working out for Disney

epcotisbest

Good morning and it's a dance cardio day for me. LS walk to the hits radio remix is done and later I'm going to either do Cize or LS party hiits later. No way I'm going out to walk in slippery conditions. The only good thing about being stuck inside one child short is I'll be able to get a few days ahead with my cooking. I think I've mentioned before my dh is trying to drop some weight so I do have to head outside today:mad::arghh::cautious::banghead: and grill some chicken for his lunch salads. I'll even be nice and marinate them in some tomato paste, balsamic, garlic, onion powder and just a bit of oregano and basil, come to think of it that does sound good. edit I'll also do some tofu like that on the grill:hungry:

I really like grilled chicken chopped up in a nice salad. Your marinade sounds good.

epcotisbest

Good morning and it's a dance cardio day for me. LS walk to the hits radio remix is done and later I'm going to either do Cize or LS party hiits later. No way I'm going out to walk in slippery conditions. The only good thing about being stuck inside one child short is I'll be able to get a few days ahead with my cooking. I think I've mentioned before my dh is trying to drop some weight so I do have to head outside today:mad::arghh::cautious::banghead: and grill some chicken for his lunch salads. I'll even be nice and marinate them in some tomato paste, balsamic, garlic, onion powder and just a bit of oregano and basil, come to think of it that does sound good. edit I'll also do some tofu like that on the grill:hungry:

I did something similar in that I grilled some extra chicken today for lunches next week as yesterday's Peri-Peri thighs are gone. Can't find them, don't know where they went.
I am guessing it was warmer here out on the deck grilling than it was up there, as it is currently 75, so nice day for grilling. This time I made thighs with some Weber Kickin' Chicken and Weber Low Salt Chicken Seasoning which adds a nice flavor.
Here is a pic of my remote thermometer showing how it cycles between two channels, showing the internal meat temp, then the grill temp. I also have a pic showing the probes, circled in yellow. I have a little remote receiver that shows the temps, so I just carry it around and monitor both temps from anywhere in the house, or in my case today, from the swing on the screened-in porch. You can also set it up with alarms, so if the grill temp gets too high, or low, it will alert you with a beep so you can make adjustments if you need to. It will also alert you when the food reaches the desired internal temp, so it makes grilling fairly precise. Anyway, just thought I would share a little about my chicken grilling method.

kickin thighs2.jpg
kickin chicken3.jpg
kickin thighs.jpg
temp monitor.jpg

epcotisbest

One more thing and I will shut the heck up. While grilling, I hung out on the porch rereading a book I read several years ago called The Shack. It is very interesting and the reason I decided to reread it is because while at the movies yesterday they showed a preview of the movie made from the book. It is called The Shack as well and is supposed to be coming out in March. From the preview, it looks to have a lot of potential, so we might just have to go back to the movies again soon. Still won't buy the crazy priced popcorn though.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Honestly, I like the taste (and smell - that is how they lure you in) of that theater junk, but yeah, certainly over-salted and who knows what that stuff they call butter actually is.
over processed junk there's a reason they call it flavor:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious: I'm most certain it was developed by IFF(international flavors and fragrances) which gets sued quite often and I'll leave it at that.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Even though I have been absent, I have still been working out. :)

I've been dealing with someone who gives me the silent treatment when I do something wrong. Even though I apologize, they still ignore me. Then when they decide the "treatment" has gone on long enough, they start taking to me like nothing is wrong. It hurts and it makes me worthless. I could look at them the wrong way and they go into the silent treatment. :cry:

Friday, I was in my kitchen and I heard this loud "whoooooosh" sound in my crawl space. I went to look at my crawl space there was water shooting out of a pipe sideways. :jawdrop: Luckily, my husband works a mile and half away. He figured out where to shut off the water to the house. I live on a corner and all last week, a construction crew was working on that side of the house in the street. My house was shaking from the machinery. The plumber thought maybe the seal has been degrading and the construction vibration hastened its demise. Then the pipe shot off from the pressure of the water. It's a good thing I was home. :hilarious:

Sans Souci

We went to the movies tonight. Have not been in awhile, mainly because most recent movies don't seem very interesting and nine bucks for a small popcorn and small drink combo just irks me.
We saw Hidden Figures and it is a fantastic movie. I highly recommend it. One of the best movies we have seen in a long time.

I want to see this. I am thinking of going later on today.

Sans Souci

Let me know how you liked it. We thought it was a very entertaining, interesting, well made movie.
Oh, nice new avatar. A movie star I don't recognize maybe?

I didn't go. My husband started painting a room and got caught up in that. He's off Friday, so maybe we'll go then.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm flattered, but I don't think anyone would ever mistake me for a move star. :)

StarWarsGirl

I wanna share something that has been huge for me in my goals to be more active and in better shape...

Part of my motivation for getting back in shape was that I knew I was going on a big, three week trip that began in Disneyland and then went to WDW. I knew that would be a LOT of walking and not a lot of resting, especially in Disneyland, and I decided I did not want my vacation to be ruined because I'm not in shape.

Every Disney trip, I've had some sort of soreness. Sometimes, it's gotten so bad that I start looking for benches and rides where I can sit down for a bit. It's not fun.

Well, I'm now on that trip, several days into the WDW portion, and guess what? I'm not sore at all. I was a bit sore in Disneyland, but it was more because I was pulling 11-14 hour days there, and so I'd be sore by the end of the day, but by the next morning, I'd be up like the Enegizer bunny. My friend who was with me, who is stick thin, was having more trouble with the walking than I was.

Now that I'm in the WDW portion and my days are shorter, I'm not sore at all. I walk around the parks all day, and I come back tired, but I'm not sore at all.

I'm hoping to have dropped a few pounds when I get back, but this is huge for me. I think that ability is far more important than the number on the scale, and going to DL and WDW and not being the least bit sore at the end of the day is a huge deal for me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wanna share something that has been huge for me in my goals to be more active and in better shape...

Part of my motivation for getting back in shape was that I knew I was going on a big, three week trip that began in Disneyland and then went to WDW. I knew that would be a LOT of walking and not a lot of resting, especially in Disneyland, and I decided I did not want my vacation to be ruined because I'm not in shape.

Every Disney trip, I've had some sort of soreness. Sometimes, it's gotten so bad that I start looking for benches and rides where I can sit down for a bit. It's not fun.

Well, I'm now on that trip, several days into the WDW portion, and guess what? I'm not sore at all. I was a bit sore in Disneyland, but it was more because I was pulling 11-14 hour days there, and so I'd be sore by the end of the day, but by the next morning, I'd be up like the Enegizer bunny. My friend who was with me, who is stick thin, was having more trouble with the walking than I was.

Now that I'm in the WDW portion and my days are shorter, I'm not sore at all. I walk around the parks all day, and I come back tired, but I'm not sore at all.

I'm hoping to have dropped a few pounds when I get back, but this is huge for me. I think that ability is far more important than the number on the scale, and going to DL and WDW and not being the least bit sore at the end of the day is a huge deal for me.

That's excellent!! Good for you, and keep up the good work.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

Have fun and way to go!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning yesterday I did some easy yoga before heading out for a very full day of shopping, mostly walking with window shopping but with the crazy weather any excuse to get out. :D Today started with 5 LS miles because I'm sure it won't be safe to walk outside today:(:cold::coldfeet::cry: ice again:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: The pea soup is already in the slow cooker so I'll have time for some yoga later. I'd really rather do yoga or get my weights in before my steps but this time of year it doesn't happen often:(

epcotisbest

Congratulations on the improved stamina and ability to be up again the next day like the Energizer Bunny. Hope it is a great trip.

epcotisbest

Had a huge breakfast this morning using some of the leftover Peri-Peri chicken. It was very good. It is still unseasonably warm here, and this morning is drizzly with fog. My wife drives a lot and she has a long commute to two different offices today and I sometimes worry myself sick when she is out on the road, especially when it is this foggy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom