World Drive Phase-III

Jambo Dad

I must be in the minority but I was looking forward to Reflections. Early drawings should be taken with a grain of salt. The location on Bay Lake would be great, it motivated them to get rid of the mosquito magnet ruins of River Country, and it’s presence near Fort Wilderness would actually help keep the classic campground intact.

As to a possible new resort between GF and Magic - that would be great. Good idea to add more around Magic to create more hotel rooms at the premiere park. If they make it so the entrance to magic is as close as possible to the resort than no need for monorail. Maybe even a direct entrance near the fire station.

Magic expansion is also advised. The ’blessing of size’ may have created more resorts, but it has not resulted in twice as much park as California’s two resorts. I think Florida needs a couple of new lands not found in California.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I must be in the minority but I was looking forward to Reflections. Early drawings should be taken with a grain of salt. the location on Bay Lake would be great, it motivated them to get rid of the mosquito magnet ruins of River Country, and it’s presence near Fort Wilderness would actually help keep the classic campground intact.
Bob is already 61. He won’t be CEO for all that long. This new property will make him more money before he retires and the next Bob shows up.

pdude81

Bob is already 61. He won’t be CEO for all that long. This new property will make him more money before he retires and the next Bob shows up.
I was hoping for an Epcot entrance hotel next, but they don't seem to even want to finish the construction they started over there. Something new and special at MK would be great, since it should be a short walk to the park and the express monorail to TTC.

bcoachable

question for those that are way more into this stuff than me...
Just West of this proposed re route... there is golf course and wet lands, correct? How much land is that?? Is it suitable to be built upon???

Kamikaze

Just West of this proposed re route... there is golf course and wet lands, correct? How much land is that?? Is it suitable to be built upon???
The courses are on the southern end of Floridian Way, across from TTC. Shades of Green Resort and the Palm and Magnolia golf courses. They won't be tearing any of those up any time soon.

The wetlands/forest north of GF is the land we're talking about.

hopemax

is the new road going behind Grand Floridian costuming? that's what it look like. I know all Grand Floridian castmembers have to park in that lot across the street and walk over which sucks.
I’m going to guess this is all this is about, GF Operations… and not a new Guest anything, except maybe allow for expanded Guest parking at the GF. My Dad lives north of WDW and these roads are how we commute and my Mom used to work at the Grand specifically until she passed in 2015 and even then there were issues with inadequate CM parking at times. She got to work at 5AM so always got a spot, but when she left, there were cars circling. Look at the Google Maps photo, that lot is packed. There is also so much more housing back there and therefore traffic then when they moved there in 2005. They have to have the stoplight there to allow Cast to safely cross. But then traffic backs up when the lights are red. At opening, especially you can sit for multiple lights to make it through this area.

Move the road and you can eliminate the need for the thru traffic to have to deal with the stoplight without endangering crossing CMs. The only traffic that would need to go that close to the Grand via the old road is specifically GF traffic.

bcoachable

The courses are on the southern end of Floridian Way, across from TTC. Shades of Green Resort and the Palm and Magnolia golf courses. They won't be tearing any of those up any time soon.

Thanks!! To be more clear, I do understand where the "new resort talk" is...
I am asking what is across the street...
And how much is a Green Fee over at that golf course going for these days??? Are they booked up all the time??
And does Shades of Green make lots and lots of money for the company??

peter11435

This road project will tear up part of one of the courses. Magnolia 16 and 17 will be impacted.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Here is the suitability map. Red is suitable for construction, light green is marginally suitable, dark green is unsuitable.
1634584498215.png

hopemax

Except the way the road is drawn it would cut over whatever hole is in that corner, I think it's Magnolia 16 and maybe parts of 17. I'm not sure they can squeeze a road between the berm for the golf course and leaving some foliage blocking the Facilities stuff. It's like that hole has to move in order for the road to angle off and not be a sharp left. Otherwise, it looks like it would have to go over the back parking lot, but it still seems like that would be a sharper left, and not the slope it shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom