World of Disney expansion

Obi Walt Kenobi

It looks like there are projectors on the ceiling in some of the photos. It says that the inspiration is a animators loaf I’m wondering if we can expect to see animation effects on the walls. Also the new font for the world of Disney sign under stitch looks a lot like the old work of color television show font.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
I don’t know. I liked the whole garish awful Disney throwing up from being on acid vibe. I go to WDW to escape the meh that is modern design. Who, exactly, has decided for the entire population that all whimsy in retail should go? McDonalds, Taco Bell, Arby’s, World of Disney. All pretty much the same post industrial minimalist crap. I’m already tired of the “just slap a sticker on it” mentality of current commercial aesthetic design. Ask me how i really feel later...

JohnD

I don’t know. I liked the whole garish awful Disney throwing up from being on acid vibe. I go to WDW to escape the meh that is modern design. Who, exactly, has decided for the entire population that all whimsy in retail should go? McDonalds, Taco Bell, Arby’s, World of Disney. All pretty much the same post industrial minimalist crap. I’m already tired of the “just slap a sticker on it” mentality of current commercial aesthetic design. Ask me how i really feel later...

Then don’t go to Baseline Tap House at HS. Just saying.

Disney Analyst

It looks like there are projectors on the ceiling in some of the photos. It says that the inspiration is a animators loaf I’m wondering if we can expect to see animation effects on the walls. Also the new font for the world of Disney sign under stitch looks a lot like the old work of color television show font.

I see some spotlights, where do you see projectors?

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

I walked in there today. Looks and feels so much better. It's like night and day. My main complaints are lack of Marvel and Star Wars in the store, but maybe that will come when the other half is complete...well maybe not Marvel, Marvel is relegated to that small little store on the west side.

IMDREW

I’d love some characters back. Hanging from the ceiling or standing somewhere just like stitch outside. I do like the new style, but miss the characters.

JohnD

I’d love some characters back. Hanging from the ceiling or standing somewhere just like stitch outside. I do like the new style, but miss the characters.

Hopefully that is one of the final touches after they open both sides. It may be too late though. The optimum time to put them up is when the area is closed off.

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

I see some spotlights, where do you see projectors?
There are four projectors in the Cashier area in the center of the room. Two point left and two point right. They will project onto the walls behind the cashiers. there is also another area I saw in another pic that had a large cloth scrim up with similar lighting installed focusing on that wall also.

In red are projectors with direction of projection. In Cashier Area
WOD 1.jpg

Here in another area. Lighting and projector in red plus speakers in blue. Will project onto wall behind curtain/scrim.
WOD 2.jpg

Disney Analyst

There are four projectors in the Cashier area in the center of the room. Two point left and two point right. They will project onto the walls behind the cashiers. there is also another area I saw in another pic that had a large cloth scrim up with similar lighting installed focusing on that wall also.

In red are projectors with direction of projection. In Cashier Area
View attachment 294087

Here in another area. Lighting and projector in red plus speakers in blue. Will project onto wall behind curtain/scrim.
View attachment 294088

Sweet thanks!! Can’t wait to see the final product :)

Indy_UK

Wonder what they are going to be projecting?

This is the look all the Disneystores worldwide should be going for really

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom