working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Waving hi! I spent much of the day outside weeding and getting plants supported. I light practice before bed, maybe. Some fools were setting off fireworks late into the night:rolleyes:

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀

I've been busy with offline stuff. Thanks for checking in on me.

I went back to doing yoga. I'm currently doing a program called "Yoga 30 for 30." It's just 30 minutes of yoga a day, which is fine for summer. I started doing my yoga outside, too, which makes it even more blissful for me. I started out just putting my mat in the grass, but I was getting bitten by mosquitos. I have a large balcony out side of my bedroom, so I started doing my yoga there and I love it. I feel like I am doing yoga in a tree house. There's a stream on one side of my yard and I can hear it as I practice in addition to all of the birds who live in the trees. :happy:

I move my mat to get different views each day. This is my "I really need to weed my yard, but I stopped caring" view.
3FB9E78D-2952-4657-BDCA-817BF81E2CB2.jpeg

I hope everyone is doing well.

Songbird76

Good morning ☀

I've been busy with offline stuff. Thanks for checking in on me.

I went back to doing yoga. I'm currently doing a program called "Yoga 30 for 30." It's just 30 minutes of yoga a day, which is fine for summer. I started doing my yoga outside, too, which makes it even more blissful for me. I started out just putting my mat in the grass, but I was getting bitten by mosquitos. I have a large balcony out side of my bedroom, so I started doing my yoga there and I love it. I feel like I am doing yoga in a tree house. There's a stream on one side of my yard and I can hear it as I practice in addition to all of the birds who live in the trees. :happy:

I move my mat to get different views each day. This is my "I really need to weed my yard, but I stopped caring" view.
View attachment 479740

I hope everyone is doing well.
That is a beautiful area!! Do you have near neighbors who can see you though?? That would be a concern for me, but the setting doesn't get much better!!

Sans Souci

That is a beautiful area!! Do you have near neighbors who can see you though?? That would be a concern for me, but the setting doesn't get much better!!

I have one neighbor whose yard is perpendicular to mine. I don't think they can see me, we both have many trees, plus my backside is facing my house. I'm not showing anyone my backside with all of those forward folds and down dogs. That's what I don't like about doing yoga outdoors. But I feel pretty well concealed on my balcony.

Sans Souci

Good morning,

Checking in with 30 minutes of yoga outdoors. It was so beautiful outside--low 70s with a gentle breeze. It was perfect until someone's lawn maintenance service showed up with a cacophony of leaf blowers and lawn mowers arrived. :cautious:

My husband and I are going to Longwood Gardens today. It's going to be in the low 90s, so this should be fun with masks. I ordered a picnic tote with all sorts of goodies in it. :happy: It's been so long since I have been outside of NJ and have gone anywhere other than the shops. I'm excited, but a little nervous. But the gardens are only open to members right now, so I am hoping that keeps attendance down a bit. I had to had reserve a time, so that makes me think they know exactly how many people will be there.

I'm going to put some chicken with salsa and some other spices in my Crock Pot before I leave and I all will have to do is cook some rice and refried beans when I get back for chicken taco bowls for dinner. It's too hot to expend anymore effort than that for dinner. :p

Take care, everybody. ☺

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am in with a backbend yoga practice. It was not the biggest calorie burner, but I feel mentally I am only down for 30 minutes of yoga right now.

Longwood Gardens was sunny, hot and humid--a fun combination with a mask on. It make me think I won't go to WDW until it's winter or we have a vaccine. But the gardens were lovely, they capped attendance at a really low number. I've never seen it so empty. I loved it. It's such a popular place. It is always packed whenever I go, even in the dead of winter.

View attachment 480488CA69B22D-0124-488D-960B-A3A93957A8A8.jpegAF2FAF84-0074-4993-8878-87EE9F4B7527.jpeg1C719FC5-D2C6-4E47-9FD0-90703699D99C.jpeg5E26EA13-2C7C-4773-9ACB-942104A858C0.jpeg

Sans Souci

Good morning. ☀

Today I started a 30 day barre program. It is something somewhat novel for me. It is only 30 minutes per class, so it's not repetitive, like some barre classes can be. I signed up for Openfit. It looks pretty good, there are all sorts of programs--not just barre. You can sign up for live classes and the instructor can see you and provide feed back on form, etc. Right now, I prefer programs where I don't have to think about what class to do next. :)

Then I followed that up with a 15 minute Deepak Chopra mediation on self-healing. It's a 21 day free program at his website.

We're going to Cape May today. I really don't want to go, because I think it will be crowded this week. My husband is hellbent on going and he promised me we'd turn around if it's too crazy. I am doubting that, because it's a nearly 2 hour drive to get there. There might be arguing. :p

I hope everyone has a great day. 🌸

Songbird76

Good morning. ☀

Today I started a 30 day barre program. It is something somewhat novel for me. It is only 30 minutes per class, so it's not repetitive, like some barre classes can be. I signed up for Openfit. It looks pretty good, there are all sorts of programs--not just barre. You can sign up for live classes and the instructor can see you and provide feed back on form, etc. Right now, I prefer programs where I don't have to think about what class to do next. :)

Then I followed that up with a 15 minute Deepak Chopra mediation on self-healing. It's a 21 day free program at his website.

We're going to Cape May today. I really don't want to go, because I think it will be crowded this week. My husband is hellbent on going and he promised me we'd turn around if it's too crazy. I am doubting that, because it's a nearly 2 hour drive to get there. There might be arguing. :p

I hope everyone has a great day. 🌸
Yikes, I bet it will be busy. It's 4th of July weekend! I bet almost everything will be busy. People are tired of being stuck at home. That plus a holiday plus alcohol is bound to be a recipe for stupidity! Some people will not make wise decisions. We went to IKEA a couple of weeks after it opened back up to get some meatballs. We didn't even make it as far as the parking lot before we turned around and noped it out of there. The line was a couple hundred meters long. I won't even wait that long for one of my favorite Disney rides let alone for a bag of meatballs! I was shocked at the number of people who were willing to stand in that line. Is there really ANYTHING at IKEA that is worth that wait?

I hope it either isn't busy, or that your husband keeps his promise....and that his idea of "crazy" isn't different from yours. Good luck!!

Sans Souci

Yikes, I bet it will be busy. It's 4th of July weekend! I bet almost everything will be busy. People are tired of being stuck at home. That plus a holiday plus alcohol is bound to be a recipe for stupidity! Some people will not make wise decisions. We went to IKEA a couple of weeks after it opened back up to get some meatballs. We didn't even make it as far as the parking lot before we turned around and noped it out of there. The line was a couple hundred meters long. I won't even wait that long for one of my favorite Disney rides let alone for a bag of meatballs! I was shocked at the number of people who were willing to stand in that line. Is there really ANYTHING at IKEA that is worth that wait?

I hope it either isn't busy, or that your husband keeps his promise....and that his idea of "crazy" isn't different from yours. Good luck!!

That's crazy that people were lining up to enter IKEA. Who wants to assemble flat-pack furniture after being cooped up? But no, there is nothing in IKEA that would have me waiting in a line to enter. :oops:

The beach was quite empty. I was actually shocked. We arrived after noon and had our pick of parking spaces. It was nice and sunny when we arrived, then it got cloudy and windy. I was so cold, I had goosebumps. I looked at the temp, it was 78! But I think the clouds and wind made it feel much cooler. Then we heard thunder, so we decided to leave. It was a good visit, my husband is off of work this week and it was just a little day trip to get some fresh air.

We also saw some dolphins!
50E7DB23-C1CB-4787-B181-87E4B5A59249.jpeg978471CF-BF9B-495C-AD96-7DC971B1B331.jpeg

Songbird76

That's crazy that people were lining up to enter IKEA. Who wants to assemble flat-pack furniture after being cooped up? But no, there is nothing in IKEA that would have me waiting in a line to enter. :oops:

The beach was quite empty. I was actually shocked. We arrived after noon and had our pick of parking spaces. It was nice and sunny when we arrived, then it got cloudy and windy. I was so cold, I had goosebumps. I looked at the temp, it was 78! But I think the clouds and wind made it feel much cooler. Then we heard thunder, so we decided to leave. It was a good visit, my husband is off of work this week and it was just a little day trip to get some fresh air.

We also saw some dolphins!
View attachment 480874View attachment 480875
Wow! I'm glad it was a nice day out for you! But....you said you saw dolphins....were you on that whale and dophin watching boat at some point? That looks pretty packed on the upper deck! It doesn't look like people are distancing on the boat itself!

Sans Souci

Wow! I'm glad it was a nice day out for you! But....you said you saw dolphins....were you on that whale and dophin watching boat at some point? That looks pretty packed on the upper deck! It doesn't look like people are distancing on the boat itself!

No, we saw about 4 of them swimming together fairly close to the shore. We saw a few the last time we went there, too.

I thought that, too, about the crowded upper deck. I wouldn't do that right now, but so many people were not wearing masks when they were close to other groups. We passed a family who made no attempt to move over for us to get through on the path from the street to the beach itself and wearing no masks. Luckily, it was empty enough on the beach to be mask-free. The guy taking money for beach tags had no mask on. My husband asked him if he felt safe without a mask and he told my husband there is no scientific proof masks work. OK, then. 🤷‍♀️ There's a reason all the people in an OR wear them while working and it's not for tickles and laughs.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am in with a cardio barre workout. It was a sweaty 30 minutes. It used 2 lbs hand weights. They felt like 10 lbs. after a few minutes. :p

I am going out to celebrate my anniversary tomorrow night and I am thinking about canceling. It's going to be 95 here and I am not certain I want to sit outside, eating a nice meal in that kind of weather. I need to see how far apart the tables are, too. I love warmer weather, but not getting dressed up to sweat my butt off in it.

Other than that, I'll likely go for a stroll today and fill up the cheapie pool I bought and sit in it. LOL

Songbird76

No, we saw about 4 of them swimming together fairly close to the shore. We saw a few the last time we went there, too.

I thought that, too, about the crowded upper deck. I wouldn't do that right now, but so many people were not wearing masks when they were close to other groups. We passed a family who made no attempt to move over for us to get through on the path from the street to the beach itself and wearing no masks. Luckily, it was empty enough on the beach to be mask-free. The guy taking money for beach tags had no mask on. My husband asked him if he felt safe without a mask and he told my husband there is no scientific proof masks work. OK, then. 🤷‍♀️ There's a reason all the people in an OR wear them while working and it's not for tickles and laughs.
What I've been told in regards to masks is that they won't keep YOU from getting sick by wearing one, but it can prevent you from spreading it to others if you are asymptomatic or still in the incubation period where you don't know yet that you're sick. But ok.

Are you in one of the hot spot states? I keep seeing stuff about states with a more than 5% positive result rate...Florida, Arizona, Texas....I know there are more, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head. It kind of surprises me that Florida is still staying open amidst those numbers. I thought Disneyworld might postpone their reopening, but apparently not. Again, I'm glad we went last year!! I seriously debated when I was planning because my son and husband are Star Wars fans. I thought maybe we should wait until SW;GE opened, but then decided not to because the crowds would likely be ridiculous and I didn't want to be there when it had just opened. So we opted for going last year instead. I would be so stressed out now if our trip was this Summer. Or we probably would have just canceled it and then I'd be depressed that it would be even longer before we got to go. We likely wouldn't have been able to go anyway, because there are no flights between the US and the Schengen area.

Songbird76

Hello-

I am in with a cardio barre workout. It was a sweaty 30 minutes. It used 2 lbs hand weights. They felt like 10 lbs. after a few minutes. :p

I am going out to celebrate my anniversary tomorrow night and I am thinking about canceling. It's going to be 95 here and I am not certain I want to sit outside, eating a nice meal in that kind of weather. I need to see how far apart the tables are, too. I love warmer weather, but not getting dressed up to sweat my butt off in it.

Other than that, I'll likely go for a stroll today and fill up the cheapie pool I bought and sit in it. LOL
Happy anniversary!! Can you maybe just get take out so you can sit at home where it's cooler, but still not have to cook?

Sans Souci

What I've been told in regards to masks is that they won't keep YOU from getting sick by wearing one, but it can prevent you from spreading it to others if you are asymptomatic or still in the incubation period where you don't know yet that you're sick. But ok.

Are you in one of the hot spot states? I keep seeing stuff about states with a more than 5% positive result rate...Florida, Arizona, Texas....I know there are more, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head. It kind of surprises me that Florida is still staying open amidst those numbers. I thought Disneyworld might postpone their reopening, but apparently not. Again, I'm glad we went last year!! I seriously debated when I was planning because my son and husband are Star Wars fans. I thought maybe we should wait until SW;GE opened, but then decided not to because the crowds would likely be ridiculous and I didn't want to be there when it had just opened. So we opted for going last year instead. I would be so stressed out now if our trip was this Summer. Or we probably would have just canceled it and then I'd be depressed that it would be even longer before we got to go. We likely wouldn't have been able to go anyway, because there are no flights between the US and the Schengen area.

I live in NJ, so it was a hot spot, but not anymore. The beach tag guy was well into his 60s, so I think that is why my husband asked him if he was concerned. He is not even marginally protected if others aren't wearing masks. I saw one person the entire time I was there in a mask. I put mine on when I thought I'd be in close contact with others, such as going to the street where the toilets and concessions were.

I wouldn't want to go to FL now, either. We just spent the past three months in lockdown and I'd rather not have to do it again. Hopefully, there will be a vaccine by next summer and you guys can come back to see SW:GE. Personally, I don't think WDW would be that fun without parades, park-hopping and fireworks. Plus, I think I would feel low level anxiety the whole time about picking it this junk up. We were booked on a Disney cruise and a few days at WDW afterwards for September, we rebooked for next year. Then we decided we were going to go to Key West, but then we saw the airlines are starting to fill the middle seat, so we passed on that. So, my husband finally booked at room at the Westin Hilton Head Island resort, we're just going to drive down. My son starts college in Sept and this was going to be our first vacation alone together since my son was born, so we're hell bent on doing something! lol

Songbird76

I live in NJ, so it was a hot spot, but not anymore. The beach tag guy was well into his 60s, so I think that is why my husband asked him if he was concerned. He is not even marginally protected if others aren't wearing masks. I saw one person the entire time I was there in a mask. I put mine on when I thought I'd be in close contact with others, such as going to the street where the toilets and concessions were.

I wouldn't want to go to FL now, either. We just spent the past three months in lockdown and I'd rather not have to do it again. Hopefully, there will be a vaccine by next summer and you guys can come back to see SW:GE. Personally, I don't think WDW would be that fun without parades, park-hopping and fireworks. Plus, I think I would feel low level anxiety the whole time about picking it this junk up. We were booked on a Disney cruise and a few days at WDW afterwards for September, we rebooked for next year. Then we decided we were going to go to Key West, but then we saw the airlines are starting to fill the middle seat, so we passed on that. So, my husband finally booked at room at the Westin Hilton Head Island resort, we're just going to drive down. My son starts college in Sept and this was going to be our first vacation alone together since my son was born, so we're hell bent on doing something! lol
I wouldn't want to go now, either. When this all started, I thought it might be over after a month or 2 and things would be back to normal by Summer vacation. The kids have 2 weeks left of school and most things ARE open here, but there's still the distancing and there are still some requirements. Our numbers are really low, but still, we won't be doing anything big for vacation I don't think. I had originally wanted to go to the Bavaria region of Germany (Füssen) and to Saltzburg, Austria. We went to Germany 2 years ago and just kind of traveled through, and it was wonderful. We spontaneously decided to go to Bavaria to the Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles, and we were able to book a room at this inn with a view of the castles. The kids were both enthralled and were so sad we had to leave because we could only get the room for one night. So we promised we'd come back and take longer to visit the whole area because there are more castles and some museums, and it's not that far from Saltzburg where The Sound of Music takes place, which my daughter really wants to see. So I thought we'd make that trip this summer, but now I don't think it's a good idea. Germany still has stricter restrictions than we do, though Austria is maybe a little more relaxed than we are, and I'm not sure how hard it would be to find restaurants, etc. Most places require reservations and have limited seating. The BEST restaurant in the town we stayed in is already difficult to get into because it's so good...with a reduced capacity, it might not be available. Next year, I want to visit Wyoming and go to Yellowstone and a bunch of other historic sites like Independence Rock and Fort Laramie and the Oregon Trail Wagon ruts. Disney just isn't in the cards for a few more years yet. But after this year of hunkering down and isolating, I really want a bigger vacation next Summer. We had on our news a few weeks ago that there should be a vaccine available around November. There's a hospital in Nijmegen I think that was doing human trials and it was showing positive results and they said it should be available within 5-6 months, and at that time I calculated that as October/November. So that would be good. Maybe we could even make a trip to Germany for the fall break, or spring break next year.

I could do a Disney vacation without the parades or fireworks as we don't really watch those much anyway, but I'd miss the park hopping. A refuses to set foot in AK, and for the rest of us, it's our least favorite park and we don't like to spend a bunch of time there, but E and my husband would want to do FOP, and I'd want to do Kali River so we'd need to be able to hop to a different park afterwards. It's just not going to happen for us for a few years. Have you done weekends away at all, just the two of you? We haven't done a whole vacation without the kids, but we've gone on a few weekends...we went to Aachen, Germany for our anniversary last year, and we went somewhere a few years ago....I don't even remember where now....maybe Den Bosch? And we did go to Paris for a few days when the kids were little because my best friend was there and as we're so close, I couldn't just not go see her. I can't imagine not going anywhere without the kids for 18 years! I hope you get to do something!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom