working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today's workout was a back and shoulder workout. I walked to and from my hair appointment, too. It was like 65, so I wasn't a sweaty mess when I got there. There were lots of people out walking, too, since the weather was much less humid, too. I'm still testing negative. I am keeping my eye out for Paxlovid rebound, so far, so good.

I am making Korean-style tofu with broccoli and rice. I am getting one more healthy meal in before my trip. :)

Sans Souci

She actually tried it with a couple of other pairs of sneakers. None of the all white ones made the photo cut, but her AF1s bring in navy and silver.

View attachment 742806

I was so happy K wanted the sequined dress. She tried on about six, but this was the only one that I pulled. I love sequins and think this would work for any dressy college events in the coming years. The shoes were recycled from 2021 homecoming. They are ridiculously uncomfortable, but they were right for the dress. I got her some more casual white squishy platform sandals for dancing.

I love the sequin dress. If I was younger, I would buy one and wear it myself.

HouCuseChickie

I am weird about people touching me, too. I only go 2-3 times a year, typically before a vacation or something like an anniversary meal. I find it all very awkward. I never know what to say. A couple of years ago, my husband and I went at the same time (He only got a pedicure) and the tech saw his feet and cracked a suggestive joke about his feet and winked at me. I am not above a bit of ribaldry (with people very close to me) from time to time, but it's unprofessional at work. Then, I was getting my nails done and my husband was still getting his gnarly feet worked on and the tech asked what was wrong with me. I am a very introverted, very quiet person, plus I just wanted to zone out for a bit and just enjoy the massage chair. I never gave a dirty look and sometimes I would chime in to the conversation my husband and the tech were having. Maybe I have RBF, I don't know. 😂

It's probably fun for people that have dedicated nail artists that they've been using for years, but I find the whole process very awkward. Not sure if you were into Seinfeld, but I always think of the episode with Elaine and her manicurist talking about her. Things like that suggestive joke would be a turn off if I didn't know the person. I understand some people wanting to make small talk to fill up the time, but some things are just inappropriate. I'm pretty extroverted and don't mind chatting, but there's a line. The times I've gone, I've ended up with people who are either awkward or rude. One spent the entire time lecturing me because she felt I was too tense. The pedi I got before having Kendall, they actually cut my toe and laughed at me for being upset about the pain and my fears of infection, in between laughing about my extreme swelling. The guy that did mine before I had Sam was very aggressive with my legs. Barely said a word but made me feel like I was an unruly child requiring a more aggressive approach. I got some kind of foot fungus from that one too! I don't think it's RBF or anything like that. I think it's just really challenging to find a place that does good work with people that have decent interpersonal and service skills.

Figgy1

Original Poster
I only had fake nails for my wedding, too. Then on my honeymoon, I put on sunscreen and the nails started breaking done. That is the only time I ever had them. I just have my own nails and I get a UV light cured gel polish on them. My nails tear at the quick and this helps them not break so easily.

That massage sounds awful. I have never had a painful leg massage, it sounds like your tech was heavy-handed.

I don't think it would be worth talking to anyone at the spa. I haven't seen the owner in years and I only go 2-3 times/year, so I am not a customer worth recovering. That's fine. I want to polish my own nails, but my right hand looks like rubbish when I paint them myself and I really like the gel polish. I would need to see if there is a home version.
I don't think I've had naked nails since...............................That said finding a good tech can be a major pita and I almost feel bad not having gone to have my nails done there since Feb 2020 but I do go there to get my brows done as I said guilt because they do an excellent job, are very careful with sanitation since before the end times and listen to what the client wants. All that said I can't justify the price when I can do them at home.

Figgy1

Original Poster
I only had fake nails for my wedding, too. Then on my honeymoon, I put on sunscreen and the nails started breaking done. That is the only time I ever had them. I just have my own nails and I get a UV light cured gel polish on them. My nails tear at the quick and this helps them not break so easily.

That massage sounds awful. I have never had a painful leg massage, it sounds like your tech was heavy-handed.

I don't think it would be worth talking to anyone at the spa. I haven't seen the owner in years and I only go 2-3 times/year, so I am not a customer worth recovering. That's fine. I want to polish my own nails, but my right hand looks like rubbish when I paint them myself and I really like the gel polish. I would need to see if there is a home version.
Gel polish at home is easy and there are complete kits on Amazon. I like I Gel polishes and their no cleanse top coat is one if not the best in the industry, lots of salons use it. Make sure to have a bottle of at least 70% alcohol to get any polish off your skin before curing. My nails generally last 4 weeks but I use gel polish over a hard gel overlay which extends the life of the polish
1694791317730.png1694791336553.png 1694791399784.png

Last edited:

Figgy1

Original Poster
Today is a yoga/walking day as I'm getting my hair dusted, my eyebrows arched and am going to the Asian grocer and then meeting dh at his PT office. Have backpack will travel lol. I should get a good 5 miles in going between everywhere.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Gel polish at home is easy and there are complete kits on Amazon. I like I Gel polishes and their no cleanse top coat is one if not the best in the industry, lots of salons use it. Make sure to have a bottle of at least 70% alcohol to get any polish off your skin before curing. My nails generally last 4 weeks but I use gel polish over a hard gel overlay which extends the life of the polish
View attachment 743051View attachment 743052 View attachment 743053
Never had a manicure professionally done. I've only done my nails, myself, and rarely use polish or anything. I have boring nails. :p

Today is a yoga/walking day as I'm getting my hair dusted, my eyebrows arched and am going to the Asian grocer and then meeting dh at his PT office. Have backpack will travel lol. I should get a good 5 miles in going between everywhere.
O.k. That's a new one -- getting hair dusted. Is that another term for getting hair colored?

Figgy1

Original Poster
Never had a manicure professionally done. I've only done my nails, myself, and rarely use polish or anything. I have boring nails. :p

O.k. That's a new one -- getting hair dusted. Is that another term for getting hair colored?
Dusting is just the absolute minimum taken off, just the split ends. My ends were fine today so just my bangs got trimmed

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I'm boring with nails too. I can't stand polish on my fingernails, I get a little freaked out if nail polish chips. I wonder where it has gone. Maybe it went in my food! I don't know! It's fine for other people, it just looks weird on me.

Sans Souci

It's probably fun for people that have dedicated nail artists that they've been using for years, but I find the whole process very awkward. Not sure if you were into Seinfeld, but I always think of the episode with Elaine and her manicurist talking about her. Things like that suggestive joke would be a turn off if I didn't know the person. I understand some people wanting to make small talk to fill up the time, but some things are just inappropriate. I'm pretty extroverted and don't mind chatting, but there's a line. The times I've gone, I've ended up with people who are either awkward or rude. One spent the entire time lecturing me because she felt I was too tense. The pedi I got before having Kendall, they actually cut my toe and laughed at me for being upset about the pain and my fears of infection, in between laughing about my extreme swelling. The guy that did mine before I had Sam was very aggressive with my legs. Barely said a word but made me feel like I was an unruly child requiring a more aggressive approach. I got some kind of foot fungus from that one too! I don't think it's RBF or anything like that. I think it's just really challenging to find a place that does good work with people that have decent interpersonal and service skills.

Wow. I am sorry you had those experiences getting your nails done. Laughing at you because you were fearful of getting an infection after she cut you? People can get staph at nail salons if the facilities are not clean. I remember reading an article saying you shouldn't shave your legs before a pedicure, because you could have micro tears on your legs, making an entry point for staph. (I am always too self-conscious about worrying if they can feel my leg hair through the gloves.) I can't handle lectures from people who don't know anything about you. I would not want any more nail salon trips either, if had those experiences. Good grief. I have only dealt with this crab- of a woman at my local nail place. Luckily, nobody has cut me and man handled my legs.

Sans Souci

View attachment 743051View attachment 743052 View attachment 743053

I'll look into this. I am not very good at shaping my nails and getting rid of my cuticles. I got mine done at the new place and the nail tech did such a lovely job. This is the best they have looked in a while. I was worried because Yelp reviews were saying there are a lot of surprise changes at check out for shaping and nail cutting, but mine were the price quoted. I sometimes wonder if rival businesses create bad reviews.

Figgy1

Original Poster
I'll look into this. I am not very good at shaping my nails and getting rid of my cuticles. I got mine done at the new place and the nail tech did such a lovely job. This is the best they have looked in a while. I was worried because Yelp reviews were saying there are a lot of surprise changes at check out for shaping and nail cutting, but mine were the price quoted. I sometimes wonder if rival businesses create bad reviews.
Usually those saying surprise charges are an issue are those getting enhancements and asking for longer than medium length or stiletto shaped nails. Most places have $X and up listed for full sets for a reason. I saw somebody throw a for when getting some fancy nail art done when the nail art price was listed at $Y and up. IMHO the tech undercharged for what she got

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Hello-

We got back from Phoenix last night. We flew in Newark, which meant our flight in Phoenix was held for 2 hours, because of Ophelia. It was also a bouncing, bumpy, cloudy descent. This kid behind me said. "We are going to get into an accident!" and then about 25 minutes later shouted "WE'RE GONNA DIE!" OMG, this kid. It was 5 hours of pulling my seat back, kicking my seat, and stomping his feet on the floor, watching videos without ear buds. I try to be understanding that someone might be on the spectrum, but at the same time, I'd like to sit in my seat without someone making it feel like a chair from Sharper Image. 😂 😂 😂

Anyway, I had a great week. I only worked out once, just because I felt so fatigued afterwards and slept for a few hours. Basically, the week consisted of me sitting on the room patio, reading with a cup of coffee in the morning, pool time, either getting room service or eating at the one of the resort restaurants. TBH, I think I needed that. All the remaining gunk in my chest from being sick is gone, I slept loads and I just took it easy. I usually like to be more active, but I viewed this as a reset. This is the second vacation package I bought from Costco Travel and I have been really pleased with both so far. This package I bought had a full-size car included and $100/ day resort credit at a JW Marriott. It was cheaper than a week at the Swan Reserve, just a room--no park tickets. The way I felt last week, I honestly don't think I could have gone to the parks anyway, I was still so fatigued from covid.

Sans Souci

Usually those saying surprise are an issue are those getting enhancements and asking for longer than medium length or stiletto shaped nails. Most places have $X and up listed for full sets for a reason. I saw somebody throw a for when getting some fancy nail art done when the nail art price was listed at $Y and up. IMHO the tech undercharged for what she got
See, I am basic. I just have them take my nails down short and shape them. 😂

HouCuseChickie

We got back from Phoenix last night. We flew in Newark, which meant our flight in Phoenix was held for 2 hours, because of Ophelia. It was also a bouncing, bumpy, cloudy descent. This kid behind me said. "We are going to get into an accident!" and then about 25 minutes later shouted "WE'RE GONNA DIE!" OMG, this kid. It was 5 hours of pulling my seat back, kicking my seat, and stomping his feet on the floor, watching videos without ear buds. I try to be understanding that someone might be on the spectrum, but at the same time, I'd like to sit in my seat without someone making it feel like a chair from Sharper Image. 😂 😂 😂

As much as I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt for potentially being on the spectrum, that's a lot in 5 hours. I tend to get nervous in turbulence. That "We're Gonna Die!" probably would have sent me over the edge. At least you got home safely!

HouCuseChickie

It's hard to believe we're in the last week of September. I go in tomorrow to get my sutures removed. I can't even feel that they're there, which is a good thing. Still, I'm just tired of caring for them. Today will hopefully be the last time I have to bandage them for protection before going out in public. I'm getting up early each morning to ensure the girls get out on time, so on Wednesday, I'm going to try and add back in early morning biking. I just need to come up with something good to watch so I can stay entertained for a while, but nothing too involved either.

Other than that, I'm just trying to balance things with the girls. I chaperoned region choir auditions over the weekend and after 2 years of this, I officially hate how Texas handles these things. I know processes vary by state, but their methods are horrible for the kids. I'll try and avoid writing a novel, but it was like choir prison with improper warmup timing/allowances, uncomfortable waiting conditions, zero tolerance for practicing, zero tolerance for leaving the room outside of minimal bathroom breaks (not counting the bus ride and 6:45am warmup at our school--- we were there for 9.5 hours!), questionable judging practices, and a concerning approach to audition materials.

I guess at least that is over and done with and I can focus on our trip to OK for our OU tour and the Ringo Starr concert along with all of Sam's travel for softball. I may actually get a little Disney time for one of Sam's next month. She's playing in the Orlando area right before Halloween. Originally, I had booked All Star Sports, but I got a better lodging deal closer to the fields (even after factoring in Disney Visa rewards and room discounts. I guess at least I won't be fighting I4 each morning. We still have a dinner planned at 'Ohana on our last night, which should afford us a view of the Halloween party fireworks, but we'll see how we feel. We have a 6am flight the next morning so she can get to school and I can get to work. So, we may skip it. She'll be playing in Clearwater a couple of weeks after that, but David is taking her. The following week, we'll be heading to Birmingham, AL. Collegiate camps are also a possibility, but all of that is still up in the air.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom