World of Disney expansion

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Is there a date for completion? I just have not been able to find one for this particular project. My feeling is that it's retail space and should move quickly but with the way somethings go I never know. Any One have an answer?

llrain

because it just wasn't big enough to begin with...Lemme guess, 1/4 of the entire store, or more, will be frozen

boo52

From the artist rendering and construction photos it only looks as if they are adding entrances to the other side of the building since there will be other retail on all sides of the build eventually.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh great, now another 100,000 people will try to cram into the store! Eventually it will be like Walmart on Black Friday.

I'm really beginning to miss DLR.

Victaman

Is there a date for completion? I just have not been able to find one for this particular project. My feeling is that it's retail space and should move quickly but with the way somethings go I never know. Any One have an answer?

I am also curious when the scheduled completion date is.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, June 20.

As posted earlier, parts of the interior of the World of Disney store are being refreshed or changed. The east room (facing Basin) is now two rows of 10 checkout counters each, with lighted posts numbered 1 through 20 to indicate open or closed, for a total of 20 checkout counters. The center of the room is now two queues for these checkout stands, with grab-and-go trinket shelves.

Checkout stands 1-10.

IMG_5610.JPG

Check out stands 11-20. The doors at the east end of the building are now EXIT only.

IMG_5611.JPG

The doors at the east end of the building (facing Basin) are now EXIT only. Note there are no door handles and small labels on each door reading "Exit Only."

IMG_5613.JPG

The World of Disney room at the northeast entrance (under Stitch), which recently was boy's toys, is now men and boy's clothing. The check out counters on the left side of this room are gone, replaced by merchandise. Note the removal of some freestanding shelves to provide a wide walkway into the room and directing traffic into the next room.

IMG_5612.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom