World of Disney expansion

deeevo

As someone that is both out of scale and ugly, I'm offended.
He's back

Screenshot_20180526-135841_Twitter.jpg

Figment82

I wish they would at least bring back Stitch’s seasonal outfits. When they first installed him, he had a Santa hat and bunny ears. I feel like he had a pirate hat at one point too. It was a simple thing, but really added some extra fun. Of course, I also miss the nearby PeriKaleidoscope, but I know that’s never returning. 😉

peter11435

I actually don’t mind this aesthetic, but it is lacking in ‘Disney’. Unfortunately for the Anaheim store it also doesn’t work with the outward appearance. National park lodge on the outside, reclaimed/industrial on the inside.
Ummm.. the exterior is not National Park lodge.

peter11435

Arts and Crafts style, then. Whatever it is, it’s a mismatch between the two.

Does everything on here have to be so hostile? It was clear I was talking about a mismatch in styles.
Not trying to be hostile.

I understand the mismatch of styles argument. Although even before this refurb nearly every venue on that side of DTD Is a mismatch between the exterior styling and its interior.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, June 20, 2018.

New signage installed on all three World of Disney entrances closed for construction. Of note, Stitch was spitting water today; see the water on the pavement in front.

IMG_0513.JPG

Compare the above with the original signage still on the two working entrances currently open.

IMG_0514.JPG

At the main entrance, which is still closed, new dark brown paint on the doors, minus the iron scroll door pulls and ornamentation (see above photo for the original door pulls).

When the door was open for a few minutes as construction crews were working, the part of the interior was visible. While no merchandise displays were installed, the interior appears to be flat pastel yellow colored walls, with exposed brick accents. Brick columns at the corners of the rooms.

IMG_0512.JPG

DisneyDebRob

Photo update as of Wednesday, June 20, 2018.

New signage installed on all three World of Disney entrances closed for construction. Of note, Stitch was spitting water today; see the water on the pavement in front.

View attachment 291276

Compare the above with the original signage still on the two working entrances currently open.

View attachment 291277

At the main entrance, which is still closed, new dark brown paint on the doors, minus the iron scroll door pulls and ornamentation (see above photo for the original door pulls).

When the door was open for a few minutes as construction crews were working, the part of the interior was visible. While no merchandise displays were installed, the interior appears to be flat pastel yellow colored walls, with exposed brick accents. Brick columns at the corners of the rooms.

View attachment 291278
I like the new signage. Looks more Disney to me for some reason. Hopefully everything else will look better also. It needed a update. So far so good!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The frontage looks better than the 'whimsical' navigator motif, which actually looked more like taking a trip on acid.

However, words where each letter is a different color grate on me. (Yeah, I'm calling you, out, Google!) Yellow is always problematic for legibility because it's so light. And to get around that, you have to heavily outline each letter. And then the number of letters so often doesn't match the number of colors and so now you're doubling or tripling up on some colors and not others... Just really bad graphic design. There are dozens of typefaces that would have worked without resorting to a multi-color gimmick.

JohnD

My pet peeve with WOD is you think it has everything until you find out you have to go to the home, sports, toy, Christmas, pin, hip, Star Wars, Marvel or art store.

I my case wanted the book of park maps. It’s in the Art of Disney I was told.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
If my calculations are correct, by 2029 World of Disney will occupy the entire Disney Springs shopping district.
By 2035 it will encompass all of Walt Disney World property.
By 2050, World of Disney will span most of Orange and Osceola counties, as well as parts of Lake, Polk, and Brevard.

I saw a sign today here in town advertising that it's the world's largest Disney Store.

Huh, no kidding, who woulda thought they'd put the world's largest Disney Store next to Disney World. :facepalm::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom