World Of Color Refurbishment

TTA94

Maybe it might move back to Disneyland?

Seems very unlikely with massive crowds they are predicting for Galaxies Edge. Especially if Mickey’s Mix Magic becomes a hit.
I’m tending to think Paint The Night is currently on the back burner if WoC continues to have issue and doesn’t make its summer return. Yes they could run both, maybe, but I’m more leaning toward it’s a one or the other type thing.

TTA94

Looked on DL's Site, looks like ACF is scheduled for 2019: Odd , considering what happened Christmas 2018.
Why Is PTN used SOOO Less Often?!?!? If DLR won't use it, give it to another Resort!!!!

What’s really disturbing, if true, is it sounds like Paint The Night is sitting next to MSEP in a warehouse. As popular and loved by many as they are, it is a shame.

wild01ride

For the number of insiders here with good info and, heck, even partially true rumors, I can’t believe that we don’t have ANY concrete info on what the heck is happening with WoC?!?!
It has been down for a LONG time now which is absolutely crazy for what was a nightly/twice nightly entertainment with Seasonal variations, special tags, etc., etc.!
It’s just baffling that no one has more info on what the recovery plan is. 😔

We’re going in Nov. this year for what will be the first real trip in 2 years and I am desperately hoping that WoC is back!
I was there in July 2010 less than a month after the debut and THAT trip cut it close with that initial platform failure that they had.
Here’s hoping for the best! 🤞🏼

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's at this point where it looks like they don't want to bring it back. We have seen everything working in one way or another.

I understand you seem to be a big fan of the show. But you're looking at this without knowing what is actually happening on the ground. You don't know if everything is working together. You don't even know if everything in the show is actually working at all. In fact I'll even go further and say that everything isn't working together and that is the reason why the show isn't running. The issue is likely that the fountains and other effect are probably not all working in-sync, or maybe even issues with water pressure on some of the fountains.

This issue has probably cost them at least tens of, and could now be reaching over a hundred, Millions in repairs. Not to mention the lost revenue from the dinner/dessert packages and any ancillary revenue made from vendors selling WoC merch and other items right before the show.

Point is there can be lots of reason why WoC isn't running, least of which is "they don't want to bring it back". They want to bring it back, and once its ready it'll be back. And I'll even go out on a limb and predict that it'll be back by March for the traditional start of Spring Break, if not before.

wild01ride

I understand you seem to be a big fan of the show. But you're looking at this without knowing what is actually happening on the ground. You don't know if everything is working together. You don't even know if everything in the show is actually working at all. In fact I'll even go further and say that everything isn't working together and that is the reason why the show isn't running. The issue is likely that the fountains and other effect are probably not all working in-sync, or maybe even issues with water pressure on some of the fountains.

This issue has probably cost them at least tens of, and could now be reaching over a hundred, Millions in repairs. Not to mention the lost revenue from the dinner/dessert packages and any ancillary revenue made from vendors selling WoC merch and other items right before the show.

Point is there can be lots of reason why WoC isn't running, least of which is "they don't want to bring it back". They want to bring it back, and once its ready it'll be back. And I'll even go out on a limb and predict that it'll be back by March for the traditional start of Spring Break, if not before.

While I don’t doubt your philosophy one bit, I do wonder why we haven’t seen recovery/reconstruction efforts of equal proportion to the extent of the damage that apparently exists. For example, why hasn’t the lagoon been drained with heavy equipment in there and heavy repair work at SOME point since this happened?? If it takes heavy repair they certainly don’t want to wait until SGE opens to tear up the area!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While I don’t doubt your philosophy one bit, I do wonder why we haven’t seen recovery/reconstruction efforts of equal proportion to the extent of the damage that apparently exists. For example, why hasn’t the lagoon been drained with heavy equipment in there and heavy repair work at SOME point since this happened?? If it takes heavy repair they certainly don’t want to wait until SGE opens to tear up the area!

You're making the assumption that the issue required draining the lagoon and heavy equipment brought in. Which obviously it hasn't.

The only time I would expect that is if they had to completely resurface the lake or completely remove and replace the entire fountain structure or underground electrical enclosures.

VJ

Gotta say, the tinfoil hat look works well. ;)

Seriously though, there's no conspiracy here. The show usually goes down for repairs around this time anyway; they're probably waiting until spring break or summer. Disney is not sabotaging one of their most successful nighttime spectaculars out of spite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom