lol:

DDuckFan130

i dunno why...i'm a disney freak as much as the rest of you...but i have no problem with the wand and the hat, and the cake i liked it for the celebration, but of course i'm glad it's not there now cuz that would be pretty dumb :lookaroun ...but everything else, cool with me...the wand i like how it looks at night and the hat...it's blue and pretty and biiiig :hammer: hehe ok done now admiring the pretty colors...i do love the theater though...i guess i'm a laid back person...it's all good :D ...:lol:

mrtoad

I don't like either one. But since the cake came down, I have to say the wand because it is still there. But if I had to keep one it would be the wand. The cake was, as they say fugly.

meeko_33785

I liked the Cake if for no other reason than after the 25th, the repainted the Castle and it looked more beautiful that I ever remembered it afterwards. I liked how the wand at least adds color to the area, but I think that I wouldn't mind too much if it disappeared tomorrow. The novelty of it has definatly worn off. Like I said in the "wand" post, I would rather see some color brought to the area through some new landscaping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom