working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That reminds me of something funny that happened last weekend with our snow and ice.
Stone Mountain Park in Atlanta started doing this thing a few years ago called Snow Mountain. They make snow and spray it out over the little hill there in front of the mountain and have snow tubing, snowman making, etc...
People pay good money to come out and slide down the always melting hill of slippery, cold stuff.
Saturday, Snow Mountain was closed...because of snow. You can't make this stuff up. :eek:

:hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. I felt a bit lazy this morning so just a but of weights with Jessica Smith. It's in the 40s so my group is going walking and then I'm going shopping with one of them.(mall, bookstore, Walmart, Wegman's and maybe Sam's and Shoprite) We both have to go to most of them so it makes more sense to just go together and save some gas money:joyfull: It seems the ice is also going to miss me. Like I've mentioned before our local weather person is a :brb: all hair no brains. :hilarious:

epcotisbest

The trip to the world's busiest airport yesterday evening was an adventure. Let's just say what could have been a 3-4 hour round trip took seven. Traffic nightmare all the way through then back through Atlanta, with nighttime lane closure for construction work north of Atlanta.
Plus Thursday evening arrivals are so busy it took almost an hour for her just to taxi to the gate then get off the stupid plane and gather luggage. I was able to find a parking spot just two rows from the terminal entrance in hourly parking, so that was good. Usually have to ride around and hunt for a spot.
Gotta schedule flights at a much later arrival time to avoid all that. I would much rather be there at midnight than anywhere near rush hour. Not sure why it is even called rush hour. It is more "stopped in the middle of the road and creeping along at near zero mph for two hours hour," but that is a bit lengthy of a name I suppose.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

I rarely post things on topic here in the working out thread, so I thought I would continue that tradition by posting a pic I just took while having a bite of lunch. Looked out on the deck and noticed a squirrel in a flower pot on the deck railing. It is just hanging out for no apparent reason. Poor quality photo taken through the window and screen. Don't even know why I am sharing this other than it struck me as odd.

squirell.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I rarely post things on topic here in the working out thread, so I thought I would continue that tradition by posting a pic I just took while having a bite of lunch. Looked out on the deck and noticed a squirrel in a flower pot on the deck railing. It is just hanging out for no apparent reason. Poor quality photo taken through the window and screen. Don't even know why I am sharing this other than it struck me as odd.

View attachment 184336
Cute animal pics are always welcome and sorry to hear about the never ending traffic in Atlanta

Goofyernmost

View attachment 184336
Check the pot... there is a good chance that there is some nut of some kind hidden in there. I find it funny. I watch them hide stuff all the time and have yet to see them dig one up. I have seen them looking like they were searching, but, couldn't quite remember where they left it.

Goofyernmost

It's a good thing my boys and I like radishes because I got them 3 pounds for a dollar:joyfull: I sort of corned the market on them and a few other goodies today:geek:
I'm the only one in my family that likes radishes, so I hardly ever have them. I bought a vegetable tray for a Christmas get together and made sure there was an ample supply of radishes. I ended bringing most of them home and had radishes for a couple weeks.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm the only one in my family that likes radishes, so I hardly ever have them. I bought a vegetable tray for a Christmas get together and made sure there was an ample supply of radishes. I ended bringing most of them home and had radishes for a couple weeks.
Do you only eat them raw or do you also cook with them? I add them to soups and stews for a bit of zip:hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

View attachment 184336

I always like your pictures, and look forward to seeing what you post, even when they're not food! ;)

On the topic of the traffic to and from your airport, that's a common problem. And, "rush hour" is pretty much all day around my area, too, and it's obnoxious. We are very fortunate that we have a dedicated bus line not far from where I live, that goes directly down the highway into Logan International--the bus service is very good and it saves people the stress of driving in and around an overly congested airport. The bus is efficient, and drops you off at the curb of your airline check-in. It's a $12 fare, and $22 if you buy a round trip. :) Worth every penny!!

epcotisbest

I posted pics of the Peri Peri wings the other day and liked them so much I made Peri Peri thighs today. The pic with the flare up came out pretty good. I marinated these thighs in the Peri Peri Sauce for about three hours before grilling them for lunch. Very moist, tender and flavorful.
The two in the front are marinated in a roasted red pepper Italian dressing because someone was afraid the peri peri may be too hot for her liking. It did have some kick to it, but nothing extreme, mostly flavorful heat.

peri peri thighs.jpg

peri peri  thighs2.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I posted pics of the Peri Peri wings the other day and liked them so much I made Peri Peri thighs today. The pic with the flare up came out pretty good. I marinated these thighs in the Peri Peri Sauce for about three hours before grilling them for lunch. Very moist, tender and flavorful.
The two in the front are marinated in a roasted red pepper Italian dressing because someone was afraid the peri peri may be too hot for her liking. It did have some kick to it, but nothing extreme, mostly flavorful heat.

View attachment 184426

View attachment 184427

Those look delicious--I hope you saved me one! :hungry: By the way, I immediately saw the flare-up in the photo -- great catch with your camera!! :)

epcotisbest

We went to the movies tonight. Have not been in awhile, mainly because most recent movies don't seem very interesting and nine bucks for a small popcorn and small drink combo just irks me.
We saw Hidden Figures and it is a fantastic movie. I highly recommend it. One of the best movies we have seen in a long time.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
We went to the movies tonight. Have not been in awhile, mainly because most recent movies don't seem very interesting and nine bucks for a small popcorn and small drink combo just irks me.
We saw Hidden Figures and it is a fantastic movie. I highly recommend it. One of the best movies we have seen in a long time.
That's near the top of my must see list but I'm going to wait for it to come out on DVD. I can buy one for less than it costs fir us to go to the theater so we don't do that too often.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning and it's a dance cardio day for me. LS walk to the hits radio remix is done and later I'm going to either do Cize or LS party hiits later. No way I'm going out to walk in slippery conditions. The only good thing about being stuck inside one child short is I'll be able to get a few days ahead with my cooking. I think I've mentioned before my dh is trying to drop some weight so I do have to head outside today:mad::arghh::cautious::banghead: and grill some chicken for his lunch salads. I'll even be nice and marinate them in some tomato paste, balsamic, garlic, onion powder and just a bit of oregano and basil, come to think of it that does sound good. edit I'll also do some tofu like that on the grill:hungry:

epcotisbest

That's near the top of my must see list but I'm going to wait for it to come out on DVD. I can buy one for less than it costs fir us to go to the theater so we don't do that too often.

Hidden Figures is very good. Get it and enjoy when it comes out on DVD. I'm sure a movie night out for a family gets expensive quick.
While we don't go to the movies often, when we do, we never get the popcorn anymore because they just try to gouge you on snack prices. I'm sure that is where they actually make their money, but it seems to me if the prices were more reasonable, we would get some popcorn and drinks every visit, assuring they would get a small profit on us each visit. Since they have gone up so much on snack prices, we simply don't get them, assuring they get zero profit on snacks from us.
I guess they make enough on the high margin popcorn and drinks that they don't miss what we quit spending. Seems a smaller profit every time over no profit every time would be better in the long run. Maybe I am just confused on the economics of movie theater operations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom