News "World of Color – One" coming to Disney California Adventure

Californian Elitist

Disney 100 is a celebration of everything from the company in the last century, not just what they’ve created with animation. Therefore, their Star Wars and Marvel content should be and are included.

PiratesMansion

If it were up to me, all of the non-Disney stuff would be excluded on principle, but I know that in the company that exists now that such a wish is a fool's errand.

So if they MUST try to include all of their "other" content, I'd prefer that it's all segmented into WOC, a show I'm less likely to be crazy about anyway.

Californian Elitist

I mean, if we are being picky… I’d love a little more Disney live action inclusion. Give me Mary Poppins or Bedknobs and Broomsticks please.
I was thinking about that, too. Mainly because Heavyweights is the funniest live-action Disney movie, and one of the funniest movies in general, of all-time and I would love to see a clip of it somewhere in a Disneyland show lol.

Disney Analyst

My biggest issue with the show is that the fountains still aren’t all working.

Those chasers have clear gaps still (as evident in the last show video for World of Color the day before One’s debut).

Fix the fountains in WoC and Fantasmic Disney 😒

wtyy21

Here's how Trisha Holloway telling about the digital soundtrack release of Wondrous Journeys theme song. But, we must wait a moment when Holloway tell us about the digital clean soundtrack release of World of Color: ONE and its theme song "Start a Wave".

waltography

I’m surprised they haven’t done a 2000s-themed Disneyland After Dark event. The bulk of the fireworks show for that night would be from all 3 High School Musical films.
I'm surprised too. Ever since I saw the insanely long lines just for this photo op at the D23 Expo last year, it really feels like Disney is sitting on a mound of untapped nostalgia for late-90s/early-00s Disney Channel.

1675046493099.png

Consumer

This is the best recording of show so far

The Star Wars and Marvel scenes are both so bizarre. Why is the animation so minimal? Why did they not just show actual clips from the movies like the Pirates of the Caribbean scene from normal World of Color? Star Wars in the World Color stage has potential, using water and light to create a dogfight between X-Wings and TIE Fighters. Anyway, the show's a complete mess so it's not much of a surprise, but these two scenes are particularly and notably bad.

SuddenStorm

The Star Wars and Marvel scenes are both so bizarre. Why is the animation so minimal? Why did they not just show actual clips from the movies like the Pirates of the Caribbean scene from normal World of Color? Star Wars in the World Color stage has potential, using water and light to create a dogfight between X-Wings and TIE Fighters. Anyway, the show's a complete mess so it's not much of a surprise, but these two scenes are particularly and notably bad.

Has there ever been a version of World of Color that's lived up to it's potential? I think there was a holiday version that was well regarded but I never saw it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom