working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a yoga "fusion" class this AM. It was a bit of yoga at the beginning, then lots of lower body exercises with resistance loops. It was OK. She switched bands a lot, without mentioning we might want to switch bands and she didn't tell you what exercise she was doing until she was 2-3 reps in. :facepalm: I might have said some snarky things to the TV. :cautious: :D I just don't like having my time wasted. I like to make the most out of my workout time. :)

I'm going to make myself get out into some sunlight today, even though it is chilly and windy. :cold:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I did a yoga "fusion" class this AM. It was a bit of yoga at the beginning, then lots of lower body exercises with resistance loops. It was OK. She switched bands a lot, without mentioning we might want to switch bands and she didn't tell you what exercise she was doing until she was 2-3 reps in. :facepalm: I might have said some snarky things to the TV. :cautious::D I just don't like having my time wasted. I like to make the most out of my workout time. :)

I'm going to make myself get out into some sunlight today, even though it is chilly and windy. :cold:
Me too! We can just bundle up!😉

Yes, definitely go out and enjoy the weather. The sun is a good source of Vitamin D.

Sans Souci

I started charging it on my computer using the USB port instead of plugging it into an outlet and now it works a lot better. I read on a website that you're not supposed to charge it too fast, and to use a USB port. So that's what I did and it's working!

Maybe I'll try that. Mine lasted about three days last charge. I do use the workout function on most days, so I don't know if that makes it lose charge more quickly.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Still doing yoga and still walking. :) I'm going to get out again today before this "snow event" comes in. I went to the store last night to grab a few items and you would have thought the blizzard of the century is coming. It was more crowded than the average Friday night. We are supposed to get one inch! :p

I did a lower body workout that uses resistance bands. It was OK. I'm thinking I may need to bust out my kettlebells again. I kind of miss them, but not the callouses they create on my hands. :cautious:

Songbird76

I did NOTHING today. Except go to the store. Fitzcracker says 3000 steps. :hilarious: But I really needed the break. I worked every single day this week, and between that, laundry, picking DS up from school, grocery shopping, etc, I was putting in 12 hours most days and I was feeling it. Friday morning, I only had to work 3 hours and by the end I couldn't wait to finally sit down. I don't get breaks when I work fewer than 4 hours in a day, and the problem with that is that I am up at 6 to shower and I'm already on my feet making lunches, doing laundry, etc for a couple of hours BEFORE I start work. Then I have to go straight to pick DS up, and this time, we didn't get to go straight home, we had to go get him new shoes because his toes were sticking out of his current ones. So every day this week was just....12 hours on my feet without breaks except for meals. I needed a day of doing nothing and letting my joints and muscles rest.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I did NOTHING today. Except go to the store. Fitzcracker says 3000 steps. :hilarious: But I really needed the break. I worked every single day this week, and between that, laundry, picking DS up from school, grocery shopping, etc, I was putting in 12 hours most days and I was feeling it. Friday morning, I only had to work 3 hours and by the end I couldn't wait to finally sit down. I don't get breaks when I work fewer than 4 hours in a day, and the problem with that is that I am up at 6 to shower and I'm already on my feet making lunches, doing laundry, etc for a couple of hours BEFORE I start work. Then I have to go straight to pick DS up, and this time, we didn't get to go straight home, we had to go get him new shoes because his toes were sticking out of his current ones. So every day this week was just....12 hours on my feet without breaks except for meals. I needed a day of doing nothing and letting my joints and muscles rest.

Sometimes, I think rest is as important as exercise. We need both to balance out our health.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a yin yoga class this AM, which is just holding stretches for a few minutes at a time. It is very gentle and relaxing. I probably should have done it before bed. :)

I am going to shovel the drive and sidewalks with my husband later. Not what I had planned for a relaxing Sunday, but what can I do? :p

My husband was supposed to get paid yesterday and it never landed in his account. His agency is funded through assessments of the financial institutions that they regulate, not tax revenue. Nobody told him that he wouldn't be getting paid. I do think some communication about what's going on, even if pay is going be delayed by a day or two should have happened. It's not too much to ask given the current situation. He did say other people were worried last week, because the USDA does payroll for their agency and they are not working right now. I am hoping it is just delayed, but some notification would have been nice. My husband is considered "essential," so he needs to work throughout any shut down.

Songbird76

Hello-

I did a yin yoga class this AM, which is just holding stretches for a few minutes at a time. It is very gentle and relaxing. I probably should have done it before bed. :)

I am going to shovel the drive and sidewalks with my husband later. Not what I had planned for a relaxing Sunday, but what can I do? :p

My husband was supposed to get paid yesterday and it never landed in his account. His agency is funded through assessments of the financial institutions that they regulate, not tax revenue. Nobody told him that he wouldn't be getting paid. I do think some communication about what's going on, even if pay is going be delayed by a day or two should have happened. It's not too much to ask given the current situation. He did say other people were worried last week, because the USDA does payroll for their agency and they are not working right now. I am hoping it is just delayed, but some notification would have been nice. My husband is considered "essential," so he needs to work throughout any shut down.
I'm so sorry! That's kind of odd....that he has to work, but the department that pays him doesn't.

Sans Souci

I'm so sorry! That's kind of odd....that he has to work, but the department that pays him doesn't.

He is a federal employee and I guess the department that does payroll for the agency has been furloughed? He is thinking his pay might be delayed because of the shutdown. He doesn't seem too anxious about it, he is thinking it might show up tomorrow. I hope so. 🤞🏻

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

Shoveling snow is very good exercise. :)

Now, as for your DH's pay ... :cautious: let's hope it's just delayed a bit only.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

That stinks. I hope the situation is fixed by now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom