World's Largest Flying Bird now at AK

docandsix

Call Me a Purist

Far ahead of Dinosaur? With all the flaws with maintenance and stuff it is still a very exciting ride. I actually rate Dinosaur and Test Track as 2 of my most underrated attractions in all of WDW.

I've never been enamored with Dinosaur, for a whole bunch of reasons (mostly that it's too dark and too fast for me to enjoy seeing the dinosaurs, which ought to be the whole point, in my view), but I become resentful when Disney doesn't maintain its attractions. Because of this, I'm not sure I'd rate Expedition Everest ahead of Flights of Wonder, for the moment. I'd agree that Test Track is underrated, but again only when it's in full working order.

fillerup

Original Poster
I know exactly the "Joe" that several other posters are talking about.

But this past weekend, it was a rather portly fellow that we had never seen before, although he did a pretty good job.

STGRhost

I'm a little biased (I work with birds, though not to the extent that the people at FoW do...SO envious.), but the show really is fantastic. Even if you aren't a fan of birds, or stage shows, or educational opportunities :p, it's still very entertaining. Amazing to watch, really. The animals are all so well trained. It's also not as popular as FotLK or Nemo, so you don't have to wait in line as long (and they usually have a cm with one bird out front to entertain for some of the wait). One of the hidden gems of WDW, I'd say.

And I would swear we got to see Audrey fly when we were there last November. So. Cool.
Oh, and for what it's worth (not much, I know...) the Andean Condor is still considered one of, if not THE, largest flying birds in the world. Like everything in biology, the minute we make a rule or generalization, someone comes up with the exception. :)

Sarabell

My only bird experience in The World was when a bird stole a french fry from my hand as I walked in Frontierland.

I vowed it would never happen again, and it hasn't.

I had a gull try to steal my Mickey ice cream bar in WS next to the Mexico pavilion! I have on video somewhere. I eneded up letting the bird have a little bit and it almost swallowed the whole stick! :veryconfu

They have a few different guys playing Guano Joe, I've seen what I assume to be the regular guy multiple times over the last few years and he's excellent.

We just love FoW and see it every time we go to WDW. The regular Guano Joe is the best. I would love to get his real name so I could ask if he is play the part on a day that we are there.

Disney61

My only experience was when one poo'd on me while walking to ToT a few years back. Hit directly center of my visor... aka my hair. :hurl:

Luckily it was not much and a napkin and some drinking fountain water did the trick. :)

Crows have it out for our family! I was bombed on a Whaler over by Discovery Island and my DS was splatted on over at Aunt Poly's. We wish we could give them the old Capt. Jack Sparrow treatment:ROFLOL:

Scuttle

Yeah he's standing in the background to start the video, but that isn't the regular guy.

Awesome podcast this week btw. I know it's off topic but, I wish we knew if fastpass is going to be running at ST2 for the opening weekend. Hopefully some info will get leaked soon. I really don't want to drive 40 minutes to see a 240 minute wait for ST2 and no FP.

juniorthomas

My only experience was when one poo'd on me while walking to ToT a few years back. Hit directly center of my visor... aka my hair. :hurl:

Luckily it was not much and a napkin and some drinking fountain water did the trick. :)

People say its good luck. I think those people have just never experienced it for themselves...

juniorthomas

I had a gull try to steal my Mickey ice cream bar in WS next to the Mexico pavilion! I have on video somewhere. I eneded up letting the bird have a little bit and it almost swallowed the whole stick! :veryconfu

He should have least offered to go halfsies on it...

victoria stiles

The Andean Condor,is the largest flying terrestrial bird in the Western Hemisphere, and is one of two species of Condor found in the Americas.The Andean Condor is also considered endangered, though to a lesser extent.

jlevis

Saw the Condor this past September. Awsome bird! Also got to be the victim in the dollar trick. :sohappy: Love Flights of Wonder and will try to see it a couple of times. I've told the mallard duck - Harris Hawk story here a couple of times. This last time the Bald Eagle, well, left a very large deposit on the stage and on the handler, much to the delight of the audience. Live animals can be interesting and unpredictable.

Cosmic Commando

I saw it for the first time in years back in 2008 and have made it a point to see the show at least once per trip, and yes Guano Joe is the head of a tour group and he comes complete with tour flag. They should sell action figures or vinylmation of him.

They have a few different guys playing Guano Joe, I've seen what I assume to be the regular guy multiple times over the last few years and he's excellent.
And there's also Guano Jane on occasion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom