World showcase with 8…..no, make that 7 countries

TalkToEthan

Original Poster
The pavilions are too small.

Considering using the same budgets and allocated space I would have preferred fewer but larger countries to feel a bit more saturation in each.

out of the 11 I would have preferred eliminating Canada, China, Morocco and of course American(this ain’t the Olympics whereby we need a host. And yes I understand that would have meant no beloved American Adventure)

JIMINYCR

Disagree. Many of us would like there to be more countries represented. Canada and USA deserve representation. Canada should have more there with the space it takes up. That building is eye appealing but wasted space that could be better utilized. China because of its expansive area and population should be included.
The long term discussion on this site has always been what countries should be added to give us more to explore and have a look at what they have over their histories given to the world.

Last edited:

TalkToEthan

Original Poster
The long term discussion on this site has always been what countries should be added

Yep,
And I’d want more, too. The more the merrier.

But for this specific exercise I was working under the premise of no increased expenditures or expansions and what my preferred arrangement would have been upon park creation. I favor a more quality(saturation)over quantity approach.
And the way I see it 7 countries would meet the minimum threshold to pull off a “world showcase”

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yep,
And I’d want more, too. The more the merrier.

But for this specific exercise I was working under the premise of no increased expenditures or expansions and what my preferred arrangement would have been upon park creation. I favor a more quality(saturation)over quantity approach.
And the way I see it 7 countries would meet the minimum threshold to pull off a “world showcase”

Then you should check out the Imagineers forum, that's their staple diet imagining how things would be if they ran the parks or even make their own that are Disney style.

Lilofan

I want more countries added.
There were in the Millennium Village building in 1999,2000- South Korea, Brazil, Israel , Chile etc staffed with international CMs . It was interesting when the CMs of Israel performed their music dance routine set to modern and homeland music daily there were more security CMs present in the small area where guests sat and watched the show. I bought some cool Dead Sea products in the Israel merchandise location too at that time.

FutureCEO

Considering using the same budgets and allocated space I would have preferred fewer but larger countries to feel a bit more saturation in each.

out of the 11 I would have preferred eliminating Canada, China, Morocco and of course American(this ain’t the Olympics whereby we need a host. And yes I understand that would have meant no beloved American Adventure)

I mean we really don't need America because we live here so not really sure why we have it other than hubris.

Goofyernmost

Great idea, then we can take out all the ones that are interesting and just make the rest a part of a very expensive strip mall.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.

So there are ~195 countries. And you think 3.5% coverage would "pull off" a world showcase. Wonderful. Disney can't do it with 11. As it is now, it's a "Showcase of Popular Countries as gauged by the Average Western Visitor"

Honestly, I would like to see more countries added. Yes, Canada could do more in their space and Italy and Morrocco could have a little more to do and see. Taking away would be a shame. Getting rid of China why? Now I may dislike the Chinese Government and all the Rederick that they do, but the Chinese people and their culture and their beautiful land are something to see. Plus, Chinese food is amazing.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
So what is your idea for an adequate representation of all global cultures and countries ? Should we expect a Nauru pavilion?

When did I mention I was disappointed because there was not "adequate representation"? Please point me to the post. World Showcase is what it is. And is what it has been since 1982. I always get amused when somebody thinks they can "fix" it.

JIMINYCR

I mean we really don't need America because we live here so not really sure why we have it other than hubris.
Disney has many foreign guests who visit and they don’t live here. They have the opportunity to learn more about the USA. What the American Pavilion has and all it showcases can be very educational not only to the foreign guests but also to Americans who aren’t educated in their history and what our country has gone through. Reintroducing pride in your country is always a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom