World of Motion -- Shedding Light on the Queue

SirNim

Originally posted by pan11435
I can't seem to get it to play. What does it show.
It's a promotional QuickTime movie of World of Motion, with an emphasis on GM. It shows aerial views of the then-Epcot Center as well as video of the queue and a portion of the ride itself, as well as the GM Corporate Lounge on the second floor of the pavilion... :D

s25843

Originally posted by pan11435
darn that sounds cool. I wish i could get it to work

Try right clicking the link to the video, choose Save As, and then save it to your desktop. Let it download and then try to play it

figmentmom

We first went to WDW in April of '88, and I remember the lines for EVERYTHING being at least 45 minutes! I loved World of Motion. Remember the animatronic traffic cop hiding in the bushes near a billboard, looking for speeders? (I can still hear his engine revving!:lol: )

oliveirach

Watching that video was a great nostolgia trip. I have many fond memories of World of Motion. I think this was one of the best Disney Dark Rides ever put together. Thanks for the video and reviving old memories

blm07

Wow, that GM video is probably the best I've seen of WOM, you can see the GM lounge, the queue, and tons of people in it. And even going to the outside on the vehicle. Whats with the lady walking on the left? Oh well, the video was great.

maelstrom

I miss the WoM. :( It's interesting to figure out where the load/unload areas, etc are today for TT, as opposed to where they were for WoM. I remember how I always wondered why the queue area was so large and empty. I don't remember the lines for Epcot attractions being terribly long* (my first visit was 1988, but I was 2, so I don't really remember), so it never occured to me as a child that the empty space would be for people waiting to get on.

*spoiled little me never had to wait on line for Horizons at all. yay for the corporate lounge. :D

durhay

I first visited Epcot in Jan of '83, and I remember the incredibly long lines for everything. I remember the line looping around Spaceship Earth before finally getting to the door. The queue area for WoM was just a big room with switchbacks. Nothing really to look at. I remember hating the queue for Horizons, with the annoying music and the Kaleidoscope displays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom