working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Day 4 of trying to get back on track. I must have hit some good music today, because my speed was way up. I push myself to stay above 17mph during the core portion of my biking, but I was right around 20mph for the bulk of today's. I have a mileage goal regardless of how fast I pedal, but it's always nice to get there faster and enjoy a longer cool down. I still need to decide when I'm going to shift my mileage goal from 10 to 15. Aside from biking, I blended some of my barre leg routine with some kettlebell work. I also started to add in one of my more challenging ab exercises. I don't currently have the core strength to fully do it, but at least I'm starting to build on that so I can get there. I may change it up tomorrow and get out for a walk so I don't burn out in these early stages.

I wish I could send some of our warmth to the rest of you. We're supposed to hit 91 today, which is perfectly normal for May, but I'm really not in the mood. We head to TN in a couple of weeks for softball, and I'm really hoping we get some more springlike temps. We'll be about 45 miles south of Nashville, which should hopefully make for a nice change of scenery.

Sans Souci

I prefer general all purpose flour vs. self rising, but my standard recipes have baking powder (and one also has baking soda).

I really liked the idea as well. It's probably not the highest quality stuff (especially for the cheap price- $20 for 64 pieces). Still, for a kid, there's a lot to this set that could be fun.

View attachment 714485

It looks like a great kit to me and if someone gave this to me now, I'd be very excited to use it.

Sans Souci

E and I have been getting some good exercise this week. I worked Monday and Tuesday, so I rode my bike for several miles and then yesterday, we rode our bikes to the Centrum to get some things we needed and walked quite a bit. Then today, we rode to my work together so she could look at the gardening stuff we have to get some ideas. Then back to the Centrum for lunch at Subway and to get to an ATM so I could transfer money between accounts and pay off my Disney trip. I feel much better now, having it paid off on time. It was stressing me out that the card wasn't working and I needed to pay it off by like June 5th. So now I have Halloween party tickets, and have the balance on everything paid off. So the only thing left are dining and tour reservations, and my window doesn't open until June 1st for that. So I have everything done that I can do up to now.

I love the Halloween party. I hope you both do, too. I've been (just) looking at a September trip, even though we've got flights and a room booked at a resort in Scottsdale. 🤣 I looked at the Swan (not the Swan Reserve) and it was $7K for the week, with a AAA discount--that is just the room. It is a basic king room, no balcony or view. Ridiculous. It's a nice hotel, but that is Ritz Carlton/St Regis pricing. The other adjacent resorts are cheaper, especially the Dolphin, but I got a great deal at Costco Travel for this resort in AZ with a car and $100/day resort credit. It's cheaper than staying a week at the Dolphin. I know there are no theme parks to visit, but we've got plans to go hiking and a river raft excursion. It's just a different type of vacation.

Sans Souci

Good morning.

Yesterday I did a 35 min circuit and today was a full body strength training workout. It's supposed to be much warmer today, so I am going to go out for a walk when it's warm outside. I have had my heat on all week. ☃️

Nobody here was up early to watch the Coronation. I was up to workout and I usually watch the news when I am working out. But everything was "coronation", so I watched Crazy, Rich Asians, instead. I hadn't seen it in a while. I don't really have an opinion about the Royal Family, other than I find the whole concept of royalty weird and alien, but my husband was railing on about how the coronation was a bad look right now. He thinks the family should have funded this themselves, instead of burdening the tax payer. I am kind of curious about the breakdown of the different generations and their attitudes towards the Royal Fam.

Songbird76

I love the Halloween party. I hope you both do, too. I've been (just) looking at a September trip, even though we've got flights and a room booked at a resort in Scottsdale. 🤣 I looked at the Swan (not the Swan Reserve) and it was $7K for the week, with a AAA discount--that is just the room. It is a basic king room, no balcony or view. Ridiculous. It's a nice hotel, but that is Ritz Carlton/St Regis pricing. The other adjacent resorts are cheaper, especially the Dolphin, but I got a great deal at Costco Travel for this resort in AZ with a car and $100/day resort credit. It's cheaper than staying a week at the Dolphin. I know there are no theme parks to visit, but we've got plans to go hiking and a river raft excursion. It's just a different type of vacation.
That sounds nice! What are you planning to do in the Scottsdale area? I have a lot of non-Disney destinations on my list. I love Disney, but I want to see a lot of other places as well.

Songbird76

Good morning.

Yesterday I did a 35 min circuit and today was a full body strength training workout. It's supposed to be much warmer today, so I am going to go out for a walk when it's warm outside. I have had my heat on all week. ☃️

Nobody here was up early to watch the Coronation. I was up to workout and I usually watch the news when I am working out. But everything was "coronation", so I watched Crazy, Rich Asians, instead. I hadn't seen it in a while. I don't really have an opinion about the Royal Family, other than I find the whole concept of royalty weird and alien, but my husband was railing on about how the coronation was a bad look right now. He thinks the family should have funded this themselves, instead of burdening the tax payer. I am kind of curious about the breakdown of the different generations and their attitudes towards the Royal Fam.
I didn't bother to watch. Obviously, I'm not in the UK, but we have a similar setup with our royal family, and I have to say I don't see the point. It costs millions to house them, feed them, etc and I don't feel like they really earn it. They are more like spokespeople than that they really have any responsibility. They are the face, but don't have much real power... The power is in the government, not royalty. I think it's time they learned trades and get real jobs and pay their own way. But that's just my opinion. I think it's more about tradition now and the royal family has been supported by taxpayer money for such a long time that it's just what everyone is used to.

HouCuseChickie

I was one of the crazies that woke up early to watch the coronation. I am not a fan of the tabloid style drama, but I enjoy seeing the elements of these big events. The carriages, choirs and Crown Jewels along with the event pageantry/historical tidbits are what keep me engaged. I got up around 4:45am CT to watch, had a friend to chat with through some of it, and was back in bed by 7:30am for another few hours of shuteye.

I did eventually get in a workout. It was in the upper 80s outside by the time I found the energy, so I decided to push myself to the 15 mile goal on the bike. I managed it with 45 minutes of intense pedaling and 2.5 minutes of cooldown pedaling. It actually felt really good! After that, I did arms, stretching and abs. I tackled my harder ab component again and was able to do it. So, I’m definitely getting stronger.

Sans Souci

That sounds nice! What are you planning to do in the Scottsdale area? I have a lot of non-Disney destinations on my list. I love Disney, but I want to see a lot of other places as well.

So far, some hiking, an afternoon tea and a river rafting excursion. Other than that, nothing. We stayed at this resort in January and we rebooked before we left. It's a really unique resort. On our last few trips to WDW, we noticed we were spending more and more time at the pool, so we thought maybe we should just go somewhere warm and do that for less money. lol

Sans Souci

I didn't bother to watch. Obviously, I'm not in the UK, but we have a similar setup with our royal family, and I have to say I don't see the point. It costs millions to house them, feed them, etc and I don't feel like they really earn it. They are more like spokespeople than that they really have any responsibility. They are the face, but don't have much real power... The power is in the government, not royalty. I think it's time they learned trades and get real jobs and pay their own way. But that's just my opinion. I think it's more about tradition now and the royal family has been supported by taxpayer money for such a long time that it's just what everyone is used to.

I just think it's so odd that people revere a person who was born into a certain family. It's the luck of the draw. You didn't get to your position though hard work and tenacity, you were born into it. Yes, I know they "work," but it's just doing public appearances and stuff. They claim they bring in revenue through tourism, but I have to wonder how much of that revenue leaves London. It's probably not going to Manchester or Torquay. London is a solid city in its own right, it can stand on its own without the Royal family.

Sans Souci

I was one of the crazies that woke up early to watch the coronation. I am not a fan of the tabloid style drama, but I enjoy seeing the elements of these big events. The carriages, choirs and Crown Jewels along with the event pageantry/historical tidbits are what keep me engaged. I got up around 4:45am CT to watch, had a friend to chat with through some of it, and was back in bed by 7:30am for another few hours of shuteye.

I did eventually get in a workout. It was in the upper 80s outside by the time I found the energy, so I decided to push myself to the 15 mile goal on the bike. I managed it with 45 minutes of intense pedaling and 2.5 minutes of cooldown pedaling. It actually felt really good! After that, I did arms, stretching and abs. I tackled my harder ab component again and was able to do it. So, I’m definitely getting stronger.

I remember when William and Kate got married, a friend of mine started texting me early in the morning. "Are you up? Have you seen this dress? Everyone is making a fuss over it and I think it looks like something you can get at Kleinfeld." 🤣

I saw this post on Facebook that said Camilla was #sidechickgoals. Oof.

HouCuseChickie

I remember when William and Kate got married, a friend of mine started texting me early in the morning. "Are you up? Have you seen this dress? Everyone is making a fuss over it and I think it looks like something you can get at Kleinfeld." 🤣

I saw this post on Facebook that said Camilla was #sidechickgoals. Oof.

I woke up early to watch that wedding. While all of the pomp and pageantry was great, I remember being so disappointed with the gown. I wound up recording it too. When the girls got up, I dressed them up in their princess dresses and tiaras. I served them tea and crumpets followed by fish, chips, and mushy peas. It's funny that they're eating on a plastic kiddie table, but I somehow found it in my to trust them with a crystal centerpiece bowl on the table.

1683552698660.png

That's hysterical about Camilla! 🤣

HouCuseChickie

Yesterday was a break day, but I was back on track for the week with today's workout. I was dragging and it totally felt like a Monday, but I got in my 10 miles, arms and abs. I really need to do some more work on the bike. The seat and side handles are loose, which causes this awful squeaking sound. Hopefully, I can tighten things up to quiet things down during my pedaling. It's always been kind of squeaky because of it, but it's really been bugging me of late. I guess it's really not a big deal if it doesn't wake up my husband. 😴

Sans Souci

I woke up early to watch that wedding. While all of the pomp and pageantry was great, I remember being so disappointed with the gown. I wound up recording it too. When the girls got up, I dressed them up in their princess dresses and tiaras. I served them tea and crumpets followed by fish, chips, and mushy peas. It's funny that they're eating on a plastic kiddie table, but I somehow found it in my to trust them with a crystal centerpiece bowl on the table.

View attachment 715106

That's hysterical about Camilla! 🤣

This is so cute and adorable. So fancy! :) What a nice memory that you have made for them. You really went all out for them.

I saw all kinds of silliness on Facebook. I wish I'd saved some of the stuff that was there. Someone photoshopped a mug with Charles and Camilla on it and it said, "To all the side chicks out there, never give up hope." I might have cackled at that.

Sans Souci

Good morning.

Checking in with an upper body + HIIT workout. It was pretty good, particularly the HIIT portion. My husband went up north last night and won't be back until Thursday. I decided to stay here this week. I get a little bit of socializing throughout the day with my son, plus potential cat-sightings! lol

My husband made reservations for this pub in Philly for Sunday. I am on the fence about keeping it. I kind of would just like to stay at home and chill out in the yard. I don't know. I'll think about it. I have until Friday to decide.

HouCuseChickie

Good morning! No workout YET for the day, but checking in with my bike maintenance from last night. I started playing with the bolts and I was reminded that I got my bolts mixed up during assembly. I'm not sure I'm in the mood to disassemble everything to swap things out. Ultimately, it's been like this since 2016, so it's really more annoyance than issue. The big A-HA moment came with my headphones. I've recently been using my little earbuds to listen to music while I work out. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why I was getting so much bike noise since the music is being played louder than any tv shows I previously watched while biking. Then it hit me...I used to wear my big noise cancelling padded headphones. So, I think the bike has always been this loud. I was just wearing better headphones to block the noise. I've got the old ones charging now so I can test out this theory during some lunchtime biking.

I did set my alarm to wake up and workout before work, but I had a raging headache and just felt exhausted. I'm hoping some kid stuff falls into place today to help with the stress.

HouCuseChickie

Update- we had some nasty storms roll through that knocked out power. I decided to use it as an early lunch break to get in a workout. I biked about 10.30 miles, did a blend of barre for legs and kettlebells, and then finished up with some abs work on the big exercise ball. The big noise canceling headphones were also charged by that point, so I got to test out my theory. I was correct. They block EVERYTHING! Even in between songs, I could barely hear the squeaking of the bike seat. So, I guess that's my solution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom