working out for Disney

Lilofan

Good morning ☀️

Just checking in with a quick workout. It was ok until the end, when there was this hellacious exercise called "flying burpees"--twenty of them! I am just glad it's over and if they ever appear in another workout, I am going to substitute another move, instead. :hilarious:

I'm going out for a walk once the school traffic dies down. It's been too nice to stay indoors and I love not having to wear layers and layers of clothes to stay warm.
Back in the day we called burpees “ up downs “. When I pledged a fraternity freshman second semester in college we did many as ordered by our pledge master . At times we did so many we dropped from exhaustion or threw up or both. I’m a lap swimmer at LA Fitness which is great cardio for me. It burns fat and I’m at my high school weight minus the partial grey hair. Burpees is a very good way to do an intense cardio workout anywhere.

Sans Souci

Back in the day we called burpees “ up downs “. When I pledged a fraternity freshman second semester in college we did many as ordered by our pledge master . At times we did so many we dropped from exhaustion or threw up or both. I’m a lap swimmer at LA Fitness which is great cardio for me. It burns fat and I’m at my high school weight minus the partial grey hair. Burpees is a very good way to do an intense cardio workout anywhere.

Flying burpees are different than regular burpees--they are worse. I'm not a fan of regular burpees, but flying burpees truly suck.

Sans Souci

Happy Friday 🎉

I did an intense, but quick workout this AM. I had to modify one of the moves. It's hard for me to do a pike push up off of a Swiss ball, then mountain climbers on the ball.I fell off trying. I just put my feet on a chair and did push ups on a decline, then I did knee tucks. That was plenty challenging for me.

I haven't seen Callie since Sunday. I miss seeing her in the morning, but I do like not spending so much time cleaning up after her, indoors and outdoors. I think she has left to summer at Meowtha's Vineyard.

Songbird76

I guess they could and probably some did. They seated you at the table together for dinner, so I guess you could do your own thing after dinner. I think it was just shy of 600 people in my graduating class, so they had to hold the dances at banquet halls.

I haven't been to any reunions, either. The 10 year one was on the same day as my son's christening, but I probably wouldn't have gone anyway. I feel like I wouldn't know what to say to people. I was a big introvert and I had a tight circle of friends. I don't feel like I have missed anything by not going to them. I was only invited to the 10 year reunion, anyway.

I have no idea what happened to the people who were not nice to me or other kids. I do remember seeing results from a longitudinal study a month or so ago that followed bullies throughout their lives and apparently, they are better paid than similarly aged non bully peers by the time they reach middle age. It runs contrary to what I heard growing up--bullies never prosper.
I think we only had a 10 year reunion...there's no one to plan any others. I was the planner and organizer in our class, and I'm not going to organize it. And considering I don't live on the same continent, I don't think I would be the best person to do it, even if I was willing.

That's the thing about small towns though...everyone knows everyone, and there's always gossip going around about people who have lived there forever. I can find out what happened to any number of classmates. Most of them did not prosper from what I hear. A couple went to jail. One for drugs, one for forgery, one for child abuse. (That last one was the one who harrassed me, and one of his kids died of shaken baby and he was jailed before that for kicking his toddler down a hallway, amongst other things. He was a real winner. Most dropped out or failed out of college.

Sans Souci

I think we only had a 10 year reunion...there's no one to plan any others. I was the planner and organizer in our class, and I'm not going to organize it. And considering I don't live on the same continent, I don't think I would be the best person to do it, even if I was willing.

That's the thing about small towns though...everyone knows everyone, and there's always gossip going around about people who have lived there forever. I can find out what happened to any number of classmates. Most of them did not prosper from what I hear. A couple went to jail. One for drugs, one for forgery, one for child abuse. (That last one was the one who harrassed me, and one of his kids died of shaken baby and he was jailed before that for kicking his toddler down a hallway, amongst other things. He was a real winner. Most dropped out or failed out of college.

Wow, that is absolutely awful. What a sociopath--killing your child and physically abusing the other one. I hope he feels intractable guilt for the rest of his miserable life.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was another quick and intense workout. I used my gliding discs, which are always fun to use.

Today is my son's Easter and I am so relieved. He wants Indian food for dinner and I am more than happy to oblige. He looks too thin. He baked two custard pies yesterday so we could eat them today. I am encouraging him to eat. He just looks so tired and gaunt.

Also, the prodigal loaf returned this AM :hilarious: She felt so skinny when I was petting her. After she was done eating, she walked over to me and when I stretched out my hand, she ran over to her dish and looked at me. I put more food into it and she started wolfing it down. She is too funny.

IMG_1920.jpeg

We sat outside around a fire last night and it was really pleasant. It was the perfect weather for it. I'm probably going to do it again tonight. :)

Songbird76

Hello-

I did a workout this AM that was a mix of weights, kettlebells and gliding discs. It was short, but intense. I'll probably be transitioning to shorter work outs as the weather warms up.

My husband let Callie come into our bedroom last night. We have a balcony and she shows up at the door, looking for food. My husband let her in and she snuggled up on a chair. I didn't think the best idea, because I haven't been able to get her flea and tick meds on her and her "back end issues." She was sitting on my husband's jacket and slept for hours. Well, she peed on his jacket while she was sleeping. Luckily, it was easily washed and he sprayed the chair for fleas (non toxic to cats and doggos). Today, I put garbage bag on the seat and I put a towel over that, so there is a barrier.

View attachment 782085

View attachment 782086
Oh wow, she's a big cat, isn't she!?

Songbird76

Wow, that is absolutely awful. What a sociopath--killing your child and physically abusing the other one. I hope he feels intractable guilt for the rest of his miserable life.
Yeah, he was a piece of work. But I doubt he feels guilty...he went to jail for abusing the toddler, and then when he got out, he got into a new relationship, had a baby, and that was the one he killed. He went to jail again. Then he got out of that one, and started dating a girl half his age and got her pregnant. How he even manages to get these girls to have a relationship with him is beyond me. He moved in my freshman or sophomore year of high school....sophomore I think, because it was Biology class where he would sit behind me and snap my bra and make horrid comments to me, and told me he'd leave me alone IF I let him do "upper body lifts". This was after I asked to be moved because he sat beside me. We had assigned seating in Biology, and he kept reaching across the aisle to stick a pencil in my ear, whisper things to me, etc. So I went to the teacher and asked if my seat could be moved because this kid was harrassing me. I told him what he did and the teacher told me that there were always going to be people I didn't like, but I had to learn to "get along" with them, and that it was my fault because I blushed and had a nervous giggle, and that was encouraging him. He DID change the seating arrangement that day....and put the kid right behind me, so he was even CLOSER than he had been, because now there was no aisle between us and he could just reach forward and mess with my hair, or whatever. I was coming home in tears. I didn't know what to do, and he would walk behind me in the hallway and snap my bra, etc. So word kind of got out, and there were a couple of teachers who told me just to slap him and if they were there, they would conveniently not have seen what happened, but I was scared of getting in trouble for physical violence. But then my brother cornered him after school, slammed him against a locker, and told him not to even THINK about me. The kid laughed, the german teacher heard commotion and went to check on it and asked if there was a problem. My brother said there sure was, and explained it, and she took both boys to the Principal, explained what was going on, and the principal for once wasn't completely useless and told the kid he'd better cool it, because his family was fixing to move, and if he was in trouble with the law, he wouldn't be allowed to leave the state, and his parents probably would not be pleased if they couldn't move because of a pending lawsuit. And we absolutely would have pressed charges if he hadn't stopped. But he obviously wasn't a stellar human being. It didn't really surprise me a lot to hear he had spent some time in jail. What DID surprise me was that he's been able to repeat offend! How is he allowed to be within 100 feet of a child??

Sans Souci

Oh wow, she's a big cat, isn't she!?

You're the second person who has said that. I texted my brother a photo of her and he basically said the same thing. She doesn't seem big to me, she seems average. But some times I look at photos of her and I think "What an absolute unit."

Here is a photo of her with me. (This was the day after my second shingles shot, so I was in bed. My husband kept calling for me to come downstairs because he claimed she was looking for me. Pardon my messy hair. lol)

IMG_3206.jpeg

Sans Souci

Yeah, he was a piece of work. But I doubt he feels guilty...he went to jail for abusing the toddler, and then when he got out, he got into a new relationship, had a baby, and that was the one he killed. He went to jail again. Then he got out of that one, and started dating a girl half his age and got her pregnant. How he even manages to get these girls to have a relationship with him is beyond me. He moved in my freshman or sophomore year of high school....sophomore I think, because it was Biology class where he would sit behind me and snap my bra and make horrid comments to me, and told me he'd leave me alone IF I let him do "upper body lifts". This was after I asked to be moved because he sat beside me. We had assigned seating in Biology, and he kept reaching across the aisle to stick a pencil in my ear, whisper things to me, etc. So I went to the teacher and asked if my seat could be moved because this kid was harrassing me. I told him what he did and the teacher told me that there were always going to be people I didn't like, but I had to learn to "get along" with them, and that it was my fault because I blushed and had a nervous giggle, and that was encouraging him. He DID change the seating arrangement that day....and put the kid right behind me, so he was even CLOSER than he had been, because now there was no aisle between us and he could just reach forward and mess with my hair, or whatever. I was coming home in tears. I didn't know what to do, and he would walk behind me in the hallway and snap my bra, etc. So word kind of got out, and there were a couple of teachers who told me just to slap him and if they were there, they would conveniently not have seen what happened, but I was scared of getting in trouble for physical violence. But then my brother cornered him after school, slammed him against a locker, and told him not to even THINK about me. The kid laughed, the german teacher heard commotion and went to check on it and asked if there was a problem. My brother said there sure was, and explained it, and she took both boys to the Principal, explained what was going on, and the principal for once wasn't completely useless and told the kid he'd better cool it, because his family was fixing to move, and if he was in trouble with the law, he wouldn't be allowed to leave the state, and his parents probably would not be pleased if they couldn't move because of a pending lawsuit. And we absolutely would have pressed charges if he hadn't stopped. But he obviously wasn't a stellar human being. It didn't really surprise me a lot to hear he had spent some time in jail. What DID surprise me was that he's been able to repeat offend! How is he allowed to be within 100 feet of a child??

That sounds so awful; I am sorry you had to endure that. I hate how girls were expected to just accept harassment. Yeah, it's true you need to work alongside people you might not like, but that does not include people harassing and touching you. I hated all the groping during PE and walking in the halls between classes. It was like running the gauntlet. There was this unwritten rule we had to accept this was part of being a girl. I finally smacked this boy in the face when he groped me. I kept asking him to stop and he would smirk and laugh in my face. I have no regrets. I'd do it again. Girls have a right to walk to classes without being molested by boys who think they are entitled to touch you when they please.

Sans Souci

Good morning

Checking in with my workout. It started out 100 kettlebell swings and went down hill from there. LOL

I didn't really do anything this weekend. It was too rainy and damp. I did go on a couple of wet and miserable walks and it looks like that trend will continue this week. 👎 But at least everything is looking really lush and green. It just seems like we should have had all of this rain like 2-3 weeks ago.

Lilofan

That sounds so awful; I am sorry you had to endure that. I hate how girls were expected to just accept harassment. Yeah, it's true you need to work alongside people you might not like, but that does not include people harassing and touching you. I hated all the groping during PE and walking in the halls between classes. It was like running the gauntlet. There was this unwritten rule we had to accept this was part of being a girl. I finally smacked this boy in the face when he groped me. I kept asking him to stop and he would smirk and laugh in my face. I have no regrets. I'd do it again. Girls have a right to walk to classes without being molested by boys who think they are entitled to touch you when they please.
We didn't encounter that during my time in parochial school back in the day. Corporal punishment by the teachers was the norm and the guilty were punished in front of peers for various infractions. I got my share and I knew what was coming to me if I did something bad again.

Songbird76

I wish I had been brave enough to slap him across the face, but I knew I'd be the one to get in trouble, and since the principal would have LOVED any excuse to give me in-school suspension. I didn't dare. There was a girl who knocked a guy out because he was being a jerk to her, but everyone knew he was a bully and everyone cheered when she punched him. Some people could have gotten away with it....I was not one of those people. Good for you for smacking that guy!! I'm sorry you had to do that. Did you get in trouble?

Sans Souci

We didn't encounter that during my time in parochial school back in the day. Corporal punishment by the teachers was the norm and the guilty were punished in front of peers for various infractions. I got my share and I knew what was coming to me if I did something bad again.

It's weird. I went to Catholic school from K-4, then I went to public school until I finished HS. There was no corporal punishment at the Catholic school, when I went to public school (junior high), parents had to OPT OUT of corporal punishment if they didn't want it. The assistant principal would paddle you in his office. My mother opted out, thankfully. She told me she thought the assistant principal 'looked like a pervert'. I had no idea that receiving corporal punishment was still a thing when I saw that permission slip. My mother had stories about nuns and yard sticks, but I thought was in the past and a Catholic education thing. This was in the late 80s.

Lilofan

It's weird. I went to Catholic school from K-4, then I went to public school until I finished HS. There was no corporal punishment at the Catholic school, when I went to public school (junior high), parents had to OPT OUT of corporal punishment if they didn't want it. The assistant principal would paddle you in his office. My mother opted out, thankfully. She told me she thought the assistant principal 'looked like a pervert'. I had no idea that receiving corporal punishment was still a thing when I saw that permission slip. My mother had stories about nuns and yard sticks, but I thought was in the past and a Catholic education thing. This was in the late 80s.
I went to school in early to mid 70s. It was wild.

Sans Souci

I wish I had been brave enough to slap him across the face, but I knew I'd be the one to get in trouble, and since the principal would have LOVED any excuse to give me in-school suspension. I didn't dare. There was a girl who knocked a guy out because he was being a jerk to her, but everyone knew he was a bully and everyone cheered when she punched him. Some people could have gotten away with it....I was not one of those people. Good for you for smacking that guy!! I'm sorry you had to do that. Did you get in trouble?

I didn't get in trouble. It was in the halls in between classes. It was on-going thing where I tried to ignore it, then asked him to stop. Was I supposed to carry my books around all day, instead of going to my locker to avoid this idiot? This happened to a lot of girls, not just me. Other girls would laugh being groped and I judged them so harshly at the time, but as an adult, I understand why they laughed.

Sans Souci

Good afternoon-

I went for a walk and I did a 45 min workout this AM. I walked past my son on his walk while I was out walking. I didn't even know he left the house. :hilarious:

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get my images for my call back appointment. I naively thought that since the place I am going to for my call back would have access to my images, because they are in the same medical system. I spent all morning trying to get to the department I needed and then get someone to understand what I am trying to do. It's the worst phone system. There are no direct numbers on the website, you have to call a central number, wait for a human, tell them what you want, then they patch you to the department. On one call, after waiting 20 min, the person who was supposed to help me said my phone was breaking up. I called back and when they tried to patch me to the department again, the phone rang once and went dead. Then, I tried again and got patched through to a completely wrong department. This is the University of Pennsylvania Medical System, not a small community hospital. Surely, I am not the first person to ask for hard copies of their mammogram or any sort of x-ray or MRI, u/s, etc. I had to leave a message, but nobody has called me back and they are done for the day. I'll just try again tomorrow. It shouldn't be this difficult. I don't go until next week, so I still have time. But, my gosh, this is frustrating.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
my dh is back on overnights so this week's workouts have been hit or miss now that I have to workout very early which usually isn't a problem but I have to get everything noisy around the house done during his new work hours so my sleep has been thrown way off. Anyhoo yesterday/last night I did get in all my steps with LS and then went to what seemed like every store on the east coast this morning including a couple of box stores and 2 stops in the mall (one on one end and one on the other). The point of that is with warmer weather moving in please HYDRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me the queen of making sure to stay hydrated wound up coming home dehydrated:eek: That almost as in I can't remember the last time, I came close to that, heck I have never came close in Disney in the middle of summer. Tonight I'm rehydrating and will take it easy until I'm back to normalish

Songbird76

I didn't get in trouble. It was in the halls in between classes. It was on-going thing where I tried to ignore it, then asked him to stop. Was I supposed to carry my books around all day, instead of going to my locker to avoid this idiot? This happened to a lot of girls, not just me. Other girls would laugh being groped and I judged them so harshly at the time, but as an adult, I understand why they laughed.
That's the thing....we're taught such bad things in regards to that. Number one, we're taught that boys harassing us is just how boys are and that we should be flattered, because it means they like us. Number two, we're taught that it's up to us to prevent harassment by wearing modest clothing, and not being where we "shouldn't be", etc. My mom always taught me to laugh and smile when someone was awful to me, to not let them know they got to me. Which sounds fine in theory, but in reality, it just made him and the teacher think I liked the attention, so they didn't take it seriously when I reported it. And I would have gotten in major trouble if I'd have slapped him or anything, but if you DON'T, then they ask you why you didn't do anything....you must have liked it. It's so contradictory. There was no way I could win. It was my fault because I "encouraged" it, but fighting him off would have resulted in MY getting into trouble, not him. We supposedly had a zero tolerance policy, but if that were true, the science teacher would have handled it as soon as I reported feeling uncomfortable. And no one seemed to know this was going on. Other kids probably would have said no, there's no problem with that in our school, and there's a lot of joking that goes on, but they wouldn't have characterized it as harassment. I used to pin my shirt to the waistband of my pants, because boys were pantsing girls in the hallways. And there was a thing where boys would go up to a girl and ask "How do you scare a bee? BOO, bee!" and they would grab her chest. So there was absolutely a problem with harassment in our school, and there was absolutely a culture of "boys will be boys". And the boys would have just said they were joking around and didn't mean anything serious by it. School administrators probably would have touted the zero-tolerance policy and said it didn't happen in our school. It 100% happened, and I don't think it was ever really handled. They agreed to look the other way with my harasser as long as he agreed to leave me alone, but really, considering that he admitted to doing it, he should have been suspended. I could have pressed charges, but then I would have been seen as "over-reacting" and again, it would have been my fault because I blushed and had the nervous giggle and tried to act like it wasn't bothering me, etc. It wouldn't have done any good to press charges...look what happened when I reported it, and when my brother slammed the kid against a locker. Nothing was done to him. He didn't get in trouble. So zero tolerance policies are not always zero tolerance policies. And just a few years ago, when I was talking about the incident online, someone called me a Karen for complaining about the harassment and saying I should have pressed charges at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom