working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Thanks. It's been bothering me. I don't bake cakes enough to get really good at it. I make 4-5 year. I should probably get a mock up and decorate that.

I know the feeling. I look at every cake I make, compare it to my sketches and the image in my mind and it's never quite what I intended it to be. It's that perfectionist thing. I'm still bothered about the tusk on one of the edible narwhals on my younger one's bday cake from this past Nov. In the end, nobody else seems to see the flaws...which is good. I used to do a lot more, but I'm down to 3-4 a year at most. Now I just say a little prayer before the few I do and hope they turn out good enough to not embarrass the kids. I've even gotten lazy and stopped making my fondant. I'm thinking about trying a gluten free dairy free one for my dad since it makes it a lot easier when I can taste what I'm baking, but will revert to real flour and butter if it doesn't go well and just utilize the kids' taste buds. :hilarious:

HouCuseChickie

Had a good workout this morning, but not the best weigh in day...not bad, but just kind of stagnant. Thinking I may finally be approaching a plateau after 7.5 solid months of weight loss. So, I decided to replace the broken elliptical with something a bit different to shake things up, since I'm still too far out from goal to just go with it. So, I guess I'm going to be simulating rock climbing for my change of pace (Below). I think I'm also going to toss in some walking while at weekend tournaments...assuming there are suitable places to walk.

Overreacting...maybe. My friends keep giving me the whole muscle mass vs. fat mass lecture, and I get it, but I still think I should be able to get into a healthy weight zone while still building muscle.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Although it's been around for some time, I just recently tried siggi's yogurt. I really like it, because it's not too sweet. I usually don't get flavored yogurt, but this brand is a welcome exception. :hungry: Anyone else here like it, too?

Calories: 110, 0 fat, 30% protein

Sans Souci

Had a good workout this morning, but not the best weigh in day...not bad, but just kind of stagnant. Thinking I may finally be approaching a plateau after 7.5 solid months of weight loss. So, I decided to replace the broken elliptical with something a bit different to shake things up, since I'm still too far out from goal to just go with it. So, I guess I'm going to be simulating rock climbing for my change of pace (Below). I think I'm also going to toss in some walking while at weekend tournaments...assuming there are suitable places to walk.

Overreacting...maybe. My friends keep giving me the whole muscle mass vs. fat mass lecture, and I get it, but I still think I should be able to get into a healthy weight zone while still building muscle.

View attachment 350316

I lost 50 lbs a couple of years ago and I have found that walking has been the "secret sauce" for weight loss and maintenance for me (YMMV). I like lifting weights and HIIT workouts, but I need to swap them out after a while because they make me insanely hungry.

Sans Souci

Although it's been around for some time, I just recently tried siggi's yogurt. I really like it, because it's not too sweet. I usually don't get flavored yogurt, but this brand is a welcome exception. :hungry: Anyone else here like it, too?

Calories: 110, 0 fat, 30% protein

I like that one, too. Another good brand is Icelandic Provisions. They have lots of fun flavors and they aren't too sweet, either.

Sans Souci

Good morning.

Yesterday I did a lower body strength training workout.

Today is a rest day for me. I realized today I haven't had a rest day in 13 days.

I made a loaf of brioche this AM. My son asked me to make some last night. The dough wasn't coming together and I had to keep stopping to scrape the dough away from the side. Plus the ingredients weren't incorporated very well. I kept thinking to myself, "This thing sucks," and I left it to rise at room temp for an hour. As soon as I sat down, I realized I forgot to use a required attachment--a dough scraper. 🤦‍♀️ So I went back and tried again with the attachment and I had a nice, cohesive dough in a few minutes. So, it sat in the fridge overnight and I got up at 4:30 to let it rise at room temp for three hours before baking. It came out pretty good. I'd like to try it again doing it correctly from the beginning. LOL

My son spread clotted cream on his slices, because bread loaded with butter and eggs wasn't rich enough for him. I need his metabolism.

Songbird76

The cake is super cute. I think the freehand hearts are better than perfect ones. That's very "in" at the moment anyway.

I think we must have different yogurt here than you all have. I tried for about 3 months to eat plain yogurt with berries and oats every morning for breakfast and I could hardly choke it down. I switched to half fat vanilla yogurt and just blueberries and oats, and now I can stomach it. DD can not. It's definitely not too sweet! We tried a cherry yogurt today and it was pretty good, though it's still pretty sour. Trying a forest fruit one tomorrow.

Sans Souci

The cake is super cute. I think the freehand hearts are better than perfect ones. That's very "in" at the moment anyway.

I think we must have different yogurt here than you all have. I tried for about 3 months to eat plain yogurt with berries and oats every morning for breakfast and I could hardly choke it down. I switched to half fat vanilla yogurt and just blueberries and oats, and now I can stomach it. DD can not. It's definitely not too sweet! We tried a cherry yogurt today and it was pretty good, though it's still pretty sour. Trying a forest fruit one tomorrow.

Thanks. I am hoping once I use my stand mixer more frequently, things will improve. All I wanted was to pipe a border top and bottom. But I messed the buttercream up. Boo.

Some yogurt brands are like desserts. They are so sweet, you might as well eat pudding or something. Sometimes, I will buy some 2% Greek yogurt and top it with some honey and pistachios or almonds. One popular brand of Greek yogurt comes with chocolate/granola/nuts to top the already sweetened yogurt.

Sans Souci

Good morning. 🌞

I did a lower body strength training YouTube video this morning. I think for the time being, I am going to alternate between lower body, yoga (which really gets my upper body) and HIIT cardio. I love yoga, but I don't feel like it challenges the lower body for me.

I am in a food funk or something. I keep looking for meals to make this week and everything I look at makes me feel 'meh.'

HouCuseChickie

I lost 50 lbs a couple of years ago and I have found that walking has been the "secret sauce" for weight loss and maintenance for me (YMMV). I like lifting weights and HIIT workouts, but I need to swap them out after a while because they make me insanely hungry.

So far, I'm down 85 since late June. I went the walking route a few years ago, but it's too hard with my work schedule. The insanely hungry from workouts is also an issue. Finding filling things that don't stick to the hips!

HouCuseChickie

I was really thinking I'd wake up and work out today, but exhaustion got the better of me. We didn't get home from softball last night until 10pm, I had a huge work project involving a 4am check in and a 5:30am log in (worked until 3:30pm o_O), and my body just couldn't handle doing anything at 4am. I also didn't do the best with stress eating today, but it could have been much worse. So, instead of working out...I napped from 3:30-6:30pm to try and give my body some well needed rest. I even skipped going out to dinner with the fam after they got home from day 2 of softball.

Sans Souci

I smiled when I read this, because I went to the grocery store yesterday and everything I looked at, just looked like the same ol', same ol'. ;)

I get like that now and again. Nothing looks appealing to me, yet I am hungry. Sometimes I think it's the season. I love to make things like veggie and chicken skewers on the grill, but it's not grilling weather. Although, when I go out walking, I can smell that some people grill in the dead of winter.

Sans Souci

I was really thinking I'd wake up and work out today, but exhaustion got the better of me. We didn't get home from softball last night until 10pm, I had a huge work project involving a 4am check in and a 5:30am log in (worked until 3:30pm o_O), and my body just couldn't handle doing anything at 4am. I also didn't do the best with stress eating today, but it could have been much worse. So, instead of working out...I napped from 3:30-6:30pm to try and give my body some well needed rest. I even skipped going out to dinner with the fam after they got home from day 2 of softball.

Do you work with people in another time zone? That's crazy to have to get up so early on a Sunday. I don't blame you for napping if you are beginning work at 4 AM.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am in with a 40 minute yoga-ish class. It was OK, I am not in a rush to do it again. There were too many wild things and too many reverse table tops which means I am going to have a cranky shoulder later on today.

I am going to bake some baguettes and make a lasagna today. My husband was dropping hints about lasagna all weekend. :rolleyes:

My husband and I tried to find some trails to walk on for a change. We went to two, but they were both closed. We finally found one, but about 10 minutes of walking, we came across a sign that said, "Trail closed." :cautious: We finally went to a park that had a small walking oval. That was boring, but I got a walk in.

We're supposed to go out for breakfast this morning, but I am just not feeling it. I'll see how I feel when everyone wakes up. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom