WORLD OF COLOR CELEBRATE! - Photos/Video, Reviews & Thoughts

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I watched it, and in video at least I didn't get that Disney feeling that bring tears to my eyes. I was still a fun show and in person these things always look even better!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Has anyone been able to catalog all the added effects and hardware employed by the new show sequences?

Just my observations
- the new screen and projections on the fun wheel
- more strobes all over screamin and the other buildings
- the cloud jets that shoot vertical
- the multicolor lasers
- looks like other effects that may not be projection (the colored swirls you see frequently on the water screens near the end)
- is it me, or does the flanking water screens look larger? or more continuous than before?

Bairstow

Just my observations
- the new screen and projections on the fun wheel
- more strobes all over screamin and the other buildings
- the cloud jets that shoot vertical
- the multicolor lasers
- looks like other effects that may not be projection (the colored swirls you see frequently on the water screens near the end)
- is it me, or does the flanking water screens look larger? or more continuous than before?

I could have sworn they were using the multicolored lasers when I saw the show 2 weeks ago.
Of course, this would have been after they were physically installed...

Travel Junkie

How are they making the design disappear to project unto it? Or is it a mesh screen in front of it?

CFf80n_VEAEDn9l.jpg:large

pic from @dlthings on twitter

Picklesthedrummer

Tonight DCA ran a soft opening of Celebrate. Caught everyone by surprise who were expecting to see the original one last time. I personally loved Celebrate, however the original is for sure better. As Inside the Magic did state, it did lack the emotional punch that the original. However many of the new effects added into the show are very impressive. Overall a great show, but I personally hope and believe it will be seasonal with the original returning eventually.

TP2000

I don't find the original emotional.

Yeah, me either. Except for the death sequence of Lion King, followed by the schmaltzy romance sequence, which is obviously designed to push emotion buttons in your brain. But I never really got emotional with World of Color. I'm impressed by it, and entertained, but not emotional.

Interesting that they soft opened the new World of Color Celebrate! a day early though. Twitter is saying there's already thousands waiting in the Esplanade to camp out overnight. I'm too old for that junk. But God bless those that want to.

The Diamond Celebration is almost here!

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Yeah, me either. Except for the death sequence of Lion King, followed by the schmaltzy romance sequence, which is obviously designed to push emotion buttons in your brain. But I never really got emotional with World of Color. I'm impressed by it, and entertained, but not emotional.

Interesting that they soft opened the new World of Color Celebrate! a day early though. Twitter is saying there's already thousands waiting in the Esplanade to camp out overnight. I'm too old for that junk. But God bless those that want to.

The Diamond Celebration is almost here!

Exactly. The Dumbo scene makes me cry, but that scene ALWAYS makes me cry, whether I'm watching it in World of Color or at home. It's not the actual show that does it.

Yes, I heard there are already a whole bunch of people there already. I'm 23 and even I can't handle stuff like that.

The kickoff is almost here! I'm waiting until next week to see everything. I'm ready.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Im glad to see I'm not the only one who felt this was off... I prefer the older version of WOC.
This felt overly "talky" and it felt the scenes didn't "flow" together.... but at least the fireworks are amazing...

FigmentForver96

The "Forever Young" segment is probably the most emotional part of the show...or at least I felt it was. The weirdest thing to me though was the addition of some many "theme songs". One moment you hear the World of Color theme then there is some Celebrate the Magic and then other songs. The ending just sort of ends all weird trying to play multiple songs. Loved the show and cant wait to see it in person though!

Mukta

Well, I am back from seeing the show live tonight.

I was a big fan of the old one. I loved the music and the gorgeous colors of the water.

This show did not do it for me. It had some greatness to it, but a lot of it fell flat for me. I loved seeing Walt, I loves hearing the opening day speech, I loved the clips from rides.

It just didn't have the grandeur for me of the old show. There was too much fire and not enough colored water. There was too much NPH and not enough recognizable songs.

It felt like they took the scenes we loved from Remember and tried to toss them in here because Remember is gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom