working out for Disney

Sans Souci

This is the official vid for the machine so you can see it moving...

There are also several QVC videos that may be better examples of real people testing it. I know a lot of people bought it because it was similar to the DB Method, but a third of the price.

It has three tension straps on the back. Each one is supposed to equate to about 22lbs. You can also use it without the tension, but I only did a little bit of that to get the hang of the motion in each seating position. I used to be an all out gym rat, but more into circuit than free weights. This reminds me a lot of a leg press machine with the upper body motion of a rower. The lowest seat level reminds me of frog squats, the middle more like a traditional squat, and the highest is like a mini squat that you could do in rapid succession. The counter is also accurate. Today- I could really feel it in my thighs, butt and hips...not enough to impede movement today, but enough soreness to know I got a decent workout. I can also feel it working my abs when I'm on it...especially if I concentrate and remember to keep them engaged...but no soreness there. That could change if I up the tension.

I believe this is the official name of it.. Sunny Health & Fitness Squat Assist Row-N-Ride Trainer for Squat Exercise and Glutes Workout

Thanks for posting this! I was struggling to visualize how it worked. That looks like a nice piece of equipment. I like how it folds up. My husband keeps buying gym equipment that he uses for a few months and they take up space. LOL

HouCuseChickie

Thanks for posting this! I was struggling to visualize how it worked. That looks like a nice piece of equipment. I like how it folds up. My husband keeps buying gym equipment that he uses for a few months and they take up space. LOL

I really push myself to use everything I buy.... until I kill it :in pain:. I also have a pretty crazy track record for killing equipment. My current elliptical is my 7th or 8th...and it's almost dead. I give the right leg another month before that thing has to go to the curb. At least we always have heavy trash pick up :hilarious: I've killed machines that were a few hundred dollars to several thousand...so, now I just try to find the best balance of price and good reviews.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I really push myself to use everything I buy.... until I kill it :in pain:. I also have a pretty crazy track record for killing equipment. My current elliptical is my 7th or 8th...and it's almost dead. I give the right leg another month before that thing has to go to the curb. At least we always have heavy trash pick up :hilarious: I've killed machines that were a few hundred dollars to several thousand...so, now I just try to find the best balance of price and good reviews.
Yikes the only thing I've ever killed was some AB doohickey and a bunch of yoga mats. That being said I don't buy "good" yoga mats and would rather do free weights, yoga, walking and such

HouCuseChickie

Yikes the only thing I've ever killed was some AB doohickey and a bunch of yoga mats. That being said I don't buy "good" yoga mats and would rather do free weights, yoga, walking and such

The priciest thing I've ever killed was a Bowflex Treadclimber. Thankfully, it was free. A friend of ours bought the top of the line $5k+ one when they first came out. It had a minor cosmetic issue. Instead of sending out a repairman and replacement parts...they sent her a new one and told her to keep the original because it was too pricey to pay for the return shipping. So, it became mine. Belts started shredding about 6 mos in and the motor was dead in a year. I went through a walking phase between 2014-2015. It turned into distance walking and half marathons. My feet still haven't fully forgiven me for it :eek: and I realized that the cost of going through premium joggers at that pace is on par with just having a gym in the house...so, I put in a gym (a modest one) when my feet really started to protest.

HouCuseChickie

My current workout routines involve inside things...treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical, row-squat machine, exercise balls, kettle bells, various weights of dumbbells, step bench, leg weights, poly bands, twist plate, and some barre, calisthenics and yoga concepts. There's a part of me that would like to get back outside (since we're in a more mild climate)...not exclusively, but maybe to supplement some of my weekend workouts. While I still have several pairs of good distance joggers with lots of tread life, I'm thinking about biking.

We moved to this neighborhood in 2017 and one of the big draws is that it's a forest with over 75 miles of forested greenbelt trails (paved in most places) ... some even connecting into parks with nice trails. People walk, run, skate, and bike on the trails, but having grown up biking on the roads, the narrower space of the trails makes me a bit nervous. DH loved the idea of us all having bikes for the trails, so he even treated us to them when we moved here. Only problem, I wiped out on mine going down into a tunnel (under one of the roads) and I haven't wanted to get on it since...which is sad since he bought me this beautiful Electra cruiser.

I know part of this is just getting back on the bike and riding to build up my confidence, but does anyone have any tips for riding on paved trails? Just thinking it might be nice to get over this and work it into my workouts...even if it does wind up being more casual riding.

93boomer

Premium Member
My current workout routines involve inside things...treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical, row-squat machine, exercise balls, kettle bells, various weights of dumbbells, step bench, leg weights, poly bands, twist plate, and some barre, calisthenics and yoga concepts. There's a part of me that would like to get back outside (since we're in a more mild climate)...not exclusively, but maybe to supplement some of my weekend workouts. While I still have several pairs of good distance joggers with lots of tread life, I'm thinking about biking.

We moved to this neighborhood in 2017 and one of the big draws is that it's a forest with over 75 miles of forested greenbelt trails (paved in most places) ... some even connecting into parks with nice trails. People walk, run, skate, and bike on the trails, but having grown up biking on the roads, the narrower space of the trails makes me a bit nervous. DH loved the idea of us all having bikes for the trails, so he even treated us to them when we moved here. Only problem, I wiped out on mine going down into a tunnel (under one of the roads) and I haven't wanted to get on it since...which is sad since he bought me this beautiful Electra cruiser.

I know part of this is just getting back on the bike and riding to build up my confidence, but does anyone have any tips for riding on paved trails? Just thinking it might be nice to get over this and work it into my workouts...even if it does wind up being more casual riding.
Oh I would love to bike on trails. Wish we had some nearby us but we don’t. And I am not trusting of the traffic on our road. I have to jump off the road numerous times just when I walk.
I agree that starting with a short ride and then building up will help. You do a lot of different workouts, so even just a casual ride would give you a nice workout and get you outdoors. 😉

HouCuseChickie

Oh I would love to bike on trails. Wish we had some nearby us but we don’t. And I am not trusting of the traffic on our road. I have to jump off the road numerous times just when I walk.
I agree that starting with a short ride and then building up will help. You do a lot of different workouts, so even just a casual ride would give you a nice workout and get you outdoors. 😉

Yeah...it's a great way to get away from the risks with traffic. I feel much better when I know my kids are up on the greenbelts with their bikes vs the roads. It's also a nice setting and good for nature spotting, especially with all of the little streams, brooks and lakes. Not my video...but a lot of it is like this...

I get really spooked when I encounter other bikers or people on foot. The kids and DH have mountain bikes and it's easier to go off trail to get around, but me...not so much. Well, maybe I'll have an update on this over the weekend. :)

Songbird76

I'm still basically stuck inside, the roads are clearish but it's not safe to walk:mad::bawling::brb::cautious::rolleyes::banghead: 5 miles with Leslie Sansone and I'm debating between kickboxing and yoga, working out my frustration or zenning out decisions, decisions
Sympathy like. It's not safe to walk here, either. Our street is just dangerous. Yesterday DS fell off his bike when he slipped on the snowy trattoire, and today, DH came around the corner in the car and slid too far and went up the curb. Luckily he didn't hit anything or anyone! Better to play it safe for a bit. Sorry!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Yeah...it's a great way to get away from the risks with traffic. I feel much better when I know my kids are up on the greenbelts with their bikes vs the roads. It's also a nice setting and good for nature spotting, especially with all of the little streams, brooks and lakes. Not my video...but a lot of it is like this...

I get really spooked when I encounter other bikers or people on foot. The kids and DH have mountain bikes and it's easier to go off trail to get around, but me...not so much. Well, maybe I'll have an update on this over the weekend. :)

Nice. My Dd has some greenways near them too. We always go walk when we visit them.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

My guess would be a mountain bike.

However, also gaining in popularity are those bikes with the fat tires, as they're better for grip and traction. They handle well in snow, too. Only drawback is that they're heavier, and often come in one speed only. So you'd get a really good workout from riding them.

HouCuseChickie

My guess would be a mountain bike.

However, also gaining in popularity are those bikes with the fat tires, as they're better for grip and traction. They handle well in snow, too. Only drawback is that they're heavier, and often come in one speed only. So you'd get a really good workout from riding them.

Very thankful that snow is usually a non-issue here. If it snows...the whole city pretty much shuts down. It's funny...30 degrees in January was once a pretty decent day. I've lived down here long enough that 30 degrees this morning felt like the equivalent of -10!

It's funny with the bikes though...I've seen people on the belts with cruisers, so maybe it's just me. :hilarious:

93boomer

Premium Member
Oh I hope I am not getting sick. Woke up lightheaded this morning, ears feels a bit stuffy, and not much energy. Yuck! I am just going to lie down and rest today.

HouCuseChickie

Oh I hope I am not getting sick. Woke up lightheaded this morning, ears feels a bit stuffy, and not much energy. Yuck! I am just going to lie down and rest today.

Oh no! Get some rest and fluids! Doesn't matter where you live...so much crud is floating around. I tried to keep my distance from my daughter's coach last night b/c he's the only one in his house that doesn't have strep...yet...and my coworker's son just had the flu. Ick!

Feel better :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom