working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I may have mentioned this before, I HATE, DESPISE and just don't like barre. Any ideas on what I can do to get the same burn with out bulking up? Food updaye PB&J smoothie for breakfast, power slaw for lunch red and green cabbage, carrot, cuke, green onion and bean dressing for lunch:joyfull:

Let me see what I can come up with on You Tube.

alissafalco

Hello-

I am in with my workout. I am back on the wagon after splurging (on my cake) a bit yesterday. The frosting was mascarpone, white chocolate and whipped cream. I had a devil of a time trying to frost it yesterday, since it was so warm. I had to keep sticking it in the fridge while frosting it. I couldn't get the frosting to stay on the spatula. It kept sliding off.

View attachment 199977
Im back on the wagon on Wednesday lol

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 5 LS miles done and I'll be hitting my upper body with weights as soon as the boys leave. That didn't come out quite right:facepalm: Outside walking will be closer to lunch time today. The strawberries and mixed baby greens that need to get used will be in my breakfast smoothie:hungry: Lunch will be a salad with bean dressing(I made a bit extra yesterday:joyfull:) but I'll add some olives and basalmic to it to give it a bit more zip:joyfull: I'm making veggie soup for one for dinner because everybody has a different schedule today.:(

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

I am in with my workout. I am back on the wagon after splurging (on my cake) a bit yesterday. The frosting was mascarpone, white chocolate and whipped cream. I had a devil of a time trying to frost it yesterday, since it was so warm. I had to keep sticking it in the fridge while frosting it. I couldn't get the frosting to stay on the spatula. It kept sliding off.

View attachment 199977
That looks delicious!! You did a great job. ;)

93boomer

Premium Member
Still getting my walking done. Today is yoga and relaxation plus my walk. It is a bit chilly out today so walk may be inside. Dinner is turkey chili cooking in the crockpot right now. :hungry: And just made low salt cornbread which to me is not low salt since baking powder has so much salt in it. :rolleyes: I have to look for some without salt sometime.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning and yes it's a good morning even though it's a bit too nippy to walk outside. 6 LS miles done(3 with weights because with spring cleaning yesterday I never got to my planned weights:oops:) and the happy, happy part of my day! I did a Barre 3 workout:joyfull:. More like:eek::eek::eek: I found a barre workout that I both enjoyed and felt my legs shake at the same time. A fun evil 30 minutes. I'd happy dance if I could LOL I found a few more of those on youtube and may work them into my rotation:joyfull: Today's cooking adventure, taking the leftover turkey and making a soup/stew. Turkey & stock, red beans, quinoa, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, red&green peppers, celery, onions, green beans and a couple of shots of dry sherry. I'll wilt in some baby greens when it's finished. I'm going to make a veggie soup for me with kale chips for dinner:hungry:

Sans Souci

I think I am taking the day off. I am a bit sore from yesterday's workout. I think I'll do some foam rolling, though. I am still getting my 10K+ steps in. I've been going for five days in a row and there are lots of push ups/slide planks in these workouts and one of my shoulders was a little sore while doing them. So, I'll listen to polite entreaties from my body to take a break before it starts shouting at me. Dinner tonight is curry rice noodles and veggies with marinated tofu. :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Good afternoon everyone! Hope you all are having a great day. Almost the weekend! Got my walking in outside yesterday with DH after work. It was a bit cool but we bundled up and got out there. Today, I am holding out to see if it is going to rain at dinnertime. Hopefully, we can get out and do our walk. I have got to work on my sodium intake when eating out better. My bp was up this morning at dtr visit. Going back to have it checked in 6 months. Hoping that I can be more active and really watch the eating and it will get down. Do not need another med to take. Asthma was good though so keeping with the plan. Tonight's dinner is broiled pork chops-no salt, only pepper with apple chutney-no sodium, whole wheat couscous, corn on the cob, and asparagus. :hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think I am taking the day off. I am a bit sore from yesterday's workout. I think I'll do some foam rolling, though. I am still getting my 10K+ steps in. I've been going for five days in a row and there are lots of push ups/slide planks in these workouts and one of my shoulders was a little sore while doing them. So, I'll listen to polite entreaties from my body to take a break before it starts shouting at me. Dinner tonight is curry rice noodles and veggies with marinated tofu. :)
I really need to remember to get one of those foam rollers. Another thing I keep forgetting to put on my shopping list:facepalm: At least I finally made a set of rice filled heating bags:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! The sun is out - for now. Storms called for this afternoon. At least the temps are going up. I am going to go downstairs and defrost my little freezer. It is a job that I have put off for long enough. DH out of town in a mtg all day so I won't be interrupted. Yoga day and walking. Dinner will be leftover turkey chili or baked cod with veggies. Have a great day! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was a bit worried about being able to do much today after all the leg work yesterday, but even after waking up still feeling just a twinge it quickly wore off. :joyfull: I did 5 LS miles and 5 outside:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: YEA spring! Lunch and dinner for me today were both salads because I didn't feel like cooking and my microwave gave out so no reheating for me. Thank goodness it's warm enough to have a smoothie and salad day and yea for having beans and a few veggies in the fridge already cooked:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was a bit worried about being able to do much today after all the leg work yesterday, but even after waking up still feeling just a twinge it quickly wore off. :joyfull: I did 5 LS miles and 5 outside:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: YEA spring! Lunch and dinner for me today were both salads because I didn't feel like cooking and my microwave gave out so no reheating for me. Thank goodness it's warm enough to have a smoothie and salad day and yea for having beans and a few veggies in the fridge already cooked:joyfull:

Are you getting a new microwave? I don't know what I'd do without mine! :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning seeing it's raining, I did 6 days in a row of really working out and I have to go shopping, today is mall walking and I'm hoping to get to a new PT practice today. The practice is about 30 minutes and doesn't look tough, so today would be a good day to try it:joyfull: as for food I'll see what looks good at the stores

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom