working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I swear...when it rains it pours!

I can't recall if I mentioned that David's brand new truck from the tree totaling incident has a check engine light issue. It came on shortly after he bought the truck. He took it in, they found nothing wrong, but it came back on a day later. They've now got him in a loaner, but it's a little Jeep that can't be used for more than puttering around town. He has to take it in every 5 days just to prove he still has it and it's OK. This morning was his second or third check in. Based on the short period of time he was there and his lack of call, I expect him to be returning with the electric blue mini Jeep. My vehicle is also still in the shop for repairs. We are praying that I get it back today or tomorrow since we need to head to Colorado on Wednesday. My insurance rental is a minivan, which I'm allowed to take a distance and only has telephone check ins every 5 days. We wound up having to take it up to Oklahoma this past week for K's orientation and softball for Sam. Fingers crossed that I get some good news today on my vehicle being ready. EDIT- UGH!!! I cannot win! They said today or tomorrow. It turns out they ordered the wrong windshield. Now it's end of week at the earliest. Really hoping David's truck is good by tomorrow so I can turn in the rental van and his loaner and HOPEFULLY have that headache out of the way.

On top of this, when we got home from OK on Saturday, I accidentally pulled our metal driveway gate into my ankle/heel. I now have 9 stitches, I'm on three meds including topical and oral antibiotics, and I got a tetanus shot. It's my left ankle/heel, so I can drive, but I am supposed to limit walking and joint movement until tomorrow afternoon. I guess this is the universe getting back at me for not getting stitches last month after the softball hit.

OK was at least a decent trip, minus K having a complete freak out over seeing the college costs up on a big screen and coping with the next stage of reality that she isn't going to UT. I told her that if she does really well at OU in the first year or two, she can try to transfer. She also should have some work opportunities to help some. She's just blue. To be honest, the bulk of the orientation was a frustrating waste of time. The only good parts were all of the goodies we received (shirts, decals, etc.), first semester class selection, and the stadium send off. The rest was pep rally style filler, redundant tours, and general financial information. She did really perk up over the class selection, she met a few girls that will be living in her dorm, and she got her own rooming situation ironed out so that she's in with the people she wanted to live with...so, hopefully that helps.

Sam's tournament was at least worth it. The deeper we go into the summer season, the more collegiate scouting we're seeing. We were one of the youngest groups out there and the bulk of the girls won't have their D1 recruiting window open until Sept 2025, so not all of the coaches in attendance checked us out. Still, something like 17 coaches came by to watch at various points in the tournament and approached our team rep for more info. Sam also played well. I think some of the changes she's working on with her new hitting coach are starting to click. I just hope she can keep it going in Colorado.

Wow, I am sorry you're going through it right now. That injury sounds awful. I'm hoping it heals quickly. I was thinking about you and that rain from Alberto.

Maybe K will settle in OU and decides she likes there. June is so early for orientation. Wow. Is this typical?

Is this a new softball team? I remember she played on a team that was enabling players' injuries. Insane.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow, I am sorry you're going through it right now. That injury sounds awful. I'm hoping it heals quickly. I was thinking about you and that rain from Alberto.

Maybe K will settle in OU and decides she likes there. June is so early for orientation. Wow. Is this typical?

Is this a new softball team? I remember she played on a team that was enabling players' injuries. Insane.
X2

Sans Souci

That was probably my husband and me walking in the extreme heat yesterday. My husband woke me up and told me a walk would lift my spirits. I was thinking it was going to be a mini stroll. It turned into 3 miles. I am not totally well yet, so I was not happy. I woke up in pain with a muscle cramp in each leg. I made no effort to keep quiet and he woke up. He'll never do that to me again. :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

That was probably my husband and me walking in the extreme heat yesterday. My husband woke me up and told me a walk would lift my spirits. I was thinking it was going to be a mini stroll. It turned into 3 miles. I am not totally well yet, so I was not happy. I woke up in pain with a muscle cramp in each leg. I made no effort to keep quiet and he woke up. He'll never do that to me again. :hilarious:
I was in WDW last week, so I've now had two bouts of the extreme heat. It felt like 105 in DHS. Thought I was dying. 😆

Actually, make that three, because before that I was in SC and it got up to 97 with a real feel of 103 and so by the time we got the heat here, I was used to it. 😂

Sans Souci

Hello-

I think I am mostly well. My appetite is not totally back and I'm still experiencing nausea after I eat. I am just chugging along. I take my last Paxlovid dose before I go to bed. 🎉

I did try to workout this AM and it was ok. I probably should have taken it down a notch, but it was only a 15 min workout, but now I know to do something a little less intense tomorrow.

I have not seen Callie since Father's Day. I had these plans to keep her cool during the heatwave, but I am kind of glad she stayed away. I read that cats are susceptible to Covid and I don't want to make her ill, if I can help it. I don't know if I would have felt comfortable letting her in the house with 2 sick people. I do hope she is OK.

My husband went up to work tonight. I feel like I need some space after last week. :hilarious:

Lilofan

Clearly you don’t realize how your posts about women are coming across, at least to me, so that is my response. I don’t feel the need to discuss it with you further. It is typical of your posts.
You seem to get riled up about something and blame me over a successful student who happens to be a female who moved on from UT. Can't help you with your issue. Even Minnie appreciated an example I share but you share a different opinion. 🤔 I'm frankly disgusted/ attacked on how I am being treated by some. @ Mom how do you feel about this?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So the way this reads, at least to me, there was only one girl that did well at that school? ! I would think many girls do well at that school and many other schools as well. 😎

You seem to get riled up about something and blame me over a successful student who happens to be a female who moved on from UT. Can't help you with your issue. Even Minnie appreciated an example I share but you share a different opinion. 🤔 I'm frankly disgusted/ attacked on how I am being treated by some. @ Mom how do you feel about this?
Per your response to ajrwdwgirl, my belief is that she was expressing her opinion about the overall topic. We all process information in various ways, based upon our own life experiences. Hence, even if your intent, (back in your original post on the topic), was neutral, the topic could still trigger a chord with some others.

IMO, perhaps extending some space to someone whose opinion was different from yours, may also provide a pause, to try and understand why the forum member felt as she did. And sometimes, folks agree to disagree, and move on.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Per your response to ajrwdwgirl, my belief is that she was expressing her opinion about the overall topic. We all process information in various ways, based upon our own life experiences. Hence, even if your intent, (back in your original post on the topic), was neutral, the topic could still trigger a chord with some others.

IMO, perhaps extending some space to someone whose opinion was different from yours, may also provide a pause, to try and understand why the forum member felt as she did. And sometimes, folks agree to disagree, and move on.
Thanks for the good insight @MinnieM123 . Let’s all go back to regular topics.

Lilofan

Thanks Minnie for your feedback. When I am personally attacked and ridicule by a meme from a fellow member , giving pause and try to understand is not so easy. But agree to disagree should go both ways in a more subtle tone. I'm no way perfect but I'm working on that too. Back to working out I had my recent doc visit and my BMI is in line with my height. I have fought being overweight for many years but my bloodwork numbers scared me straight, attending a few funerals of my peers who passed from heart attacks made me rethink about life and how I live it with diet exercise. I recall a Hippocrates quote that sums up our society that a number of folks relies on prescription meds for chronic at times preventable issues

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Agreed. Also having the ability to see that what you post may be interpreted in different ways by different people. That and the humility to apologise when you overstep.

Lilofan

Agreed. Also having the ability to see that what you post may be interpreted in different ways by different people. That and the humility to apologise when you overstep.
Agree to disagree is on point. "To interpret in different ways" ( to justify an excuse so to not admit a wrong ) is at times a cop out when looking for a way to save face when one is clearly in the wrong which I am at times also but not in this instance.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I saw the news this morning and hope you haven't gotten any of the nasty weather up your way
It has been very rainy, we are down state right now so I’m not sure about flooding in our town, we have a little creek that tends to flood. Our house is hopefully far enough away that it shouldn’t be an issue but we are considered part of what is called the 100 year flood plain for it. I saw some of the bridges on the news too and I feel so bad for those people. We did notice flooding in some fields as we’re leaving on our vacation, the ground is just so saturated right now. I guess this is the price we are paying for our no snow winter.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It has been very rainy, we are down state right now so I’m not sure about flooding in our town, we have a little creek that tends to flood. Our house is hopefully far enough away that it shouldn’t be an issue but we are considered part of what is called the 100 year flood plain for it. I saw some of the bridges on the news too and I feel so bad for those people. We did notice flooding in some fields as we’re leaving on our vacation, the ground is just so saturated right now. I guess this is the price we are paying for our no snow winter.
The like is for you being safe and your house being far enough from the creek. It's so sad what's happening all over the Midwest

HouCuseChickie

Thankfully, Alberto ended up being a non-event in our part of the state. I was nervous though. We were heading out of town the night they expected things to pick up. Yeah, just ready for the universe to say we've dealt with enough.

I think she's going to like it, but like anything big, there's going to be an adjustment period. Supposedly, they're about halfway through their orientations, so I guess this is normal for them. I didn't want to go too early, but if we went too late, she ran the risk of having fewer class options for registration. I also believe the early date is because they have a program where some incoming freshman can start in July. They only take one class during this period, but it helps them start acclimating to campus life ahead of the other kids. There were pros and cons to it, but we decided that it was best for her to start in mid-August like the bulk of the student body. Freshman arrive several days ahead of upperclassmen for a special camp. If it's anything like the ones I've seen at the Texas schools, it's to dig into things like traditions and student specific stuff.

The injuries came from school ball. We're currently in summer season with her club travel ball team, so I get a nice long break of worrying about anything like that. That's not to say Sam couldn't get injured, but it won't be over something like that school situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom