Worried - 16th Feb 08

amz_gnr

Hey, Im from Wales and the last time I went to Disney was november 2001, and we went during thanksiving which was busy! after that though it was very quiet which was brilliant...

Fast forward 7 years, and I am now going to florida on 16th feb 08, and iv read somewhere that this is when Presidents Week starts? :eek: is it going to be unbelievably busy? we are travelling thousands of miles to go to disney and we dont want to wait in queues for hours!

Also what will the weather be like between 16th feb and 1st march?

Any replies greatly appreciated! thanks a lot guys! :)

dsnyfreak

:(im sorry to say that you are right. the 16th thru the 24th is presidents week and it will be extremely busy. that is why im leaving on the 17th. but all the attractions will be operational then and not when I'm visiting. if you caould wait to arrive on the 23rd or 24th I think you will be ok.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

President's week is busy but like Thanksgiving and as dsnyfreak said it is great the week after.
We got there on the 23rd this past February and there were still a few leftover President's Day crowds but only for the first day or so. After that it was terrific. We stayed until March 4. The weather was beautiful, mid to upper 80s, not hot but shorts and t-shirt weather. We liked it so much we are going back this year.

Upvote 0

kstella

President's Day is more of a long weekend holiday rather than a week long holiday. The weekend will probably be really busy, with Friday, Monday and perhaps Tuesday being moderately busy. The rest of the time should be fine. This is actually one of my favorite times to go due to crowd size and my birthday being in that time frame. Have a good time!

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Just for our visitor from Wales -- Presidents Day is not a real "holiday" here in the states -- it is a one day government holiday, but often includes closed schools for the one day on Monday. What makes that week busy is that many schools in the States take their winter breaks that week since there is already one day off, and that involves less "snow days" that might need to be taken later in the year, so they just schedule the week off. Not all schools even have a winter break, but those that do can increase your attendance at the park. The crowds will be nothing like those during real holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Easter.

Upvote 0

echoscot

Just for our visitor from Wales -- Presidents Day is not a real "holiday" here in the states -- it is a one day government holiday, but often includes closed schools for the one day on Monday. What makes that week busy is that many schools in the States take their winter breaks that week since there is already one day off, and that involves less "snow days" that might need to be taken later in the year, so they just schedule the week off. Not all schools even have a winter break, but those that do can increase your attendance at the park. The crowds will be nothing like those during real holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Easter.

Very true, it is not horrible, just busy. You won't see anything like you did during your Thanksgiving trip.

Upvote 0

serena

The Crowd calendar has 8s and 9s all that week (10s are the highest - the only times there are 10s are Xmas week, one spring break week in March and a few days in July)....

That's because it's not just a 3 day holiday weekend, but also a school vacation week in lots of places....

If you can't change your dates of visit, the advice I always read is to arrive at the parks early, go back to resort for break during the afternoon, then return again later afternoon or evening, and also to be using a good touring plan. I've read that a good touring plan is what makes all the difference on the high attendance days....

I've really loved all the help I got from "The Unofficial Guide to WDW", and in addition to excellent tips in any area one could think of, they offer great touring plans.

Good luck with it!

Upvote 0

MsMouse726

On the topic of busy times, what about september? Do you think this month will be busy or not? Travelling from Wales too!

September is one of our favorite times to go because it is not really busy at all. Other than January and February, I believe it is one of the slowest. I would still recommend doing things early, because the heat and humid is brutal. Good luck, and have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom