World Drive Phase-III

UNCgolf

They already filed the permit for modifying the course a few months ago. I think you just missed it.

Did they actually hire a golf course architect to come in and oversee the changes/design something new to replace what's being altered? Or are they just doing it in-house?

Not that the Disney courses are anything to write home about, but doing that kind of work on a golf course in-house often leads to poor results.

J4546

I was hoping for an Epcot entrance hotel next, but they don't seem to even want to finish the construction they started over there. Something new and special at MK would be great, since it should be a short walk to the park and the express monorail to TTC.
i hope not, i saw a concept for a hotel back behind the land and sea pavilion and it looked terrible imo. and was a terrible use of space

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
They already filed the permit for modifying the course a few months ago. I think you just missed it.

You are correct, and it even shows the World Drive re-alignment. Guess I just passed over it since it was about the golf course.

1634595278427.png

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
First thing I thought about was a Marvel I type hotel - similar to Galactic Cruiser. I know I’m probably way off on that. But was the first thing that came to mind.

UNCgolf

It would be rather difficult to market at WDW.

Even if that wasn't an issue, I'm not sure how you'd make a similar Marvel experience. You're all superheroes? That wouldn't work very well. At best you could all be SHIELD agents-in-training or something like that (isn't that the "story" at Disneyland?) and I don't think that would have nearly as much interest as a trip to space in the Star Wars galaxy.

J4546

i would def like to see a themed area that adds to the park as well, not just a hotel. The old Fire Mountain concept looked awesome, sucks they never materialized because that would have been very unique to Florida

DVCakaCarlF

What IP is so hot right now that they feel like they want to build a resort? Could be their first attempt at a resort that is “in the park?”

DC0703

Even if that wasn't an issue, I'm not sure how you'd make a similar Marvel experience. You're all superheroes? That wouldn't work very well. At best you could all be SHIELD agents-in-training or something like that (isn't that the "story" at Disneyland?) and I don't think that would have nearly as much interest as a trip to space in the Star Wars galaxy.
To be honest, I really hope they don't continue making more of those "immersive experience" places like Star Wars Galactic Cruiser. There is no way I could justify the insanely steep price tag. Nor would I have much interest in the whole role playing experience, even as a Star Wars fan. I'd much rather have unique theming, a big pool, and a nice balcony.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

To be honest, I really hope they don't continue making more of those "immersive experience" places like Star Wars Galactic Cruiser. There is no way I could justify the insanely steep price tag. Nor would I have much interest in the whole role playing experience, even as a Star Wars fan. I'd much really have unique theming, a big pool, and a nice balcony.
You don't make enough money. Get a better paying job.
Regards - Bob

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
LOL. No. Should be a hot topic around here in a few years if it comes to pass. And if it doesn’t, I’ll share what might have been.

Confirmed...

mhaftman7

I’m probably way off, but if a second immersive hotel is the plan, POTC makes too much sense. That being said, I doubt it would be because it they have CBR. Haunted Mansion could also make a lot of sense. I could probably EASILY say the wife for a trip if that’s the case.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
question for those that are way more into this stuff than me...
Just West of this proposed re route... there is golf course and wet lands, correct? How much land is that?? Is it suitable to be built upon???
For more maps than the one posted, check out...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Isn't GF Fantasyland?
Main Street.

Poly - Adventure

Contemporary - Tomorrow

Frontier - Wilderness

There's no resort for Fantasyland. But, what would be except a giant castle-themed resort?

Liberty Square (HoP, HM) has no resort.

And most importantly the Hub has no resort. But... we can change that!!...

mhaftman7

Rte 70 was once several dozeen alien crop circles as they came in for a landing in Grover Mills. Jersey decided to connect them with a road.
The 70/73 circle elimination has not been an improvement. 73 now has an overpass that has increased congestion significantly and 70 now has 4 traffic lights within a half mile. Needless to say the planning wasn’t thought out.

Fe Maiden

The 70/73 circle elimination has not been an improvement. 73 now has an overpass that has increased congestion significantly and 70 now has 4 traffic lights within a half mile. Needless to say the planning wasn’t thought out.
I've driven that for 30 years. I couldn't disagree more, for all the worry in planning that overpass has worked out well. And there are plenty of side streets that run parallel (like the one that takes you to the Chickie n Petes area) where you can exit off 70/73 early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom