working out for Disney

epcotisbest

Hey, everybody! I got a work out first thing this morning. I went to let the dog out, and the snow drifted up against the back door. About 6 inches shoveled (not including some higher drifts), and it keeps coming. (I am so ready for tis to stop). At this rate, I should be shoveling again soon.
This was about it for our snow event last week. There was a couple of inches. It shut down Atlanta, but we were north of all the chaos.

IMG_8740.JPG

epcotisbest

While I am posting photos, here is breakfast this morning. I could not sleep and got up early. Restless and already sick of the morning news, I decided to make breakfast. I took a pic because the frittata turned out so good. Silly I know. Low carb except for the grapes and pita crisps. And no, this was not just for me. We shared this plate and there was a little left over for lunch. This time last year I would have been grabbing a couple (or three) jelly doughnuts with a big ole Mtn. Dew and maybe a sausage biscuit with hash browns on the side. I know the ham is probably freakin' out figgy. Forgive me?
IMG_8770.JPG

epcotisbest

Somehow, your snow looks pretty. Ours doesn't melt. I'll have to take some pictures, and post them. It's crazy, and I don't know how Northern Minnesotans and Michigan Yoopers do it.
Yeah, see here in the south, even a little snow freaks us out, but it is gone in a day or two, sometimes the same day. We have no evidence left there was even any snow last week, except maybe banged up fenders. All on the ground was gone quickly. Watching the weather on TV it looks like the midwest and northeast are getting it again today. I like to get outside and if I lived up there, guess I would never get any exercise except indoors. This has been an unusually cold winter here and we have used about twice the normal amount of propane for heat. So I suppose up north, like here only multiplied, the harsh winter affects morale and pocketbooks.

MouseDreaming

Yeah, see here in the south, even a little snow freaks us out, but it is gone in a day or two, sometimes the same day. Watching the weather on TV it looks like the midwest and northeast are getting it again today. I like to get outside and if I lived up there, guess I would never get any exercise except indoors. This has been an unusually cold winter here and we have used about twice the normal amount of propane for heat. So I suppose up north, like here only multiplied, the harsh winter affects morale and pocketbooks.
You've nailed it! Although, this winter has been so cold the kids don't even want to go out and play in it.
I just posted a pic of the backyard in the Too Cold thread. That is a regular size patio table, and yes, it is almost under snow. I just hope there is a spectacular spring planned after all of this, to make it seem worthwhile.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
At
Hey, everybody! I got a work out first thing this morning. I went to let the dog out, and the snow drifted up against the back door. About 6 inches shoveled (not including some higher drifts), and it keeps coming. (I am so ready for tis to stop). At this rate, I should be shoveling again soon.
least you're working out!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning! HA!! At least I got 5 indoor miles in. Rant over, Berry, banana, protein shake for breakfast, assorted veggies and beans for lunch and for dinner cabbage "steak" with brown rice. I'm heading out to finish the shoveling later!:mad: Stay warm and safe and keep moving !xoxo

Sans Souci

Hello,

Just keeping warm and checking in with workout called Tonique Born to Move. It was an hour and 15 minutes squats and lunges with some burpees, planks and push up thrown in for good measure. I have a love/hate for the Tonique Method. It gets my heart rate up with minimal impact, but my gosh, it's incredibly boring and torturous. It doesn't help that she can't count and is uneven with reps on legs. Boo.

Anyway, tomorrow is Friday and that is a good thing. :)

Sans Souci

While I am posting photos, here is breakfast this morning. I could not sleep and got up early. Restless and already sick of the morning news, I decided to make breakfast. I took a pic because the frittata turned out so good. Silly I know. Low carb except for the grapes and pita crisps. And no, this was not just for me. We shared this plate and there was a little left over for lunch. This time last year I would have been grabbing a couple (or three) jelly doughnuts with a big ole Mtn. Dew and maybe a sausage biscuit with hash browns on the side. I know the ham is probably freakin' out figgy. Forgive me?
View attachment 45340

I meant to ask you what is in this frittata? I usually make myself a two egg omelette with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light and some salsa for breakfast and I am bit burnt out on that. I am always looking for new ways with eggs.

Thanks. :)

epcotisbest

I meant to ask you what is in this frittata? I usually make myself a two egg omelette with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light and some salsa for breakfast and I am bit burnt out on that. I am always looking for new ways with eggs.

Thanks. :)
It has onions, jalapeño, ham, grated cheddar and sour cream, sometimes mushrooms but not this time. I sauté the onions and peppers in butter, toss in chopped ham then whip three eggs with a dollop of sour cream and black pepper. I pour the eggs into the pan with the other ingredients, add the cheese, let it set up on medium low heat, lifting on the sides to let the eggs get to the bottom, then I finish it under the broiler of the little toaster oven because I like for the top of the frittata to be firmly set. Probably more than you wanted to know but I like making breakfast. Another good choice is to use pulled pork bbq in place of the ham...yummy. Of course, I like to top it with hot sauce or salsa. I am type two diabetic and have to watch the carbs intake and this tastes great and is low carb. Unfortunately it is hardly low calorie. Give it a try and let me know what you think. My wife says I use too many onions and peppers, but the amount is easily adjusted to taste. Bell peppers also work as a substitute for, or addition to the jalapeño.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Hi guys!! Finally checking in! I am doing well! Been remodeling the kitchen which will take awhile! Starting from scratch!!
Still walking my 4 miles and doing weights but have added Richard Simmons tone and sweat to my workout schedule. Bought a new dance one yesterday to try today!
Everyone have a safe, warm active weekend!!
@epcotisbest glad to see you again! Your snow pics are beautiful!:)

Mr_Incredible

Hope you all have room for more! My DW and I have let ourselves go a bit during these winter months in North Carolina, and we want to (scratch that, we ARE) getting back into working out. We used to go almost daily to the YMCA but we upgraded housing and had to allocate the gym membership funds elsewhere.

We are going to get motivated so we can be in good shape for our big Disney trip in late October!!!! Hope to post some updates soon!

epcotisbest

Hi guys!! Finally checking in! I am doing well! Been remodeling the kitchen which will take awhile! Starting from scratch!!
Still walking my 4 miles and doing weights but have added Richard Simmons tone and sweat to my workout schedule. Bought a new dance one yesterday to try today!
Everyone have a safe, warm active weekend!!
@epcotisbest glad to see you again! Your snow pics are beautiful!:)
Remodeling is a big job. Hope it goes well. It is in the 50s today, snow a distant memory!

epcotisbest

Hope you all have room for more! My DW and I have let ourselves go a bit during these winter months in North Carolina, and we want to (scratch that, we ARE) getting back into working out. We used to go almost daily to the YMCA but we upgraded housing and had to allocate the gym membership funds elsewhere.

We are going to get motivated so we can be in good shape for our big Disney trip in late October!!!! Hope to post some updates soon!
Making the decision to get motivated is a great decision to make. Good luck, looking forward to the updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom