working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm guessing you guys are getting some of the weather system that barreled through here yesterday morning. Hopefully, you won't get anything too severe. Cute print for the shorts!
This is really cute. I like the color. They look like they will be comfy, too.
Thank you they're comfy and I was surprised they fit on the first try as I've never drafted shorts from scratch before

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am checking in with a hiit workout. It was only ~30 minutes, but honestly, I dread doing more than that. This is where I am right now and I am going to listen to my body. Once it dries up here, I am going to walk with my husband. I have butter sitting out and I am waiting for it to soften for cake baking. I'm also going to a local farm to pick up some fresh veggies to serve at dinner tomorrow. :)

Sans Souci

Today is a cooking marathon. The guys have gone nuts again wanting both ham and BBQ butt with all the sides that go with each:eek: at least there won't be much cooking to do the rest of the week, but no "workout" for me today

To be fair, a "cooking marathon" sounds like a workout! I'm just serving ham--no BBQ butt. I found the smallest ham I could at Costco and it's still too much for all of us, even with my son's appetite.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I am checking in with a hiit workout. It was only ~30 minutes, but honestly, I dread doing more than that. This is where I am right now and I am going to listen to my body. Once it dries up here, I am going to walk with my husband. I have butter sitting out and I am waiting for it to soften for cake baking. I'm also going to a local farm to pick up some fresh veggies to serve at dinner tomorrow. :)
If you can please let me know which farm and how you made out there thnx

epcotisbest

Up early this morning, long night of restless, on and off sleep so just went ahead and got up. Will try to quietly make breakfast and have it ready when my wife and the yappers awaken.
Paid no attention to carbs, sugar, calories or anything else yesterday. Ate biscuits, gravy and hash browns for breakfast. Lunch and supper I overate and had dessert too. Don't feel too good about it, but sometimes I get depressed and just say to heck with it, then deal with the guilt later.
How do you get back on track after giving in to frustration and depression?

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Up early this morning, long night of restless, on and off sleep so just went ahead and got up. Will try to quietly make breakfast and have it ready when my wife and the yappers awaken.
Paid no attention to carbs, sugar, calories or anything else yesterday. Ate biscuits, gravy and hash browns for breakfast. Lunch and supper I overate and had dessert too. Don't feel too good about it, but sometimes I get depressed and just say to heck with it, then deal with the guilt later.
Maybe think if you live a heathier lifestyle how much more quality time you'll have with your dw. Good luck my friend you can do it and we all have off days or even weeks.

Songbird76

A bad day doesn't have to become a bad habit. So you had one day where you didn't "follow the rules." Today is a new day....clean slate. Start over.

HouCuseChickie

I too am paying the price for being bad and my stomach has been screaming at me for a good 48 hours, but I woke up today and I'm ready to get back on track. Yesterday, I was so bad that on top of eating horribly, I didn't even have the energy to work out. I wound up taking a 3.5 hour nap instead! :eek: Today, I got up and did a full worked out (just the "basics"), even though my tummy is still in recovery mode. I think I'm also just going to get a lot water into my system and try and flush out some of the bad stuff. I made a roast with mushrooms for holiday 1 and a birdzilla of a turkey for holiday 2. I'm thinking turkey over zoodles for dinner tonight.

epcotisbest

Maybe think if you live a heathier lifestyle how much more quality time you'll have with your dw. Good luck my friend you can do it and we all have off days or even weeks.
A bad day doesn't have to become a bad habit. So you had one day where you didn't "follow the rules." Today is a new day....clean slate. Start over.

Thank you. Positive encouragement is always appreciated.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

You're human, and delicious food is a treat for everyone. So, you went all out yesterday and enjoyed every morsel. Nothing wrong with that. You need a break once in a while, as you are usually very careful and watch the carbs and sugar.

It's only a minor setback, kinda like falling off a horse. Just jump back up in the saddle. :happy:

epcotisbest

You're human, and delicious food is a treat for everyone. So, you went all out yesterday and enjoyed every morsel. Nothing wrong with that. You need a break once in a while, as you are usually very careful and watch the carbs and sugar.

It's only a minor setback, kinda like falling off a horse. Just jump back up in the saddle. :happy:

Thank you. Kind words much appreciated.

HouCuseChickie

I know it can be tough to get back on track. Whether I've been bad for a couple of days or bad for a year (or longer), it's easy to fall into that rut and stay there. BUT...I try and remind myself how much good I have done before and how good I will feel if I don't allow that rut to take over. Sometimes it's just looking at whatever has helped you get by things in the past and channeling that to help you now.

epcotisbest

I know it can be tough to get back on track. Whether I've been bad for a couple of days or bad for a year (or longer), it's easy to fall into that rut and stay there. BUT...I try and remind myself how much good I have done before and how good I will feel if I don't allow that rut to take over. Sometimes it's just looking at whatever has helped you get by things in the past and channeling that to help you now.

Thank you. It seems when I do go off on a bad tangent, I tend to really overdo it. I guess the thinking is something like, "Well, I have blown it this bad, what's another piece of cake gonna matter now?" Then I really beat myself up for it.
Back on track, low carb lunch of pulled pork and pickles with no bread, carbs, sugar etc...anywhere in sight, except for the couple of carbs in the Tiger Sauce I put on the pulled pork. Tiger Sauce, I love that stuff.

porkandpickles.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Thank you. It seems when I do go off on a bad tangent, I tend to really overdo it. I guess the thinking is something like, "Well, I have blown it this bad, what's another piece of cake gonna matter now?" Then I really beat myself up for it.
Back on track, low carb lunch of pulled pork and pickles with no bread, carbs, sugar etc...anywhere in sight, except for the couple of carbs in the Tiger Sauce I put on the pulled pork. Tiger Sauce, I love that stuff.

View attachment 367077

I know that feeling well. I give in to a bit of temptation and next thing ya know, my "well, I've already failed for today" tendencies have me in a massive food bender adding up to thousands and thousands of extra calories. I know it's not right, but it's really hard when my brain allows that kind of backwards logic in.

That's looks delicious! What's Tiger Sauce? Sounds interesting! We have focused a lot on meats ever since I gave up gluten/wheat. Smoked pork butt is one of my faves. I often make an apple slaw to go on the side, but I do love pickles too!

epcotisbest

I know that feeling well. I give in to a bit of temptation and next thing ya know, my "well, I've already failed for today" tendencies have me in a massive food bender adding up to thousands and thousands of extra calories. I know it's not right, but it's really hard when my brain allows that kind of backwards logic in.

That's looks delicious! What's Tiger Sauce? Sounds interesting! We have focused a lot on meats ever since I gave up gluten/wheat. Smoked pork butt is one of my faves. I often make an apple slaw to go on the side, but I do love pickles too!

Oh, just my favorite hot sauce. Pick some up and try it sometime. I bet you will like it too. All our local grocery stores, and Walmart, have it.

http://www.nolacajun.com/tiger-sauce

Tiger Sauce.jpeg

epcotisbest

Apple slaw sounds good. I like broccoli slaw with raisins and red onions, and lots of mayo too. The mayo makes it less healthy, but I tried it with a greek yogurt dressing instead one time and that did not work for me. Maybe I should try half yogurt and half mayo sometime.
I tried mashed cauliflower as a substitute for mashed potatoes one time as well. Let's just say I won't make that mistake again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom