World Show Case Rehab....If we had a say in it!!!

Dwarful

Yeah that would be nice...we haven't been in the Canadian movie for 6 yrs...BC (before children) but I do enjoy Epcot the way it is...nice to have a change of pace instead of rushing from ride to ride...get a bit of culture and a break! Some things do need to be updated from time to time..but Disney will get grief no matter what...sort of like swapping Toad for Pooh some loved it others loathe it...cant please em all!

TURKEY

They do keep working on keeping the buildings in good shape. Italy's been done in the past year, so has China. I've seen Japan and Morocco being touched up, just not anywhere near the process of Italy or China.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Debbie
MOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come settle this! Please...........

That's it!!! If you boys can't get along, GO TO YOUR ROOM(S)!!! NO COOKIES FOR ANYONE!!!!

The Mom

Premium Member
World Showcase is sort of like a mini- world's fair. As my Mom (yes, The Mom still has a mom) once said, it's a place for grown ups. It isn't a place for thrill rides, but a place to learn (albeit very sanitized and Americanized) about other cultures. Aside from maintenance, and some updating of exhibits due to changing conditions and technology, it should remain pretty much unchanged. Please remember, we (the fans) are in the minority...most people don't go several times a year!

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by bearboysnc
whatever, you all sound like a bunch of old ladies.

And I happen to be an old lady!!! Now leave my kid alone or I'll "get you my pretty, and your little dog too!!"

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Originally posted by wdwmanager
OK.....If you had control over the Rehab of the World Showcase at EPCOT, What would you do?

Well, seeing as how I currently steer clear of World Showcase altogether when I visit EPCOT, I could see myself doing at least 2 things:

1) Completely do away with all of World Showcase and make EPCOT a true "community of tomorrow" by using that space up for other possible attractions based on technology (advances we'd like to see in the future, or a pavilion showcasing some of mankind's larger leaps in technology as in a past-present-future sort of way).

2) Remove a couple existing countries and put in ones such as Switzerland and Egypt which could include some major e-ticket rides. (Then, I'd be sure and not solely spend my time in Future World as I do now.)

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Showcase as a SHOWCASE

Originally posted by DisJosh

Well said! I couldn't agree more! :)

Although the theming could lend it self to alot of cool attractions...WS is meant to be the way it is. Lets keep it that way! :D

"The way it is"....you mean how it really is right now, incredibly boring and a waste of time? Nah, let's have some major changes done to it.

TURKEY

Re: Re: World Show Case Rehab....If we had a say in it!!!

Originally posted by SilentRascal

Well, seeing as how I currently steer clear of World Showcase altogether when I visit EPCOT, I could see myself doing at least 2 things:

1) Completely do away with all of World Showcase and make EPCOT a true "community of tomorrow" by using that space up for other possible attractions based on technology (advances we'd like to see in the future, or a pavilion showcasing some of mankind's larger leaps in technology as in a past-present-future sort of way).

2) Remove a couple existing countries and put in ones such as Switzerland and Egypt which could include some major e-ticket rides. (Then, I'd be sure and not solely spend my time in Future World as I do now.)

It's never gonna happen. Don't ever expect to see all of WS to disappear because that would mean way to much shutting down and way to much to be built back.

I really don't even see any of the countries there being removed as long as there isn't a big political/war battle going on with the U.S. although Morocco is probally the best bet to be one to go and being replaced by Egypt.

The Mom

Premium Member

{sarcasim}Don't make me pull out my bill of rights{sarcasim}

In case you hadn't noticed, this board is run by a Brit..there is no bill of rights!! This is a benign dictatorship! ;)

Please don't upset my kids...if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! ;)

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: World Show Case Rehab....If we had a say in it!!!

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
It's never gonna happen. Don't ever expect to see all of WS to disappear because that would mean way to much shutting down and way to much to be built back.

Unfortunately, you're right. But still, I can always hope.

bearboysnc

Quote "It's never gonna happen. Don't ever expect to see all of WS to disappear because that would mean way to much shutting down and way to much to be built back."

I thought the thread was... "If WE had a say in it"

NowInc

Just a reminder that personal insults are NOT tolerated on these forums and will result in account termination. Do not try and turn what people say against them...it will only make it worse for you in the long run.

Also, sending PMs in a threatening manner is ALSO not tolerated. If reported it could be considered harassment and result not only result with the termination of your account, but if the message is severe enough, legal action could be persued.

Erika

I like it how it is, although I agree the movies could use some updating.

World Showcase was a terrific idea. It's a fun way to learn a little bit about other cultures. If you have no interest in that kind of thing, then World Showcase is not for you. And as much as I love the big rides, they should definitely be kept out. They don't fit in there at all.

Speaking of things that don't fit in, is anyone else bothered by the fact that The Living Seas has a seafood restaurant? LOL

The Mom

Premium Member
w h a t e v u r ! you take this ENTIRELY too seriously.

Get over it.

Excuse me, but I think DisJosh was just voicing his opinion! I didn't dismiss yours out of hand (I thought you had some good ideas) and I would hope you would extend the same courtesy to others! Quite frankly,I'm a little surprised... your other post have shown a lot more tolerance to other opinions.

And yes, this isn't life and death here...but it would still be nice to not have our opinions ridiculed!

The Mom

Premium Member
Well all right, then! (Raising Arizona)

Don't let it happen again! ;)

Steeeeve! I'm still waiting for that "Go to your room!" option here!! Please??? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom