working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I am in with a 40 minute yoga-ish class. It was OK, I am not in a rush to do it again. There were too many wild things and too many reverse table tops which means I am going to have a cranky shoulder later on today.

I am going to bake some baguettes and make a lasagna today. My husband was dropping hints about lasagna all weekend. :rolleyes:

My husband and I tried to find some trails to walk on for a change. We went to two, but they were both closed. We finally found one, but about 10 minutes of walking, we came across a sign that said, "Trail closed." :cautious: We finally went to a park that had a small walking oval. That was boring, but I got a walk in.

We're supposed to go out for breakfast this morning, but I am just not feeling it. I'll see how I feel when everyone wakes up. :p

Go out to breakfast! :hungry:

epcotisbest

It cleared up nicely Saturday and we got outside some, then I fired up the grill for steaks Saturday evening. I made porterhouse with some herbed butter topping and hotdogs. Hotdogs with steak? Well, I had a pack in the fridge and the grill was already going, so why not? My wife made home fries and green beans to go with the steak. Tasty. My apologies to the non-meat eaters.

epcotisbest

I smiled when I read this, because I went to the grocery store yesterday and everything I looked at, just looked like the same ol', same ol'. ;)

My wife decided she wanted to try something different, so at the grocery store she picked up some stuff to try a recipe she recently read, and it turned out to be one of the best desserts she has ever made (and that is saying a lot).
This is an apple-cranberry slab pie modified from a Joanna Gaines recipe from Magnolia Journal for apple-cherry slab pie. I only got to taste a little of it because of the copious amounts of sugar, but it was delicious. She is taking it to a breakfast meeting this morning. The other folks will probably be too busy enjoying this to get a lot done in the meeting.

HouCuseChickie

That's awesome! Way to go! 👏 Are you doing it yourself?

Yup. At first, I just started by cutting out all of the food that made me out of control...sort of treating things like an addiction. As I tried adding back in some foods that were more "slippery slope" items vs. trigger foods, I found some sensitivities. Ultimately, it led to me cutting gluten and dairy. I also try avoiding added sugar.

Do you work with people in another time zone? That's crazy to have to get up so early on a Sunday. I don't blame you for napping if you are beginning work at 4 AM.

While we do have some people/groups in different time zones, this was just the timing of the testing region being available. The earlier they get people in, the earlier the find out if there are issues...giving us a better chance of those issues being corrected before the testing region window closes.

epcotisbest

Just dropped in here today to encourage everyone to keep up the strong efforts as it does make a difference. I had my regular three month doctor's appointment today and the lab work came back with good numbers across the board. A1C was 6.2, down from the last visit, sugar 131, still a bit high, but still down from last visit, BP was good, cholesterol good, pulse and resting heart rate and respiration all good.
Weight was up from last visit but that is all my fault as I ate way to much over the holidays and still do, so that is on me. I can easily drop the few pounds I put on just by eating better (not steak and potatoes and apple-cranberry slab pie and stuff like that).
I realize I am very lucky to have a system that responds well to small changes and to doing what I know I need to do. I could probably be in really good shape if I got serious enough with working out and eating right like my friends on here do.
So with that said, I am living proof that results are worth the effort. Stay strong everyone, because one thing is for certain, if I can make a difference in my own health with the small efforts I put in, you can make a difference too. If you don't do it just for you, think of the ones who love you and put in a little extra effort for them, that is what I try to do.
Oh, and the doctor's words for me as I was leaving..."Keep doing what you're doing."
One last thing...yeah for me!

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just dropped in here today to encourage everyone to keep up the strong efforts as it does make a difference. I had my regular three month doctor's appointment today and the lab work came back with good numbers across the board. A1C was 6.2, down from the last visit, sugar 131, still a bit high, but still down from last visit, BP was good, cholesterol good, pulse and resting heart rate and respiration all good.
Weight was up from last visit but that is all my fault as I ate way to much over the holidays and still do, so that is on me. I can easily drop the few pounds I put on just by eating better (not steak and potatoes and apple-cranberry slab pie and stuff like that).
I realize I am very lucky to have a system that responds well to small changes and to doing what I know I need to do. I could probably be in really good shape if I got serious enough with working out and eating right like my friends on here do.
So with that said, I am living proof that results are worth the effort. Stay strong everyone, because one thing is for certain, if I can make a difference in my own health with the small efforts I put in, you can make a difference too. If you don't do it just for you, think of the ones who love you and put in a little extra effort for them, that is what I try to do.
Oh, and the doctor's words for me as I was leaving..."Keep doing what you're doing."

Congrats on your efforts and some good results on your doctor's visit. It can be hard to stay motivated at times, so the people who do succeed, are to be greatly admired.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HouCuseChickie

My new workout toy arrived last night. It was fairly easy to assemble...minus a little mishap where it folded in on my hand. The display isn't working and I can't tell if it's faulty wiring or a bad battery. It's one of those little silver batteries and I haven't popped it out yet to get the type to try a replacement, but it's also not a big deal if it doesn't work...since it's really just a timer and a counter. It's not ideal, but I can use my phone if I have to. I've done a few sets on it, but not a full blown cardio workout just yet. The movement isn't as smooth as a VersaClimber, but it also didn't cost $2k-5k either. We'll see what hurts after I've used it for a bit, but I could immediately feel it targeting my hamstrings in a way other things just aren't - which is good. Also hoping it helps with some of my upper body strength since my husband is pushing to do a day of whitewater rafting during summer vacay...and I don't want to get worn out too fast if I need to row.

33281294038_0261bc0c20_z.jpg

Pretty decent workout this morning...did a lot of arm and shoulder work while biking, had a really good warm up walk on the treadmill to some ABBA, and did a lot of work on my abs. I have yet to join the InstaPot craze, but I put a mix of pork and beef roasts in the slow cooker along with some mushrooms and onion, before logging in to work. Should be ready in 10 hours or so.

93boomer

Premium Member
I get like that now and again. Nothing looks appealing to me, yet I am hungry. Sometimes I think it's the season. I love to make things like veggie and chicken skewers on the grill, but it's not grilling weather. Although, when I go out walking, I can smell that some people grill in the dead of winter.
I do this too. I get tired of preparing the same ole meals. We just grilled salmon on the grill last week. I like it better than baking in the oven. I would like to do some more grilling this week but it's raining. :(

93boomer

Premium Member
I have been walking outside every day even when it has been kind of cold. I just add layers and bundle up. I don't walk outside when it rains though. I am having to walk inside most of this week because of it. :( That and a couple of days of 3 lb. weights does it for me. I could be doing more target exercise, but I am moving all day long going up and down stairs so that's good for me.

93boomer

Premium Member
Congrats!!

HouCuseChickie

Was able to pop the bad battery out of the new climber. Turns out it takes the same kid of batteries as our light up Christmas Mickey ears. The lady who sold me the ears sent me enough batteries to last for years. Popped one into the climber and sure enough, it works. 😁

Was also feeling pretty good after lunch, so I decided to try on some jeans (how I assess things if the scale doesn't seem to add up to what I'm seeing). Sure enough, I can now zip up a pair I haven't been able to zip since early 2008. They are still really tight in the waist, but it's major progress. The stew still has a couple of hours to go, but it's looking good and hoping the purple potatoes make for a nice change...

47160196981_6b655c76be_z.jpg

93boomer

Premium Member
Was able to pop the bad battery out of the new climber. Turns out it takes the same kid of batteries as our light up Christmas Mickey ears. The lady who sold me the ears sent me enough batteries to last for years. Popped one into the climber and sure enough, it works. 😁

Was also feeling pretty good after lunch, so I decided to try on some jeans (how I assess things if the scale doesn't seem to add up to what I'm seeing). Sure enough, I can now zip up a pair I haven't been able to zip since early 2008. They are still really tight in the waist, but it's major progress. The stew still has a couple of hours to go, but it's looking good and hoping the purple potatoes make for a nice change...

47160196981_6b655c76be_z.jpg
Congrats! And your dinner looks yummy!!

epcotisbest

My new workout toy arrived last night. It was fairly easy to assemble...minus a little mishap where it folded in on my hand. The display isn't working and I can't tell if it's faulty wiring or a bad battery. It's one of those little silver batteries and I haven't popped it out yet to get the type to try a replacement, but it's also not a big deal if it doesn't work...since it's really just a timer and a counter. It's not ideal, but I can use my phone if I have to. I've done a few sets on it, but not a full blown cardio workout just yet. The movement isn't as smooth as a VersaClimber, but it also didn't cost $2k-5k either. We'll see what hurts after I've used it for a bit, but I could immediately feel it targeting my hamstrings in a way other things just aren't - which is good. Also hoping it helps with some of my upper body strength since my husband is pushing to do a day of whitewater rafting during summer vacay...and I don't want to get worn out too fast if I need to row.

33281294038_0261bc0c20_z.jpg

Pretty decent workout this morning...did a lot of arm and shoulder work while biking, had a really good warm up walk on the treadmill to some ABBA, and did a lot of work on my abs. I have yet to join the InstaPot craze, but I put a mix of pork and beef roasts in the slow cooker along with some mushrooms and onion, before logging in to work. Should be ready in 10 hours or so.

That is an interesting looking machine. My wife has this elliptical she uses almost every morning and it has held up well for about three years now. It does not rattle or squeak and is very quiet when in use. She said awhile back something to the effect that "if this thing ever wears out I'm getting another one." I think she was talking about the elliptical and not me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom