World Of Color Refurbishment

dlr74

They did run the parade for guests with the Food and Wine festival booths still up on the soft opening night, April 12th. Granted, it was only one night, but they have done it before. I don’t think it would be an issue. Would just need to leave enough room for a walkway for those trying to pass by the parade

FerretAfros

Comedian Bobcat Goldthwait, who voiced Pain in Hercules, leaked that he recorded lines for a new show that's called World of Color - Villainous

Presumably, TDA would have wanted that up and running this year, as a way to "train" guests o think of DCA as the hub for Halloween festivities (as it was in the first few years of Halloweentime), in order to help dissipate the crowds once Star Wars Land opens next year. Even in the unlikely event that the WOC equipment is operational by late summer, I suspect they wouldn't have enough time to test and adjust (let alone market) a new show for this year's fall season. This is obviously something that's been rumored for years, but it's interesting to see that Disney was taking concrete steps toward its realization

And I'm sure there's already a thread somewhere on these forums about the James Gunn controversy, so let's not bog this one down with that discussion

Disney Analyst

Comedian Bobcat Goldthwait, who voiced Pain in Hercules, leaked that he recorded lines for a new show that's called World of Color - Villainous

Presumably, TDA would have wanted that up and running this year, as a way to "train" guests o think of DCA as the hub for Halloween festivities (as it was in the first few years of Halloweentime), in order to help dissipate the crowds once Star Wars Land opens next year. Even in the unlikely event that the WOC equipment is operational by late summer, I suspect they wouldn't have enough time to test and adjust (let alone market) a new show for this year's fall season. This is obviously something that's been rumored for years, but it's interesting to see that Disney was taking concrete steps toward its realization

And I'm sure there's already a thread somewhere on these forums about the James Gunn controversy, so let's not bog this one down with that discussion

Wow! Now that’s a leak!

EvilChameleon

I would love to see a World Of Color Halloween show. Maybe that's where we will see the return of Hellfire.

If such a thing exists, of course. Hardly anything in this thread has been confirmed, except we can see the water being brown.

TTA94

WOC is slated to return for the holiday season in November which is presumably why the parade cast was told that PTN won’t be running past November. Of course things can always change if WOC gets behind schedule again.

Regarding the festival booths along the parade route, I’m not so much concerned about those impacting guest flow.. I’m more concerned about how guests will be directed to bypass the parade once Bugs Land closes. PTN was originally going to end on September 4th with Pixar Fest, but now that WOC is still down, we’re going to see PTN stick around while Bugs Land closes. It’s gonna be a huge issue for guest flow

From what it sounds like, maybe I’m misunderstanding, they do not want to run PTN when WoC returns? That doesn’t make much sense though as they were going to run both this summer for Pixar Fest.

dlr74

From what it sounds like, maybe I’m misunderstanding, they do not want to run PTN when WoC returns? That doesn’t make much sense though as they were going to run both this summer for Pixar Fest.
I don’t think it’s necessarily that they don’t want to run both together. It’s that PTN was supposed to end on September 4th but was forced to be extended through November because no WOC. Not sure what the future plans for PTN entail, but it’s now staying longer than originally planned. It was never supposed to stay at DCA after Pixar Fest

TTA94

I don’t think it’s necessarily that they don’t want to run both together. It’s that PTN was supposed to end on September 4th but was forced to be extended through November because no WOC. Not sure what the future plans for PTN entail, but it’s now staying longer than originally planned. It was never supposed to stay at DCA after Pixar Fest

I thought it was said, possibly by insiders I can’t remember, that PTN was a permanent move to DCA? Unless they meant permanent as in it’s not going back to DL or anywhere else but not necessarily running year round. Maybe only during Spring and Summer? Surprised not the busy holiday season. Surely once Star Wars Land opens DL won’t be able to run it. That park will be a mad house. DCA shouldn’t be to busy. Time will tell I suppose.

TP2000

PTN is all about DCA, every single float in the parade speaks directly to a major ride, Land, or exhibit in DCA, most of which don’t exist inside Disneyland next door.

A night parade may return to Disneyland much later in the 2020’s after they get a handle on Star Wars and New Toontown crowds, but PTN isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Once they fix the WOC situation by early 2019, PTN will likely go seasonal at DCA as a summer and holiday weekend offering just like the MSEP was for 25 years at Disneyland.

TP2000

The Halloween version of WOC was being rumored by online insiders for the past two years. It’s the rest of the tweet that is more shocking and funny to read.

As an elderly white guy myself, it maks me cringe to see other old white guys struggle with the new rules of polite society and have to finally be held accountable for their past boorish behavior.

How about this, just treat others as you want to be treated, don’t tweet profane and obscene subject matter, and then you never have to ask Disney to remove your voice from a silly water show as a way of stomping your feet in protest after finally being called out for being a crude jerk. Or is that too middle-American for the Hollywood cool kids?

Last edited:

Phroobar

The Halloween version of WOC was being rumored by online insiders for the past two years. It’s the rest of the tweet that is more shocking and funny to read.

As an elderly white guy myself, it maks me cringe to see other old white guys struggle with the new rules of polite society and have to finally be held accountable for their past boorish behavior.

How about this, just treat others as you want to be treated, don’t tweet profane and obscene subject matter, and then you never have to ask Disney to remove your voice from a silly water show as a way of stomping your feet in protest after being caught being a crude jerk. Or is that too middle-American for the Hollywood cool kids?
Wouldn't it be easier to have your agent call Disney and request the removal of your voice instead of a public tweet? How is a public tweet going to accomplish anything but make you look stupid? It would seem Disney might want their money back for your voice acting time.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wouldn't it be easier to have your agent call Disney and request the removal of your voice instead of a public tweet? How is a public tweet going to accomplish anything but make you look stupid? It would seem Disney might want their money back for your voice acting time.

Its the 21st Century way of calling someone (or in this case a company) out and try to get the public on your side. A lot of Hollywood right now is backing Gunn on this one, especially most of the cast and crew of GotG3.

TROR

Not surprised people in Hollywood are supporting a man who makes pedophiliac comments. Have we learned nothing about the scumbags in the industry from last year? The business is full of rapists and pedophiles so it's no shock to see them defend their own kind. James Gunn was in his 40's when he made these comments. I'm not necessarily saying he should never have a job in Hollywood again, as far as film directing goes he is talented, but he does not belong with Disney and I wouldn't be supporting his projects.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
A little down the rabbit hole -

I love it when Hollywood eats itself. There is so much hypocrisy, especially in the media, when it comes to stars and politics.

For the record, i'm a fan of free speech regardless of content - but free speech doesn't equal free from consequence. Just be careful what you post online at any given time.

Also - great leak haha

D.Silentu

Admittedly I didn't put together right away that this new show would be reserved for the Halloween parties. My enthusiasm for a new World of Color show overshadowed the realistic conclusion. However, I still hope that the regular show will be replaced sooner than later with something that isn't so self-amazed by the technology and is more memorable.

SteamboatJoe

A little down the rabbit hole -

I love it when Hollywood eats itself. There is so much hypocrisy, especially in the media, when it comes to stars and politics.

For the record, i'm a fan of free speech regardless of content - but free speech doesn't equal free from consequence. Just be careful what you post online at any given time.

Also - great leak haha

A little more down the rabbit hole...

I agree with your points about the hypocrisy which seems abound in Hollywood and the media. Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer sat there for months reporting on the likes of Cosby and Weinstein before someone finally called them out. You can't tell me that other well thought of celebrities and media figures weren't aware of what was going on.

To your second point, it's interesting how often people misinterpret and misapply constitutional rights like free speech. I'm not a lawyer but it is my understanding that constitutional rights generally only protect you from wrongful prosecution or imprisonment by the (public) government unless the few exceptions to those rights apply. They don't necessarily apply to private entities or governmental agencies like a company or your homeowners association so long as you are not being unlawfully discriminated against.

To expand on the previous paragraph, it's also somewhat ironic that after decades of typically moderate and left-leaning individuals being worried about the religious right using censorship to limit free speech, there is now a push now a push from certain segments on the left to more or less do the exact same thing albeit with different reasons for doing so. That's not to say one side is more in the right than the other. I have no interest in espousing my personal politics here much less debate them but from an unbiased socio-political viewpoint, it is a really interesting phenomenon.

So....back on the World of Color topic, it's a shame to read that some if not all of this disaster could've potentially been avoided by simply doing things the right way and by not cutting corners to pinch some pennies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom