World of Disney expansion

mm121

Photo update as of Saturday, June 20.

As posted earlier, parts of the interior of the World of Disney store are being refreshed or changed. The east room (facing Basin) is now two rows of 10 checkout counters each, with lighted posts numbered 1 through 20 to indicate open or closed, for a total of 20 checkout counters. The center of the room is now two queues for these checkout stands, with grab-and-go trinket shelves.

Checkout stands 1-10.

View attachment 97749

Check out stands 11-20. The doors at the east end of the building are now EXIT only.

View attachment 97750

The doors at the east end of the building (facing Basin) are now EXIT only. Note there are no door handles and small labels on each door reading "Exit Only."

View attachment 97751

The World of Disney room at the northeast entrance (under Stitch), which recently was boy's toys, is now men and boy's clothing. The check out counters on the left side of this room are gone, replaced by merchandise. Note the removal of some freestanding shelves to provide a wide walkway into the room and directing traffic into the next room.

View attachment 97752

their really changing around the inside,

does adding checkouts like that reduce the amount of retail space or simply rearrange it?

adding exit only doors could give the store a bit of a better flow

articos

their really changing around the inside,

does adding checkouts like that reduce the amount of retail space or simply rearrange it?

adding exit only doors could give the store a bit of a better flow
Rearranges it for better guest flow and faster guest service. The store will be gaining a good amount of space once the addition is complete.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 15. Exterior of World of Disney store, facing Buena Visa Blvd.

IMG_5797.JPG

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Saw the block off for the added room when I was down. That store is already huge. The change is great. I'm not sure about this new color scheme though.

dstrawn9889

Saw the block off for the added room when I was down. That store is already huge. The change is great. I'm not sure about this new color scheme though.
it is hard to judge a new color scheme until it is finished... most cannot visualize it with new colors until mostly complete... that is why Lowes and Home Depot sell so much paint(covering the color mistake that you just made)

TomHendricks

Whats funny, when you look at the building and it's all yellow, you think it's alright. However with the new tealish blue there, set against the yellow, you can see how lackluster it was and how much better the new color is.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Aug 6. To follow up on my interior photos previously posted....in addition to the changes in the exterior of the building, the interior of the World of Disney store is being rearranged. Already a central checkout section with exit only doors was created in the east wing. New wall decorations, merchandise displays, and colors are being installed. Here is a preview of some of the changes already in place.

New wall displays were created in the central checkout area, here shown between checkout stations 5 and six. Reminiscent of the bureau in Beauty and the Beast.

IMG_5914.JPG

In the boy's and men's clothing area, new wall merchandise displays and colors. More areas of the store are "walled off" as each section is updated and repainted.

IMG_5912.JPG

IMG_5913.JPG

Finally, probably to facilitate the new exterior painting, the large sculpture was removed above the east wing doors, which are now exit only.

IMG_5916.JPG

Jon81uk

Other possibility as to why the signage was removed form the East doors is that if they are exit only you don't want signage enticing people in.

rob0519

The new checkout stands are a nice addition. We were there last Wednesday afternoon and the place was packed. We could barely move in some aisles. I thought it was insane that the only parking was in the new lot on the far side of the mall when all the shops are still in the old section. I'd be concerned that once the new garages are completed the whole complex will become as crowed as one of the parks and you'll have to schedule a time to go shopping on your magic band.

Stitchon

Personally, I wouldn't mind them ditching the obnoxious Stitch statue and Cinderella's coach. At least the other character statues have a unique look to them, those two look fresh out of the toy box.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom