working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

I get the shock part. About 10 years ago when we had to put our (previous) dog down, I felt the same. Took me a very long time to get over it.

It's going to take some time, but just trying to do all I can to help the healing process.

I'm so very sorry sending lots of {{HUGS}}

Thank you!

Oh, no. I am sorry about your furry family member. I lost a Jack Russell Terrier suddenly, too. It's a shock when it happens. How are your girls taking it?

Yeah, the suddenness is really what's getting to all of us. I'm sorry for your loss as well. The girls are very upset...the older one more visibly than the younger, but just doing all I can to help them along in this and validating their grief...regardless of how they choose to express it (aside from acting up in class, etc.). I got them a book today that a friend recommended and we're looking at some really cute pendant urns (sounds a bit morbid, but...) that they could either wear or hang in their rooms so that she's always with them. We know we're not ready yet, but we've talked also about getting a new dog (or dogs) down the road, just so we can start them thinking about positive things to come.

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

Just doing to same old yoga with some kettle bell hiit here and there.

I applied for a flight attendant job last week. I haven't told my husband and I won't until (if) I make it to the face to face interview in Denver. :p Twelve years ago, I had an interview with United and he made me cancel it. That's not happening again. I have moved from Chicago to London to Chicago to NJ for his job and I think it's time for me to pursue my own career. Anyway, I don't think I'll even get a phone interview. I have a master's degree in Social Work, but I feel like a lot of the skills overlap with being a flight attendant. I am not too emotionally invested at this point. I hope it takes a while, because I just sent my passport in for renewal today and that is required for the job.

I hope those of us in the polar vortex stay warm! You wouldn't believe it's supposed to snow here. The sky is perfectly clear with lots of sunlight. I'm just thankful I am not in Chicago right now. I keep calling my grandma to make sure her heat is working.

I think being a flight attendant would be really neat...and you totally deserve to go for this opportunity considering all of the moving around you've done for his job.

Hope all is well with your grandma. My Chicago area friends have been posting on Facebook and it just sounds so ridiculously cold.

Songbird76

Hello-

Just doing to same old yoga with some kettle bell hiit here and there.

I applied for a flight attendant job last week. I haven't told my husband and I won't until (if) I make it to the face to face interview in Denver. :p Twelve years ago, I had an interview with United and he made me cancel it. That's not happening again. I have moved from Chicago to London to Chicago to NJ for his job and I think it's time for me to pursue my own career. Anyway, I don't think I'll even get a phone interview. I have a master's degree in Social Work, but I feel like a lot of the skills overlap with being a flight attendant. I am not too emotionally invested at this point. I hope it takes a while, because I just sent my passport in for renewal today and that is required for the job.

I hope those of us in the polar vortex stay warm! You wouldn't believe it's supposed to snow here. The sky is perfectly clear with lots of sunlight. I'm just thankful I am not in Chicago right now. I keep calling my grandma to make sure her heat is working.
Good luck with your job! I agree with you that you've sacrificed enough...now it's time to get to do what YOU want. Would you have to move to Denver if you got it, then?

Sans Souci

Yeah, the suddenness is really what's getting to all of us. I'm sorry for your loss as well. The girls are very upset...the older one more visibly than the younger, but just doing all I can to help them along in this and validating their grief...regardless of how they choose to express it (aside from acting up in class, etc.). I got them a book today that a friend recommended and we're looking at some really cute pendant urns (sounds a bit morbid, but...) that they could either wear or hang in their rooms so that she's always with them. We know we're not ready yet, but we've talked also about getting a new dog (or dogs) down the road, just so we can start them thinking about positive things to come.

Aw. I feel for them. That's good that you've made them they feel they can grieve. When my last dog passed away, I really struggled with it. The people closest to me were supportive, but I was worried other people would think I was being emotionally frivolous about crying over a dog.

I don't think the pendant urn is morbid at all. When my poodle passed away, I took a snippet of his hair and I have his ashes. There is a glass blower who will incorporate a small bit of ashes into a glass pendant. The ashes look like bubbles in the final product. I keep meaning to get one for myself, but it gets put on the back burner. His work is beautiful.

Sans Souci

I think being a flight attendant would be really neat...and you totally deserve to go for this opportunity considering all of the moving around you've done for his job.

Yes. I agree. My husband won't be too happy (*if* this happens), but my son is 17. He's pretty low maintenance; he makes his own dinner, does homework (mostly) unprompted and graduates next year. So, we're in a different situation than I was 12 years ago where I had to cancel my interview.

Good luck with your job! I agree with you that you've sacrificed enough...now it's time to get to do what YOU want. Would you have to move to Denver if you got it, then?

Thank you! I wouldn't have to move at all! They are looking to fill positions in Philly and I am 25 min drive away. :)

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was an interval yoga class. There were some alternating yoga flows with cardio intervals. It's not pure yoga, but it gets my heart rate up. I wanted to get warm. My house was cold this morning.

It's cold here, not Chicago cold, but cold nonetheless. It took hours for my thermostat go from 65 to 72. (Yes, I keep my house at 72 in the day, don't judge. 🤪) It's supposed get into the low 60s next week and I am waiting for that. It better not get "downgraded" between now and then. :cautious:

HouCuseChickie

Aw. I feel for them. That's good that you've made them they feel they can grieve. When my last dog passed away, I really struggled with it. The people closest to me were supportive, but I was worried other people would think I was being emotionally frivolous about crying over a dog.

I don't think the pendant urn is morbid at all. When my poodle passed away, I took a snippet of his hair and I have his ashes. There is a glass blower who will incorporate a small bit of ashes into a glass pendant. The ashes look like bubbles in the final product. I keep meaning to get one for myself, but it gets put on the back burner. His work is beautiful.

Funny...and not in the ha ha way...but the older one's middle school dance teacher is showing that she's likely one of those people. I just had a discussion with the school about it because it's not ok to scold my kid with dead dog comments. :mad: One of my friends is like this too...and it hurts since I've nurtured her ongoing grief over a celeb she never even met.

That sounds beautiful with the glass pendant. I'd seen some paperweight options like that, but not pendants...which I like much better. I might have to reach out to some of my friends more in with our local art scene to see if there is anyone here who can do this. Thinking a ring would be very me. We have a few things in mind, really. We have a persimmon tree in the back yard that is coming down soon since it hasn't been the same since Hurricane Harvey and well, I don't like persimmons :hilarious:. I know some of her ashes will go into the earth for whatever is planted in that space. Her name was also Daisy, so we've talked about building a bed around the tree for kind of daisies. Going to pick her up today...feeling a mix of dread and excitement.

Edit- told hubby about the glass idea and that some of these artists will even do sculptures. He really likes this idea. Thank you for the tip :)

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

Today was an interval yoga class. There were some alternating yoga flows with cardio intervals. It's not pure yoga, but it gets my heart rate up. I wanted to get warm. My house was cold this morning.

It's cold here, not Chicago cold, but cold nonetheless. It took hours for my thermostat go from 65 to 72. (Yes, I keep my house at 72 in the day, don't judge. 🤪) It's supposed get into the low 60s next week and I am waiting for that. It better not get "downgraded" between now and then. :cautious:

72 sounds nice. My husband won't turn our thermostat above 68 and he often pushes it down to 66 even when he knows I'm working from home. It's not until I'm shivering at my desk to I figure it out. We're supposed to have temps go up next week too...but I have a feeling that our warm and cold are different than yours. :hilarious: I was battling my kids over heavy winter coats this morning - 48 out at the time.

Sans Souci

Funny...and not in the ha ha way...but the older one's middle school dance teacher is showing that she's likely one of those people. I just had a discussion with the school about it because it's not ok to scold my kid with dead dog comments. :mad: One of my friends is like this too...and it hurts since I've nurtured her ongoing grief over a celeb she never even met.

That sounds beautiful with the glass pendant. I'd seen some paperweight options like that, but not pendants...which I like much better. I might have to reach out to some of my friends more in with our local art scene to see if there is anyone here who can do this. Thinking a ring would be very me. We have a few things in mind, really. We have a persimmon tree in the back yard that is coming down soon since it hasn't been the same since Hurricane Harvey and well, I don't like persimmons :hilarious:. I know some of her ashes will go into the earth for whatever is planted in that space. Her name was also Daisy, so we've talked about building a bed around the tree for kind of daisies. Going to pick her up today...feeling a mix of dread and excitement.

Edit- told hubby about the glass idea and that some of these artists will even do sculptures. He really likes this idea. Thank you for the tip :)

Oh, no, your daughter's teacher made dead dog comments? Yikes.

I like the daisy idea. That's a cute and uplifting way to memorialize her.

These are the pendants I was talking about before. Just to give you an idea. (I have no connection to this person.)

I love the galaxy one. I keep meaning to order one, but I never do,

HouCuseChickie

Oh, no, your daughter's teacher made dead dog comments? Yikes.

I like the daisy idea. That's a cute and uplifting way to memorialize her.

These are the pendants I was talking about before. Just to give you an idea. (I have no connection to this person.)

I love the galaxy one. I keep meaning to order one, but I never do,

Those are beautiful! I had found this one on another site yesterday that I really like...

Very van Gogh Stary Night and they're in Austin, so I wouldn't have to ship ashes if we wanted to drive out there. BUT...we decided that we don't want to disrupt the ashes. The urn came sealed and I don't think I want to mess with it or handle any of them directly, so whatever we do will be done with the fur still all over this house...unless we have some crazy change of heart. I still bought a tree that made me think of her and a variety of shasta daisies called 'Crazy Daisies" because she was a wild and crazy dog for quite some time. The urn pendants on the way for me and the kids can just be filled with fur.

Please share though if you wind up ordering a pendant. I'd love to see it! The look really beautiful.

HouCuseChickie

I took a rest day today. I usually rest on Sunday, but I felt like I needed a break today. I let myself sleep in today and I have felt so sluggish for it. Tomorrow I'll be back at it. Lesson learned about sleeping in! :p

I hate that. It's a treat to sleep in, but it puts me in a fog for the rest of the day. I've started setting my alarm for 8 on weekends...still sleeping in, but workout or not, I don't get that sluggish for the whole day feeling.

Sans Souci

Those are beautiful! I had found this one on another site yesterday that I really like...

Very van Gogh Stary Night and they're in Austin, so I wouldn't have to ship ashes if we wanted to drive out there. BUT...we decided that we don't want to disrupt the ashes. The urn came sealed and I don't think I want to mess with it or handle any of them directly, so whatever we do will be done with the fur still all over this house...unless we have some crazy change of heart. I still bought a tree that made me think of her and a variety of shasta daisies called 'Crazy Daisies" because she was a wild and crazy dog for quite some time. The urn pendants on the way for me and the kids can just be filled with fur.

Please share though if you wind up ordering a pendant. I'd love to see it! The look really beautiful.

Honestly, the reason I haven't ordered one is because I can't bring myself to look at the ashes, either. It's kind of embarrassing, since this year marks the 10th anniversary of his passing.

The fur in lieu of ashes sounds like a good compromise. I didn't think of doing that with my dog's fur.

Sans Souci

I hate that. It's a treat to sleep in, but it puts me in a fog for the rest of the day. I've started setting my alarm for 8 on weekends...still sleeping in, but workout or not, I don't get that sluggish for the whole day feeling.

I was always waking up early, like 3-4 AM. I'd go back to sleep and wake up at 6-7. I'd be so tired all day. Finally, I just decided to work with it. Now, I just get out of bed when I wake up, have a cup of coffee and workout. I feel like I have more energy for doing that.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did another interval yoga workout today. I am hoping to go out for a walk this afternoon. It's supposed to be 48 and it's very sunny. I love that there is a little more sunlight everyday and that it is noticeably lighter now. Some of my flowers should be poking through the dirt in a few weeks. I am also seeing buds on some trees already. 🐱

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@epcotisbest , how is everything in your neck of the woods? I wasn't sure if it was too cold for you to do outdoor barbecuing.

Up where I live, we had that bad ice storm a week ago, but roads and most sidewalks are dry now, so I took a long walk today. (I'm out walking every weekday to/from public transportation to work). But today I did an extended walk--sun was out, and it was very nice and comfortable at around 25 degrees.

HouCuseChickie

While I haven't taken a break in all of this stress and stuff, this morning was the first really solid workout I've had in a week. I did a 1.75 mile warm up on the treadmill, biked 19.04 miles on the stationary - did 10lb weights for shoulder presses, tricep presses and bicep curls during 30 min of the bike "ride" and boosted my tension for 10 minutes of quad blasting towards the end of the ride, spent about 15 min on abs with the big exercise ball, got in a decent plank off the ball for good measure, 50 squats, and 15 minutes of kettle bells...oh, and some nice stretching at the end.

And very thankful we don't have @MinnieM123 's temps. I don't think I can handle 25 anymore. :hilarious: (unless vacation is involved) We're expecting mid to upper 70s through Thursday. You're all welcome to come visit. :)

Sans Souci

While I haven't taken a break in all of this stress and stuff, this morning was the first really solid workout I've had in a week. I did a 1.75 mile warm up on the treadmill, biked 19.04 miles on the stationary - did 10lb weights for shoulder presses, tricep presses and bicep curls during 30 min of the bike "ride" and boosted my tension for 10 minutes of quad blasting towards the end of the ride, spent about 15 min on abs with the big exercise ball, got in a decent plank off the ball for good measure, 50 squats, and 15 minutes of kettle bells...oh, and some nice stretching at the end.

And very thankful we don't have @MinnieM123 's temps. I don't think I can handle 25 anymore. :hilarious: (unless vacation is involved) We're expecting mid to upper 70s through Thursday. You're all welcome to come visit. :)

That's a serious workout. I bet that burned a lot of calories. How long does that take you to complete?

When I read "quad blasting," I thought of that Progressive commercial where Flo visits her sister, Janice. She's pedaling very slowly slowly on a spin bike while taking selfies. Flo is talking to her about home owner's insurance and Janice says, "Quiet...I'm blasting my quads."

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a 30 min. lower body workout. It was pretty old school and straight forward. I am going for a walk later, since it's going to be in the low 50s. 🤩

I didn't watch the Super Bowl, but my husband did. So, I made guacamole for him and I ate my body weight in guac and tortilla chips. I was thirsty all night from it, too. I watched a few episodes of The Golden Girls, meditated, and went to sleep. I had no idea who won until I woke up this AM. My husband did come upstairs at half time to tell me what a boring game it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom