World of Color Making It's Way to Animal Kingdom?

DisneyGuy87

Original Poster
Hey all, long time reader, first time poster!

Just wanted to pass this on, I have a family member who works at AK and he has told me that they are being told that World of Color is coming. He noted that they are also being told that Avatar is 100% green lit and will be coming soon.

Has anyone heard this WoC rumor?

Genie of the Lamp

Just wanted to pass this on, I have a family member who works at AK and he has told me that they are being told that World of Color is coming. He noted that they are also being told that Avatar is 100% green lit and will be coming soon.

Greetings first time poster and Welcome to WDWMAGIC!:)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member

Welcome.
WoC would be a great addition, but I'm not sure DAK stays open late enough. Earlier today, I read someone mention WoC for Epcot, while others have suggested Disney Springs.
Did your family member mention a timetable for this?
I'm sure Lee, Martin or '74 will chime in and let us know.

ThemeParks4Life

He said they are being told that the addition of WoC is in efforts to make AK an all day park. He didn't mention a time table, but I'll ask.

And thanks for the real response, not sure the why the other cynical responses are necessary. Just trying to contribute.

Not being cynical, I'm just saying it can't come, it makes no sense in AK whatsoever. Then again, neither does Finding Nemo or a carnival.

mousehockey37

He said they are being told that the addition of WoC is in efforts to make AK an all day park. He didn't mention a time table, but I'll ask.

And thanks for the real response, not sure the why the other cynical responses are necessary. Just trying to contribute.

Making AK an all day park is iffy... With the KS there, animals are the priority. If you were to know anything of taking care of the animals, it's a long and tedious process... Probably one of the biggest reasons the park doesn't stay open longer.

As for cynical responses, long time reader, first time poster? Get used to it. You leave open ended ideas out there, someone's gonna finish them for you;)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member

You'll get used to it.
When I was a new member, some gal chewed me up and spit me out over in the Restaurant and Dining threads. She scared me off for a few days. And then I moved on, and she hasn't been heard from since.
This is called the "rumours" thread for a reason.

WDW97

Not being cynical, I'm just saying it can't come, it makes no sense in AK whatsoever. Then again, neither does Finding Nemo or a carnival.
I think it could fit, as long as they stuck to Disney/Pixar animals or they could do something completely different and do something along the lines of The Planet Earth movies with a message about helping stop pollution, poaching or something.

Unplugged

Welcome.
WoC would be a great addition, but I'm not sure DAK stays open late enough. Earlier today, I read someone mention WoC for Epcot, while others have suggested Disney Springs.

I was wondering about Disney Springs myself. Notice that they moved the mini-marina out so the could add the walk bridge from PI to Market Place. This leaves a sizable water space with a large quantity of viewing areas. When building the bridge/pier/what-have-you, it would be easy to put in a concrete barrier in the water under the pier that would segregate the water, allowing for a controlled environment for show systems. I recall this rumor being tossed around sometime back and we know that rarely is anything thrown away from WDI, if it was actually a rejected proposal. That would make sense though to encourage people to head to DS after the parks to catch a 10PM WoC-styled show.

Admittedly this is highly unlikely. But considering the $$ being thrown into the remodel, adding something unique to generate more traffic and sales certainly has a nice ring to the average bean counter.

mousehockey37

I think it could fit, as long as they stuck to Disney/Pixar animals or they could do something completely different and do something along the lines of The Planet Earth movies with a message about helping stop pollution, poaching or something.

Ummm... go to EPCOT, they have this awesome show with a similar plot line... There's even animals in it... It's called Illuminations: REFLECTIONS OF EARTH!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom