working out for Disney

Songbird76

Good morning.

I did a full body workout out. My sinuses are acting up today, so I am not feeling 100%. I might try to get out for a walk, but honestly, I have post nasal drip and pressure behind my eye. I'll take some ibuprofen and see if it improves those things.

My son is hell bent on befriending this cat that we feed. He now sits outside about 5' away on patio furniture while she's eating. He also tosses her treats while he is sitting there. I have been telling him that this is probably the most he can expect from her. He is talking about building her a house for the colder weather. I am just glad she's spayed. I am certain she lives in our yard and the small piece of land next to us. I keep seeing her lurking around in the yard and slinking into the wooded area next to us.
You never know...she may warm up to him. There's a Youtube channel that E watches about this American woman who married a Japanese guy and they live in Japan and they have 4 cats now that they've "Rescued". Their latest one was a street cat with a messed up eye and she took ages to finally trap and get into the vet. She was initially very very skiddish, but she's a lot better now. Still more standoffish than the others, but they can actually pet her now and such.

Sorry about the sinuses...are they allergy related? I'm thinking I want to ask my doctor about allergy pills if we do make it to the states. We're going to be in a lot of nature places with plants and whatnot and my OTC pills are not cutting it this summer. I can only imagine what's going to happen when we're surrounded by wild flowers and weeds.

Songbird76

That would be really nice if you could make it to London. It's really too bad that they won't let people just pick a week or timeframe when it comes to jury duty.
What I don't understand about Jury duty is that some people get selected as soon as they are eligible again, and some never get picked at all. And you know there's probably someone somewhere thinking "Why couldn't I have been picked for THAT week?" when you wish you were picked for theirs. Why don't they do a registry system just like they do with voting, or military? Everyone of proper age without a cognitive disability gets thrown into a jury pool and then create an algorithm to choose the best jurors for each case. They could ask basic background questions on the registry to help so people wouldn't get dismissed for things once they showed up. It just wouldn't pick them, if, say they had had been in an accident with a drunk driver who hit them...they wouldn't be selected for a jury in such a case. And because the overall pool is larger, there'd be fewer repetitions...you'd be less likely, statistically, to be chosen again.

Sans Souci

Everything from the sting still wasn't feeling right yesterday, so I took some Benadryl and took another break day. While still a bit itchy, the pain, redness and heat around the sting area is really improving. I'm hoping to make it to the gym today since I'm starting to feel like a bit of a slug 😂

I'm also hoping we're seeing an end to this wasp situation...at least in the driveway. The older one and I went out to pick up her other antibiotics yesterday (thinking she won't need them) and popped into the store for some odds and ends as well as a new can of wasp spray. Good thing I got the spray, because when I got home, my husband was setting up to dismantle the gate post where the wasps seemed to be congregating. I'm not sure why he thought this was a good idea when we were out of spray, but at least I got home in time. Upon removing the top cap to the post, he found a large nest inside of the metal post. He sprayed the nest and got one that was perched on top of the nest; however, I question if he sprayed it enough. When I'm taking out a wasp nest, I drown that thing in poison. When I got up this morning, I found a wasp sitting where they always do. I killed it and haven't seen any since, but I suspect he wasn't aggressive enough with his spraying.

Dude, I'd get like 5 cans and saturate the thing. There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to wasps.

A few years ago, I was looking into bee keeping and I was watching a man's YouTube channel to learn more about it. He was having issues with wasps trying to get into his hives and he found the nest. He went in with a freaking blow torch burned it to crisp. Wasps were pelting his phone, trying to attack it. When he burned it down, there were still some foragers trying to return. But he left it alone. The next morning, the foragers that were gone during the nest burning were back, trying to rebuild. Plus, there were still a few larvae that survived still in their cells. It's like these little jerks are indestructible.

Sans Souci

You never know...she may warm up to him. There's a Youtube channel that E watches about this American woman who married a Japanese guy and they live in Japan and they have 4 cats now that they've "Rescued". Their latest one was a street cat with a messed up eye and she took ages to finally trap and get into the vet. She was initially very very skiddish, but she's a lot better now. Still more standoffish than the others, but they can actually pet her now and such.

Sorry about the sinuses...are they allergy related? I'm thinking I want to ask my doctor about allergy pills if we do make it to the states. We're going to be in a lot of nature places with plants and whatnot and my OTC pills are not cutting it this summer. I can only imagine what's going to happen when we're surrounded by wild flowers and weeds.
The weather changed yesterday, it became rainy/stormy, so I think the pressure change messed with sinuses/ears.

I think I know the channel you're talking about! I have watched it now and then, but I can't quite remember the name. I think it's like Jun something.

I am allergic to cats and as sweet as she seems, I am not sure she could live with us. I would have to ask my doctor what he thought and what my options are. She is definitely getting more comfortable with my son though. I am glad she came along, though. He was spending all day in his room with the curtains drawn. He won't fill the scrip for antidepressants his doctor gave to him. So, at least now he comes out at regular intervals to look for her. He calls her "Callie" because she is a Calico. :hilarious:

Sans Souci

Nope, other side. Which is probably why, though....with the hip, I couldn't walk normally, so I had to put more weight on the other side. I'm betting the 2 are linked. My job definitely puts me at risk for it. I know I'm not the first to have foot issues there.
I did some googling at seems that the treatments are conservative for the most part, so that is good, at least. Will your job let you take time off to rest your foot so it can heal?

One thing pulls everything else out of alignment. One side of my hip is tilted to the side, so one leg is "longer" than the other. I can tell it's messing with my right knee cap. It sometimes feels like the ligaments around my knee cap are pulling the knee cap out to the side. One side of my ribcage sticks out more than the other, too. I know I should get it sorted, but it feels like it is such a big issue to correct. It's a bit overwhelming for me to think about. It hasn't affected my mobility, though. I can't do certain thing like sitting "criss cross" (FKA "Indian-style") on the floor and pigeon pose on that side with my kneecap, but everything else is fine.

Sans Souci

Good morning

Checking in with a full body tabata workout. I am not sure how I feel about this challenge. It is very "leggy" and I have short legs, so it doesn't take much for my legs to look bulky. :hilarious: I think it could been my mind, though, because nothing ever gets tight or requires me to go up a size.

I heard back from my exemption. I don't know what I answered, but I triggered a medical exemption.I got an email this AM asking me to provide a note from a licensed physician why I can't serve and for how long. I thought I was asking for them to put it off. The portal to request these things hasn't been updated since 2002, by the looks of it. Anyway, I am just going to tell them I am totally free at the end of September. They can do what they wish. If I can't go to London, I can't go. That's life. I personally think it's pretty ballsy to tell people when and where to show up without their input, but that's just me.

Anyway, I am hoping to walk today. I ended up taking an Advil yesterday and taking it easy. I decided to listen to my body and give it a break. I felt better for it, too. :)

Also, here is something funny for the cat & dog people here:

HouCuseChickie

You never know...she may warm up to him.
I am allergic to cats and as sweet as she seems, I am not sure she could live with us. I would have to ask my doctor what he thought and what my options are. She is definitely getting more comfortable with my son though. I am glad she came along, though. He was spending all day in his room with the curtains drawn. He won't fill the scrip for antidepressants his doctor gave to him. So, at least now he comes out at regular intervals to look for her. He calls her "Callie" because she is a Calico. :hilarious:

I think @Songbird76 is on to something. The more positive interaction he has with her, the more comfortable she's going to get coming around. My friend that is all about working with feral cats seems to use similar methods to gain their trust. It definitely sounds like it's having a positive impact on his well-being, so it may be worth a chat with the dr. While it took several years of regular allergy shots, I went from being highly allergic to cats to barely having any reactions. Of course, the cocktail in the shots wasn't just for cats. We are not cat people, and if I could pick an allergy for the immunotherapy to successfully suppress...it wouldn't have been my first choice. 😂

HouCuseChickie

What I don't understand about Jury duty is that some people get selected as soon as they are eligible again, and some never get picked at all. And you know there's probably someone somewhere thinking "Why couldn't I have been picked for THAT week?" when you wish you were picked for theirs. Why don't they do a registry system just like they do with voting, or military? Everyone of proper age without a cognitive disability gets thrown into a jury pool and then create an algorithm to choose the best jurors for each case. They could ask basic background questions on the registry to help so people wouldn't get dismissed for things once they showed up. It just wouldn't pick them, if, say they had had been in an accident with a drunk driver who hit them...they wouldn't be selected for a jury in such a case. And because the overall pool is larger, there'd be fewer repetitions...you'd be less likely, statistically, to be chosen again.

Yes! I can't remember the last time my husband was summoned. There are a lot of approaches to jury selection that would be more logical, but I'm sure someone would say that an overhaul would be too costly and that certain approaches are a violation of this or that. I will say that the experience usually serves as a reminder that I'm one of the lucky ones. I have an employer that will continue to pay me in full during my jury service, I have my own transportation so I'm not scrambling to manage public transportation from way out here in the distant burbs, and I have proper attire. During our break, I met at least one or two people who had challenges in these areas. So, I guess it puts a silver lining on being there.

HouCuseChickie

Dude, I'd get like 5 cans and saturate the thing. There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to wasps.

A few years ago, I was looking into bee keeping and I was watching a man's YouTube channel to learn more about it. He was having issues with wasps trying to get into his hives and he found the nest. He went in with a freaking blow torch burned it to crisp. Wasps were pelting his phone, trying to attack it. When he burned it down, there were still some foragers trying to return. But he left it alone. The next morning, the foragers that were gone during the nest burning were back, trying to rebuild. Plus, there were still a few larvae that survived still in their cells. It's like these little jerks are indestructible.

If I didn't think I'd torch the fence, trees, and the neighbor's house...this would be me. I'm usually the one that spots nests. My husband is sort of blind to this stuff. I like to drown the nest in poison, but the few times he's watched me, he mocks me and thinks it's overkill.

200.gif

And now you have me thinking that there are probably larvae out there in the lamp post that likely survived his weak spraying. I have absolutely no proof of this, but the way he sprayed that nest reminded me of those goofy baking shows where the inexperienced baker barely sprays the cake pan and her cake sticks. Hey, it's the best comparison I've got 😂 I'm sure that's ridiculously frustrating for a beekeeper. Bees already have enough challenges these days without having to contend with wasps.

HouCuseChickie

Well, I never made it to the gym yesterday. My wrist still had some pain and there was a lot of itchiness. There's also the exhaustion from playing nurse. The younger one is pretty good, even though she's in a huge boot, but I still fetch things for her here and there so she's not going up and down the stairs. With the new piercings, I'm also on ear wound care duty for her twice a day. The older one is the bigger challenge, since her meds are every 8 hours. I didn't think about this when I gave her the first dose (just wanted to start treating her), but one of her doses falls before dawn. So, I'm getting up a couple of hours early just to get her that pill as well as redressing the infection site 3x a day. I know some might say just to push one of her doses up or back, but after my infection hospitalization and seeing the timing of my meds, I'm going to follow the hour-based instructions to a T.

I'm hoping to get to the gym tonight, but I also really need to start packing. We start our drive to CO early Saturday morning and I have a million things to do before we go. We need to make it to Raton, NM by night 1. The drive through TX is not exactly exciting, so I'm hoping to knock out as much of the dull drive as possible on day 1 so that we can enjoy a bit on day 2. Raton is only about 6.5 miles from the CO border and will take us into CO along I25, which is far more scenic than the alternative which takes us in through the prairies and farmland. Capulin Volcano National Monument is only about 30 minutes from Raton (on the way into town). It's a long drive from home, but if we can make it before sundown, we might be able to pop in before going to our hotel for the night. We gain an hour once we cross the NM border, so it might work. Day 2 should be a much more enjoyable drive. Only 4-4.5 hours to where we need to be for the night, no commitments for the day either...so hopefully we can stop in Colorado Springs for a while to see Garden of the Gods and/or Pikes Peak. Which reminds me...I need to go switch out the laundry.

Songbird76

The weather changed yesterday, it became rainy/stormy, so I think the pressure change messed with sinuses/ears.

I think I know the channel you're talking about! I have watched it now and then, but I can't quite remember the name. I think it's like Jun something.

Yes, the youtube channel is Rachel and Jun. I think they actually have a new one, now....Rachel and Jun's adventures. They had a house built and I guess in Japan, they are very cat-friendly. It's super hard to adopt one via the proper channels because you have to prove you'll be a good cat parent, and people choose who they want to adopt their cats. Like, if someone is elderly and can't take care of their cat, they put it up for adoption and they do interviews and everything, and I guess because Rachel isn't Japanese, that's a huge thing and people won't trust her. So they basically just rescue streetcats. But they built their house specifically for the cats. There are literal cat walks along the ceilings and such, built into the house. And little places for them to sleep, etc. They have a big picture window overlooking an orchard just so the cats can watch birds.

That's so sweet that your son is so invested in Callie. It sounds like she's kind of like therapy for him. How about dogs? Are you allergic to dogs? Would that be an option for him to get a pet that he can bond with and take care of? It sounds like that's helping his depression.

Songbird76

I did some googling at seems that the treatments are conservative for the most part, so that is good, at least. Will your job let you take time off to rest your foot so it can heal?

One thing pulls everything else out of alignment. One side of my hip is tilted to the side, so one leg is "longer" than the other. I can tell it's messing with my right knee cap. It sometimes feels like the ligaments around my knee cap are pulling the knee cap out to the side. One side of my ribcage sticks out more than the other, too. I know I should get it sorted, but it feels like it is such a big issue to correct. It's a bit overwhelming for me to think about. It hasn't affected my mobility, though. I can't do certain thing like sitting "criss cross" (FKA "Indian-style") on the floor and pigeon pose on that side with my kneecap, but everything else is fine.
Yeah, that's the thing...I'm thinking maybe with a doctor's note, they'd at least find me something to do that didn't require as much walking. I think they'd be required by law because I have a full contract now, not a temporary one. I'm sure they'd give me the time off, too, but I'm NOT sure if I'd get paid. I'm a zero hour employee...I have no set hours and no minimum I have to meet. I know if I call in sick, they have to pay me if I was scheduled, but I think they only do that for the first 3 days and then it's done. So I don't want to actually take time off if I can help it. But something where I'm not walking as much would help.

I have had a couple of times that my knee has hurt, but mostly only when I'm biking. Walking doesn't bother it. But I can't sit "criss cross" either, or not for long, because the weight of my leg resting on the heel really hurts. My knees are fine, but the heel starts to ache.

When you say one side of your ribcage sticks out more, what do you mean by that? I went to the doctor a few years ago and had a mammogram done even because under my left breast, there's a sort of lump in the ribcage. I feel it when I shower, but my doctor couldn't see it or feel it. But I had my husband stand behind me to feel, so his hands would be positioned just like mine are, and he went "Woah!!" so it's very noticeable from that angle, but not from the front I guess. Anyway, the mammogram showed nothing, but how could it if it's in the ribcage? So when you said that, I wondered if that's the same kind of a thing.

Songbird76

If I didn't think I'd torch the fence, trees, and the neighbor's house...this would be me. I'm usually the one that spots nests. My husband is sort of blind to this stuff. I like to drown the nest in poison, but the few times he's watched me, he mocks me and thinks it's overkill.

200.gif

And now you have me thinking that there are probably larvae out there in the lamp post that likely survived his weak spraying. I have absolutely no proof of this, but the way he sprayed that nest reminded me of those goofy baking shows where the inexperienced baker barely sprays the cake pan and her cake sticks. Hey, it's the best comparison I've got 😂 I'm sure that's ridiculously frustrating for a beekeeper. Bees already have enough challenges these days without having to contend with wasps.
Maybe get an extra can of spray, wait until your husband is gone, and really go at it. If he doesn't see you do it, he'll never know. Or I'm assuming he won't...my husband seems to think the laundry fairy is responsible for cleaning his clothes or something. If he doesn't see something done, he has no idea that I did it. Like him wanting to get rid of all my baking supplies because "We never use these." I said I use them frequently, and he challenges me. "When was the last time you used ANYTHING on this shelf?" Um...last week! "Really? I NEVER see you use this stuff." Yes, because you are at work during the day, and I do my baking during the day because I work in the evening. Perhaps you are just not in a position to know what gets done when you aren't here to see it. So if your husband is anything like mine, he'll never question it...you might find a bunch of larvae or whatever, you drown the suckers, and then let hubby think he did such a good job that he took care of the problem.

HouCuseChickie

Maybe get an extra can of spray, wait until your husband is gone, and really go at it. If he doesn't see you do it, he'll never know. Or I'm assuming he won't...my husband seems to think the laundry fairy is responsible for cleaning his clothes or something. If he doesn't see something done, he has no idea that I did it. Like him wanting to get rid of all my baking supplies because "We never use these." I said I use them frequently, and he challenges me. "When was the last time you used ANYTHING on this shelf?" Um...last week! "Really? I NEVER see you use this stuff." Yes, because you are at work during the day, and I do my baking during the day because I work in the evening. Perhaps you are just not in a position to know what gets done when you aren't here to see it. So if your husband is anything like mine, he'll never question it...you might find a bunch of larvae or whatever, you drown the suckers, and then let hubby think he did such a good job that he took care of the problem.

I know the "you never use this" argument all too well. Now, if I leave it dirty just sitting on the counter, it'll get noticed. Granted, it'll take several days before any one of us gets irritated that dirty stuff is sitting up there, but it's essentially leaving evidence of use. He knows better than to mess with any of my baking stuff. Although, he does regularly point out that I never use the immersion blender he got me several years back. I know what his reaction will be if I start freaking out about the wasps. It'll be something along the lines of, "Fine! You get up there, open up the post and do it your way!" Like his work isn't being appreciated. It's been good so far and I have so much to do that I'm just going to take a wait and see approach.

Sans Souci

Well, I never made it to the gym yesterday. My wrist still had some pain and there was a lot of itchiness. There's also the exhaustion from playing nurse. The younger one is pretty good, even though she's in a huge boot, but I still fetch things for her here and there so she's not going up and down the stairs. With the new piercings, I'm also on ear wound care duty for her twice a day. The older one is the bigger challenge, since her meds are every 8 hours. I didn't think about this when I gave her the first dose (just wanted to start treating her), but one of her doses falls before dawn. So, I'm getting up a couple of hours early just to get her that pill as well as redressing the infection site 3x a day. I know some might say just to push one of her doses up or back, but after my infection hospitalization and seeing the timing of my meds, I'm going to follow the hour-based instructions to a T.

I'm hoping to get to the gym tonight, but I also really need to start packing. We start our drive to CO early Saturday morning and I have a million things to do before we go. We need to make it to Raton, NM by night 1. The drive through TX is not exactly exciting, so I'm hoping to knock out as much of the dull drive as possible on day 1 so that we can enjoy a bit on day 2. Raton is only about 6.5 miles from the CO border and will take us into CO along I25, which is far more scenic than the alternative which takes us in through the prairies and farmland. Capulin Volcano National Monument is only about 30 minutes from Raton (on the way into town). It's a long drive from home, but if we can make it before sundown, we might be able to pop in before going to our hotel for the night. We gain an hour once we cross the NM border, so it might work. Day 2 should be a much more enjoyable drive. Only 4-4.5 hours to where we need to be for the night, no commitments for the day either...so hopefully we can stop in Colorado Springs for a while to see Garden of the Gods and/or Pikes Peak. Which reminds me...I need to go switch out the laundry.

I hope you guys have a great time and I am looking forward to reading your TR! :)

Sans Souci

Yeah, that's the thing...I'm thinking maybe with a doctor's note, they'd at least find me something to do that didn't require as much walking. I think they'd be required by law because I have a full contract now, not a temporary one. I'm sure they'd give me the time off, too, but I'm NOT sure if I'd get paid. I'm a zero hour employee...I have no set hours and no minimum I have to meet. I know if I call in sick, they have to pay me if I was scheduled, but I think they only do that for the first 3 days and then it's done. So I don't want to actually take time off if I can help it. But something where I'm not walking as much would help.

I have had a couple of times that my knee has hurt, but mostly only when I'm biking. Walking doesn't bother it. But I can't sit "criss cross" either, or not for long, because the weight of my leg resting on the heel really hurts. My knees are fine, but the heel starts to ache.

When you say one side of your ribcage sticks out more, what do you mean by that? I went to the doctor a few years ago and had a mammogram done even because under my left breast, there's a sort of lump in the ribcage. I feel it when I shower, but my doctor couldn't see it or feel it. But I had my husband stand behind me to feel, so his hands would be positioned just like mine are, and he went "Woah!!" so it's very noticeable from that angle, but not from the front I guess. Anyway, the mammogram showed nothing, but how could it if it's in the ribcage? So when you said that, I wondered if that's the same kind of a thing.

I am not a doctor (obviously), but probably a stretch of time off your feet would help treat your PF. Do they have any clerical positions you could do temporarily?

I only noticed my ribcage when I was doing yoga. I looked down when I was in this pose that made me arch my torso forward and one side of my ribcage was more prominent than the other. They weren't both even with each other, if that makes any sense. I wonder if the lump you're feeling is your ribcage?

Sans Souci

Yes, the youtube channel is Rachel and Jun. I think they actually have a new one, now....Rachel and Jun's adventures. They had a house built and I guess in Japan, they are very cat-friendly. It's super hard to adopt one via the proper channels because you have to prove you'll be a good cat parent, and people choose who they want to adopt their cats. Like, if someone is elderly and can't take care of their cat, they put it up for adoption and they do interviews and everything, and I guess because Rachel isn't Japanese, that's a huge thing and people won't trust her. So they basically just rescue streetcats. But they built their house specifically for the cats. There are literal cat walks along the ceilings and such, built into the house. And little places for them to sleep, etc. They have a big picture window overlooking an orchard just so the cats can watch birds.

That's so sweet that your son is so invested in Callie. It sounds like she's kind of like therapy for him. How about dogs? Are you allergic to dogs? Would that be an option for him to get a pet that he can bond with and take care of? It sounds like that's helping his depression.

I think its a bit weird they won't let her adopt cats because she is American. People here treat their cats like family, like most people in developed nations do. That's sounds like a really thoughtful house they've made for their cats.

He actually got her to take a treat from his hand yesterday. She seems a little more comfortable around the three of us, probably because we all say hello to her when we see her. :hilarious: My son does want a dog, but I am reluctant. I will likely be the one walking it at 6 AM in January, plus I had a really hard time when our last dog had to be put down. It tore my heart out and it took a while for me to get over it. My husband said "Oh, you're up so early, anyway." Yes. I am up early, enjoying a hot cup of coffee in my cozy house, not bundling up like I am going on an expedition to climb Mount Everest.

Sans Souci

200.gif

This is that crazy pants video I was telling you about. He wasn't using a blow torch, it was a flame thrower. 😲

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am checking in with a workout that a full body workout made up of five 2 exercise circuits. It was ok, it didn't rock my world, but it got the job done.✔️

I also went for a walk while it was still a bit cool outside. It was sunny today and I didn't have to worry about getting caught in the rain--a nice change of pace. I also went alone. I really enjoyed being able to listen to my music and not have my husband download his work frustrations to me. I wouldn't mind it here and there, but he does it a lot. I start feeling like that is all I am, just a vessel for him to pour his work frustrations.

Anyway, it's a Friday in June, which is always the best type of Friday for me, because I like sitting outside after dinner in my yard to enjoy the warm evening. ♥️

HouCuseChickie

This is that crazy pants video I was telling you about. He wasn't using a blow torch, it was a flame thrower. 😲

I'm not sure which amazes me more...the resilience and aggressiveness of these hornets or the artistry he put into making this video. It also gave me a flashback to my paternal grandparents' house. I'm not sure how it came to be, but they had an abandoned hornet nest like this in one of the bedrooms. It was attached to a branch and just hung from a corner along the wall. My aunt (a lot younger than my dad and still living with my grandparents when I was a young kid) would sometimes joke like hornets were about to come flying out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom