working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Kind of excited...my new equipment to help with squats is supposed to arrive today. Hopefully, my legs won't protest when I go to test it. I 'may' :hilarious: have more than doubled my deadlift weight yesterday because I was getting a good rush. I made it through my morning workout with just some of that good ache...so I think we're good :)

What sort of equipment did you get? Are you doing a program like "Strong Lifts?"

Sans Souci

Hello-

I'm sitting under my light box right now. Then I am going to do my yoga.

I am hoping to get to the Art Museum with my husband today, but it looks like it snowed. It's still dark, so I can't tell how much it is. Then my husband and I are going out for Indian food after that. :hungry: I guess this is the first round of snow and another system is coming in later this weekend. Ugh. :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I am hoping to get to the Art Museum with my husband today, but it looks like it snowed. It's still dark, so I can't tell how much it is. Then my husband and I are going out for Indian food after that. :hungry: I guess this is the first round of snow and another system is coming in later this weekend. Ugh. :p

I'm looking forward to the snow. Since we're in the working out thread, you can get a great work-out by shoveling snow, you know! :happy:

HouCuseChickie

What sort of equipment did you get? Are you doing a program like "Strong Lifts?"

It's sort of a rower meets squat machine. It's the one in the middle along the wall...

39818332973_2611d8927f_z.jpg

It's supposed to work a bit of everything by changing the seat and arm positions and playing with the tension, but also reduce knee strain you get during traditional squats and promote proper form.

Not doing any programs. Just trying to follow whatever gets me motivated at the time. I made some changes about 6.5 months ago in both diet and exercise and it's been pretty successful so far, but I keep adding things and changing stuff up to keep it fresh.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Kind of excited...my new equipment to help with squats is supposed to arrive today. Hopefully, my legs won't protest when I go to test it. I 'may' :hilarious: have more than doubled my deadlift weight yesterday because I was getting a good rush. I made it through my morning workout with just some of that good ache...so I think we're good :)
It's sort of a rower meets squat machine. It's the one in the middle along the wall...

It's supposed to work a bit of everything by changing the seat and arm positions and playing with the tension, but also reduce knee strain you get during traditional squats and promote proper form.

Not doing any programs. Just trying to follow whatever gets me motivated at the time. I made some changes about 6.5 months ago in both diet and exercise and it's been pretty successful so far, but I keep adding things and changing stuff up to keep it fresh.
Congrats, enjoy but don't over do.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

Stay safe and I hope you don't get any ice down there!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I spent most of the day cooking and making sure the laundry is caught up just in case we lose power. As of now it should be all snow up here but I'm wayyyyy to close to the ice line to take chances. Some how I managed 5 Leslie Sansone miles and down loaded some yoga to my tablet just in case. Everybody stay safe!

Sans Souci

OK- I have questions. ;) What's it called? Do you use it with weights or is it tension based? I am looking at it, trying to figure out how to use it! LOL

I need to mix it up, too. I do mostly yoga, but some days I feel like a kettle bell workout or free weights and I do that.

Sans Souci

I spent most of the day cooking and making sure the laundry is caught up just in case we lose power. As of now it should be all snow up here but I'm wayyyyy to close to the ice line to take chances. Some how I managed 5 Leslie Sansone miles and down loaded some yoga to my tablet just in case. Everybody stay safe!

You stay safe, too.

I grabbed some stuff in case our power goes out, too. We're not getting snow the last time I looked, but rain...with a rapid freeze up. It's going to be 45 for a high tomorrow with 5 for a low. That's quite a temperature spread for a single day.

Sans Souci

Hello-

More yoga and a walk today. :p I need to get out today, since tomorrow looks like loads of rain.

I went to the Art Museum and it was nice and empty. LOL They had an exhibit about fashion/couture. I wasn't interested, but it was included in my membership, so I thought,"Why not?" It was a fun diversion. Different dresses, shoes, accessories were on display. They had Grace Kelly's wedding dress and accessories on display. She donated them to the Art Museum after she got married and they display them infrequently. Her dress is very fragile.

I always forget I am in Philadelphia when I am in this museum. The employees are so nice! Then you get back into your car and into traffic and you are jarred back into reality. :hilarious:

It was a fun day followed up with a tasty Indian buffet lunch. I went up twice for dessert. No regrets! :hungry:

HouCuseChickie

OK- I have questions. ;) What's it called? Do you use it with weights or is it tension based? I am looking at it, trying to figure out how to use it! LOL

I need to mix it up, too. I do mostly yoga, but some days I feel like a kettle bell workout or free weights and I do that.

This is the official vid for the machine so you can see it moving...

There are also several QVC videos that may be better examples of real people testing it. I know a lot of people bought it because it was similar to the DB Method, but a third of the price.

It has three tension straps on the back. Each one is supposed to equate to about 22lbs. You can also use it without the tension, but I only did a little bit of that to get the hang of the motion in each seating position. I used to be an all out gym rat, but more into circuit than free weights. This reminds me a lot of a leg press machine with the upper body motion of a rower. The lowest seat level reminds me of frog squats, the middle more like a traditional squat, and the highest is like a mini squat that you could do in rapid succession. The counter is also accurate. Today- I could really feel it in my thighs, butt and hips...not enough to impede movement today, but enough soreness to know I got a decent workout. I can also feel it working my abs when I'm on it...especially if I concentrate and remember to keep them engaged...but no soreness there. That could change if I up the tension.

I believe this is the official name of it.. Sunny Health & Fitness Squat Assist Row-N-Ride Trainer for Squat Exercise and Glutes Workout

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This is the official vid for the machine so you can see it moving...

There are also several QVC videos that may be better examples of real people testing it. I know a lot of people bought it because it was similar to the DB Method, but a third of the price.

It has three tension straps on the back. Each one is supposed to equate to about 22lbs. You can also use it without the tension, but I only did a little bit of that to get the hang of the motion in each seating position. I used to be an all out gym rat, but more into circuit than free weights. This reminds me a lot of a leg press machine with the upper body motion of a rower. The lowest seat level reminds me of frog squats, the middle more like a traditional squat, and the highest is like a mini squat that you could do in rapid succession. The counter is also accurate. Today- I could really feel it in my thighs, butt and hips...not enough to impede movement today, but enough soreness to know I got a decent workout. I can also feel it working my abs when I'm on it...especially if I concentrate and remember to keep them engaged...but no soreness there. That could change if I up the tension.

I believe this is the official name of it.. Sunny Health & Fitness Squat Assist Row-N-Ride Trainer for Squat Exercise and Glutes Workout

Not bad for a $100 price range.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom