working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning! Well the sun is out but it is 33 cold degrees outside! :(
Weekend starts at noon. DH is taking the afternoon off. No cooking for me tonight!!
I am getting in all my step goals with my fitbit. I even hit over 15,000 yesterday and earned an urban boot badge!! It will be very interesting to see how I do when we return to WDW in May.
Everyone take care this weekend and let's all have some "me time". Have a great one!! :)
Sounds like you're going to have a fun weekend ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 5 LS miles, some ab work and round one of errand running done. The boys loved the chili/pasta combo, me not so much with all the lifting of heavy pots. Looking on the bright side I couldn't have done it a few days ago and I woke up today no worse for all the extra wear and tear. That being said I'm still trying to take it easy just in case. Have a great weekend one and all. xoxo

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No biggie, but, at work I've been taking the stairs, instead of the elevators a lot. I'm up on a third level in my building, and I'm up and down the stairs multiple times each day. (I'm trying to convince myself that this will help me get in a better fitness mode this year. That, along with the long walks I have to the bus, etc., twice daily, I'm probably doing the equivalent of at least one of those "walking" workout videos that you guys use.) ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
No biggie, but, at work I've been taking the stairs, instead of the elevators a lot. I'm up on a third level in my building, and I'm up and down the stairs multiple times each day. (I'm trying to convince myself that this will help me get in a better fitness mode this year. That, along with the long walks I have to the bus, etc., twice daily, I'm probably doing the equivalent of at least one of those "walking" workout videos that you guys use.) ;)
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You could always get one of those fir bits to know for sure. But if not the extra walking is great and stairs are great for your bum:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I had a change of plans and it seems I'll be out and about almost all day, so no "workout" for me. My dh wants to do some mall walking:joyfull: There's left over's in the fridge so we're packing lunch and spending the day out. I'm thinking my dh and the scale still aren't on speaking terms yet:cautious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had a change of plans and it seems I'll be out and about almost all day, so no "workout" for me. My dh wants to do some mall walking:joyfull: There's left over's in the fridge so we're packing lunch and spending the day out. I'm thinking my dh and the scale still aren't on speaking terms yet:cautious:

What kind of lunch do you pack to go to a mall? Do you bring lunch so that he won't be tempted to hit the fast food joints in the food court?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
What kind of lunch do you pack to go to a mall? Do you bring lunch so that he won't be tempted to hit the fast food joints in the food court?
Food courts are a big no, no with allergies so it would be the expensive allergy safe place the guys like that I wanted to avoid. I heated and packed leftovers(in insulated travel gear) for the boys and salads for myself and my dh. I also packed apples and carrots. I'm the only one who didn't finish their food.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! We had less than an inch of snow last night. Schools running two-hour delay. Roads are clear here.
Have lots of errands this week.
Weekend was busy with changing out some copper water lines to pex. Had dinner out and some down time.
Walking and weights are on schedule for today. Salmon and kale-quinoa salad for dinner.
Chloe still doing well. Still transitioning to the new cat food. Keeping fingers crossed her health keeps going up!
Hope you all have a great day!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning! We had less than an inch of snow last night. Schools running two-hour delay. Roads are clear here.
Weekend was busy with changing out some copper water lines to pex. Had dinner out and some down time.
Walking and weights are on schedule for today. Salmon and kale-quinoa salad for dinner.
Chloe still doing well. Still transitioning to the new cat food. Keeping fingers crossed her health keeps going up!
Sending prayers for Chloe's continued well being xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. Yesterday I went bike riding, note to self never again take @MinnieM123's advice about going out and trying to enjoy the great outdoors this time of year. It's hard to work up a sweat when it's in the 40s:cautious:(the :cautious: is for @Sans Souci). Today was 5 advanced miles LS I braved one pound weights for the first mile and so far so good. Lots of salad for me this week because spring mix, rocket and 4 packs of little specialty lettuces were on sale:) I bought so much I may chop and cook some of it:joyfull: For dinner I'm going to stir unfry some fennel, onion, garlic and squash with white beans and a light lemon sauce. Lots of lemon this week also because they were on sale:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

First of all, happy to hear that Chloe is doing better. :cat:

Do you buy kale-quinoa salad, or do you make it yourself? I haven't a clue how to make a kale/quinoa salad. o_O

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning some Jessica Smith HIIT to start me day. It was short and sweaty and seeing some carp will move in I'll do some LS instead of going out:( I may salad for lunch and dinner because it's pea soup night and I'm not in the mood and I'm out of left overs. Note to self make some quinoa as soon as the house is empty

93boomer

Premium Member
First of all, happy to hear that Chloe is doing better. :cat:

Do you buy kale-quinoa salad, or do you make it yourself? I haven't a clue how to make a kale/quinoa salad. o_O
Thanks!!!
I make it. It is very easy! Just buy lacinato kale-the skinny leaf one. You thinly slice it after removing the tough ribs, then add cooked quinoa, sliced grapes, and a citrus dressing. For 2 people- 3 c kale, 1c quinoa, 1/2 c sliced grapes. Dressing is 2 T olive oil, 1 T lemon juice, 1 T orange juice, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, dash of salt and pepper. Put in jar with lid and shake well. Use 2 T on salad for two.
I top the salad with some kind of fish but chicken would also be good. You can change the salad and replace grapes with tomatoes, add doe spinach to the kale. Then dressing make a red wine vinaigrette.
It is a good way to use kale. :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning some Jessica Smith HIIT to start me day. It was short and sweaty and seeing some carp will move in I'll do some LS instead of going out:( I may salad for lunch and dinner because it's pea soup night and I'm not in the mood and I'm out of left overs. Note to self make some quinoa as soon as the house is empty
Quinoa is so versatile. It is my go to grain to add other things to at the last minute. I like to see how many different dishes I can make with it!

Sans Souci

Hello-

I've been busy with stuff here at home, but I have been working out. My husband went back to Illinois last Friday to talk to someone to make improvements to our house that is for sale. Hopefully, once they are completed, the house will then sell.

I have been feeling kind of down, so I met with my doctor and he increased my dosage of my anti-depressant. I hope it works.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I've been busy with stuff here at home, but I have been working out. My husband went back to Illinois last Friday to talk to someone to make improvements to our house that is for sale. Hopefully, once they are completed, the house will then sell.

I have been feeling kind of down, so I met with my doctor and he increased my dosage of my anti-depressant. I hope it works.
Sympathy like. I hope you feel better with the change in meds xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom