World of Disney expansion

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Sept 24. Inside the World of Disney store, the "princess" end of the building now has a new multi-checkout counter along the west wall, leaving a more open aisle in the center of the room. The entrance door is behind the photographer.

IMG_6577.JPG

The "Stitch" entrance at the east end of the building is blocked off. Here is the inside photo below, with outside photo below this photo.

IMG_6578.JPG

IMG_6579.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Oct 21.

Work progresses on the new addition to World of Disney, which faces the Lime parking garage. The exterior shingles are applied and painted now.

IMG_6699.JPG

Another view of this new entrance, with the Lime parking garage construction in the background.

IMG_6700.JPG

Inside the main room of World of Disney, the interior wall has been removed behind the red curtain. The white square in the center of the red curtain is the window on the far wall of the new room. You can "see" through the red curtain into the new room, and hear workers inside.

IMG_6698.JPG

The front entrance to World of Disney, across from the Waterside Stage, has been temporarily blocked by this construction wall. The windows outside are covered over and the doors are locked. Entrance to the World of Disney is either through the Princess room entrance, or the Stitch entrance, at the ends of the building.

IMG_6696.JPG

disney4life2008

Maybe its just miss but I will forever miss being able to park my car right by World of Disney then head over there do some shopping then walk to Rainforest Cafe for lunch. Hard to believe that was only about 5 years ago.

Next Big Thing

Maybe its just miss but I will forever miss being able to park my car right by World of Disney then head over there do some shopping then walk to Rainforest Cafe for lunch. Hard to believe that was only about 5 years ago.
You'll be able to do that again come next year with the Lime garage being so close and it will be much easier to find a parking spot too.

disney4life2008

You'll be able to do that again come next year with the Lime garage being so close and it will be much easier to find a parking spot too.

I look forward to my next visit. I stopped going to DTD a while back so once DS is complete I will check it out. Though, I may head over one day this weekend to do a walk through.

Next Big Thing

I look forward to my next visit. I stopped going to DTD a while back so once DS is complete I will check it out. Though, I may head over one day this weekend to do a walk through.
My mother was very similar in that she hated it the experience of parking and just trying to get in for awhile. Now that the West garage is fully functional and all ramps (including I-4 ramp) are open, parking is a breeze and faster than ever to get out into Disney Springs. She's really come around in recent months.

disney4life2008

My mother was very similar in that she hated it the experience of parking and just trying to get in for awhile. Now that the West garage is fully functional and all ramps (including I-4 ramp) are open, parking is a breeze and faster than ever to get out into Disney Springs. She's really come around in recent months.

This gives me hope. I may do a light disney day on Sunday at animal kingdom then head over to disney Springs for an early dinner.

Disone

getting into, parking, and out of DS can still be a little dicey on Friday's and Saturdays. But any other day is pretty good. Having the Orange Garage nearly at 100% functionality has helped to relieve the traffic pressure significantly. It still has one exit ramp left to complete, it the one that will allow for traffic to merge into east bound LBV traffic via a fly over first and then the merge. But aside from that, this garage is rocking it. It really is a igarage or smartgarage. You enter, it tells you how many spaces on each level. You enter the level of your choice and it tells you how many spaces in each row. You enter the row of your choice and overhead lights indicate which parking spaces are open. Makes finding a space fast and quick. A system of elevators, escalators, and flyover walkways, then ensure you find your way into Disney Springs smooth and easy Another nice thing about the Springs is the all the live and FREE entertainment. Lots of local artists playing lots of live music from a guitarist at the Margarita Bar near Earl of Sandwich to band out on the patio of House of Blues, there has to be at least 7-10 other acts taking place for your enjoyment. I was not excited for Disney Springs, but in everyway it has exceeded my expectations and I am getting more excited now and finding myself returning a lot more often.

hpyhnt 1000

getting into, parking, and out of DS can still be a little dicey on Friday's and Saturdays. But any other day is pretty good. Having the Orange Garage nearly at 100% functionality has helped to relieve the traffic pressure significantly. It still has one exit ramp left to complete, it the one that will allow for traffic to merge into east bound LBV traffic via a fly over first and then the merge. But aside from that, this garage is rocking it. It really is a igarage or smartgarage. You enter, it tells you how many spaces on each level. You enter the level of your choice and it tells you how many spaces in each row. You enter the row of your choice and overhead lights indicate which parking spaces are open. Makes finding a space fast and quick. A system of elevators, escalators, and flyover walkways, then ensure you find your way into Disney Springs smooth and easy Another nice thing about the Springs is the all the live and FREE entertainment. Lots of local artists playing lots of live music from a guitarist at the Margarita Bar near Earl of Sandwich to band out on the patio of House of Blues, there has to be at least 7-10 other acts taking place for your enjoyment. I was not excited for Disney Springs, but in everyway it has exceeded my expectations and I am getting more excited now and finding myself returning a lot more often.

Great to hear about all the live entertainment. Hopefully that continues to stick around once construction is over and all areas are open.

I'm right there with you in initially not being that excited about Disney Springs. Never really liked DTD and just assumed DS would basically be a name change with a few cosmetic changes. But I've been pleasantly surprised watching the progress and am intrigued by some of the new offerings. Will definitely be paying the Springs a lengthy visit on the next trip (whenever that is, probably once Avatar and Toy Story lands are open).

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wed, November 11. The new entrance facing the Lime parking garage now has architectural details and paint.

IMG_6795.JPG

Continuing the "musical chairs" of moving merchandize around inside the World of Disney store, the room at the "Stitch" entrance was recently boys clothing. It is now housewares and features updated displays at either side of the entrance, including these pieces of Stickley furniture.

IMG_6793.JPG

IMG_6794.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom