working out for Disney

Lilofan

Hello-

I did a very boring glute workout yesterday and went for a walk. I tried to go for a walk today, but it started raining about a quarter way through. TBH, my stomach didn't feel great today. I don't know if it's the heat, but I am not hungry and I felt like I was hungover when I woke up and I haven't had any alcohol in a couple of weeks. I have been drinking loads of water in case I am dehydrated. I am really struggling to stay hydrated this summer.

I changed hotels (again) for my husband's conference. We were booked at Delta Hotel by Marriott in Kissimmee/Celebration, but I'd been keeping an eye on the reviews in the Marriott app and there were a lot of complaints about dirty rooms. It looked like a decent hotel otherwise. So, I found a good deal at Sheraton Vistana Resort. It was the same price as the Delta, but this is a 1 bedroom villa with a full kitchen and a screened in balcony. I can make a nice breakfast for myself. There was a deal for Bonvoy members of a certain level to get double the points. I know it's a timeshare, but my husband is going to be at the conference from 9-5 and I am not sitting through a presentation. I have stayed here twice and it's pretty nice, but it's massive. lol
Orlando forecasting rain for the next several days. Not good for vacationers. Keep dry!

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a barbell workout this AM and I got out for a walk before it got too hot.

I don't know if this gross or not. I'd been doing online searches fora foundation for oily skin and I kept getting Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation. I remembered I had a bottle I'd used 2-3 times max. I bought it when I was going to flight attendant interviews and I needed something that would look fresh for 4-5 hours. I think the only reason I didn't keep using it was because there was no SPF in it and I prefer an all-in-one. (I did find one I liked, but Clinique discontinued it.) Anyway, I got the bottle out and it looked ok, there was no separation and it smelled normal. At first, I just wanted to see of the color was good, thinking I'd buy a new bottle in this color if it matched. I put it on and it stayed on, it did not separate on my oily skin. It did not oxidize and it looked very matte. I've worn it about 3 times since then and I haven't any breakouts or rashes. A new bottle is $52 and a pump is $13, but you can buy cheap ones on Amazon. I am wondering if I should just keep this bottle? The only thing that grosses me out is I bought it in 2019 (Please don't judge me.). Part of me wants to buy a new bottle and part of me thinks I should just use this one. If it looked and smelled off, I would have discarded it immediately, but it honestly looks fine and it performs well on my face. Maybe I should just buy a new one. lol

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I don't know if this gross or not. I'd been doing online searches fora foundation for oily skin and I kept getting Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation. I remembered I had a bottle I'd used 2-3 times max. I bought it when I was going to flight attendant interviews and I needed something that would look fresh for 4-5 hours. I think the only reason I didn't keep using it was because there was no SPF in it and I prefer an all-in-one. (I did find one I liked, but Clinique discontinued it.) Anyway, I got the bottle out and it looked ok, there was no separation and it smelled normal. At first, I just wanted to see of the color was good, thinking I'd buy a new bottle in this color if it matched. I put it on and it stayed on, it did not separate on my oily skin. It did not oxidize and it looked very matte. I've worn it about 3 times since then and I haven't any breakouts or rashes. A new bottle is $52 and a pump is $13, but you can buy cheap ones on Amazon. I am wondering if I should just keep this bottle? The only thing that grosses me out is I bought it in 2019 (Please don't judge me.). Part of me wants to buy a new bottle and part of me thinks I should just use this one. If it looked and smelled off, I would have discarded it immediately, but it honestly looks fine and it performs well on my face. Maybe I should just buy a new one. lol
Might be just the luck of the draw, and your bottle might still be o.k., but I'd still be hesitant. (If it were me, though, I'd buy a new one, regardless. If the old bottle had been sealed until now, that might be different.)

Sans Souci

Might be just the luck of the draw, and your bottle might still be o.k., but I'd still be hesitant. (If it were me, though, I'd buy a new one, regardless. If the old bottle had been sealed until now, that might be different.)

You're right. My gut was telling me no, but I just hate being wasteful. Five years is too long, considering I throw other cosmetics out after 2-3 months. I can't believe I thought this is OK to even consider. :oops:

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀️

I did a circuit workout that was eight reps of eight exercises, eight times through. 💦 Phew, it was sweaty, but I felt great afterwards.

My husband is supposed to go to New Orleans for work tomorrow for a team building thing. The entire agency is going there, so it's like thousands of people from all over the country descending on the city. My husband has been complaining about going since he found out it was going to be 100F three days of his trip. I think his prayers may have been answered, because Debby is going to hit us Friday night into Sat night. It's the wind and gusts that can slow take offs and landings. Plus you have to worry about crew timing out and finding another crew if you are delayed too long. So, he is trying to get out Friday AM, instead of late afternoon. I asked him to bring me a deck of cool New Orleans-themed tarot cards for my collection while he is there and he asked me "Would they have those in New Orleans?" 😂

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You're right. My gut was telling me no, but I just hate being wasteful. Five years is too long, considering I throw other cosmetics out after 2-3 months. I can't believe I thought this is OK to even consider. :oops:
I completely understand. Cosmetics are ridiculously priced, and it's hard to throw out a bottle that has more product still inside.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today's workout was a jump rope/strength training that focused on the back. I'm not going to lie, it was very boring, but it's done! I was going to go for a walk, but it's just nasty outside. Your skin feels tacky when you step outside and there is no breeze. 🤢 Hard pass. Plus, it's been really dark here and it looks like it can downpour at any minute.

My husband left for his team building trip. It looks like the storm has been tracking west of Philadelphia. I think he's going to stay for the entire conference. We're still getting forecasts like we are getting the storm, but maybe that will change as we get closer to Friday. We're not in the path. So, fingers crossed for agreeable weather.

I am making air fryer orange tofu with broccoli and rice for dinner tonight. The tofu is made in the air fryer, the orange sauce (and broccoli) in the microwave and the rice on the stove top. It's very simple and I am not heating up my kitchen.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a leg workout and I was able to sneak out for a long walk in between rain showers today.

My husband's been texting me about his trip. Before he got on the plane, he found out there was a boil water notice in NO. They gave him a single bottle of water when he checked in at his hotel and he drank it all because it's 100F. He had to buy more water to drink and to brush his teeth. So he is not shaving and he is using hand sanitizer after washing his hands. I hope he doesn't get ill.

Lilofan

Hello-

I did a leg workout and I was able to sneak out for a long walk in between rain showers today.

My husband's been texting me about his trip. Before he got on the plane, he found out there was a boil water notice in NO. They gave him a single bottle of water when he checked in at his hotel and he drank it all because it's 100F. He had to buy more water to drink and to brush his teeth. So he is not shaving and he is using hand sanitizer after washing his hands. I hope he doesn't get ill.
Wow that's going to be a challenge to go out to eat since no guarantee all food and drink is used with boiled water . Perhaps buy microwavable food and bottle water to drink.

Sans Souci

Wow that's going to be a challenge to go out to eat since no guarantee all food and drink is used with boiled water . Perhaps buy microwavable food and bottle water to drink.

I am guessing the restaurants have some sort of purification? I hope they do. I get the feeling this happens a lot there. This conference thing has been a boondoggle. It was originally supposed to be held in May in Washington, DC. Someone thought they could save money, so they canceled it and rebooked this team-building thing for August in New Orleans. My husband said people were complaining because they could not get non-stops to NO, so that is not cost-effective. They needed to hire private buses to take everyone to the hotel where the conference is, because the area is sketchy. In Washington, a lot of people live near by, so that is fewer people who need hotel rooms, a lot more can take Amtrak in and it's easier to fly into non-stop because it's a hub city. It's false economy.

My husband always ends up spending OOP on work trips. He has to pay for extra leg room seats, because he's 6'4''. Work won't approve it. He has to ask to even pay for the upgrade. When he went to Dublin in June, he spent $400 r/t so he could sit in Main Cabin Extra. It's not like he wants to sit in business or even premium economy. He needs the room in the main cabin. He's paid for it on this trip and I think that's why he's hesitant to leave early because of the storm. He will lose that money and likely not be able to get an extra leg room seat. He is supposed to go on a three week work trip to India, but he said no. He's not paying to upgrade and he's not going to contort himself in a coach seat for 18 hours.

Lilofan

I am guessing the restaurants have some sort of purification? I hope they do. I get the feeling this happens a lot there. This conference thing has been a boondoggle. It was originally supposed to be held in May in Washington, DC. Someone thought they could save money, so they canceled it and rebooked this team-building thing for August in New Orleans. My husband said people were complaining because they could not get non-stops to NO, so that is not cost-effective. They needed to hire private buses to take everyone to the hotel where the conference is, because the area is sketchy. In Washington, a lot of people live near by, so that is fewer people who need hotel rooms, a lot more can take Amtrak in and it's easier to fly into non-stop because it's a hub city. It's false economy.

My husband always ends up spending OOP on work trips. He has to pay for extra leg room seats, because he's 6'4''. Work won't approve it. He has to ask to even pay for the upgrade. When he went to Dublin in June, he spent $400 r/t so he could sit in Main Cabin Extra. It's not like he wants to sit in business or even premium economy. He needs the room in the main cabin. He's paid for it on this trip and I think that's why he's hesitant to leave early because of the storm. He will lose that money and likely not be able to get an extra leg room seat. He is supposed to go on a three week work trip to India, but he said no. He's not paying to upgrade and he's not going to contort himself in a coach seat for 18 hours.
I know some in the restaurant business. I’ve never heard of a water purification process in kitchens. That’s a terrible situation to be in in a major city boil water alert. My ol’ college roommate family is from India. He said every single time he goes to visit he gets sick.

Sans Souci

I know some in the restaurant business. I’ve never heard of a water purification process in kitchens. That’s a terrible situation to be in in a major city boil water alert. My ol’ college roommate family is from India. He said every single time he goes to visit he gets sick.

I don't know how the restaurants down there do it then. He went out to dinner with people from work last night and was eating and drinking. I'm curious how they handle that. My husband went to India for work when he worked in the private sector. His workplace had an in-house clinic where they gave him sorts of shots before he went and was told not to drink water. He was doing well until he ordered an iced coffee and forgot about the ice. 🤢 He wasn't right for a few weeks, either and he didn't want to eat Indian food for a long time and he loves Indian food.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today I did a chest, abs, bicep and tricep workout. I also got out for a walk before the heavy winds hit. The humidity was nasty, but there was a nice breeze, at least. It wasn't too bad here, just some wind gusts and not a lot of rain. I think the wind is done for the day. I can't wait until the humidity leaves, too.

My husband is trying to make it back. Everything is snarled. His flight to O'Hare was delayed, which means he had to rebook on the next flight to PHL out of O'Hare. That flight is coming from La Guardia, which is probably getting the winds we had here. If he gets stuck there tonight, he has options. He can call my mom or he can get a cheap room near the airport for the night. I am watching this on Flight Aware. Such a fun way to spend a Friday night! 😂

Songbird76

It doesn't bother me that he goes out, I think he actually does go to CVS or the supermarket, but I think he goes to McDonald's, too. He's a big meat eater and I am not, I try to use lean proteins when I cook, but he needs more to feel full I guess. I think he does like what I make, it's just not filling enough for him. I just make these meals when he's gone, which is basically every week. lol
See that's the thing I don't get....it's generally carbs that make you feel more full, not meat. I think my husband EXPECTS that it won't fill him up, or that he won't be as satisfied without the meat, so he THINKS he's not. But the reality is my husband is a huge snacker. He loves chips, nuts, cheese, sausage....we go through a LOT of snack foods and E and I are not the ones eating them. We'll have movie nights where we'll eat a lot of snacks, but not on a daily basis, and my husband gets upset if things sit in the pantry too long. Like, it's REALLY hard to get crunchy cheetos here. It's only been in the last couple of years that we could get them at all, and it's been a trick to find them. So when we DO find them, we buy multiple bags and we try to save them for when we are really jonesing. But DH will get mad that that bag of cheetos has been sitting there for "months" (he says this even if it's only been 2-3 weeks) and says if WE aren't going to eat them, HE is because he's tired of them taking up space. And then we have to tell him if he eats them, he's in big trouble, because we can't just go to the grocery store and pick up another bag like he can with potato chips or peanuts. But he's also one who can eat an entire bag of chips in one sitting, where E and I will take several days to finish that bag of cheetos with BOTH of us eating them. So I think my husband just wants an excuse to snack, and he says the vegetarian dishes aren't as filling so he can justify eating that entire bag of chips (which also have no meat in them). We had a vegetable rendang last night (E and I did) and I don't miss meat in that dish at ALL. It's SOOOO good. But we only make that when he's not eating with us, because he will complain that there's no meat in it.

Songbird76

I wonder what happened to her that her personality changed so drastically in such little time? She sounds like an absolute nightmare! Can she be fired? She sounds like a bad apple--saying F you at work, I mean, really. The non-stop complaining and acting like she is the manager would send me around the bend. I guess I am just surprised she is telling a coworker F you, putting her hands on another and shaking her--WTH? I hope you can hold tight the next few weeks. I understand where you're coming from. I had a store manager who was insanely abusive when I worked at Starbucks. She would throw the pitchers at Frappuccinos are made in at us, the box of Saran Wrap at us. I used to dread working with her. I felt like I was walking on eggshells working a shift with her. It was one of my first days out of training and someone ordered a Frappuccino and I was still memorizing the drink recipes. I accidentally put whipped cream on an order that didn't want whipped cream on it. She caught it and she asked me if I was f-ing r-word. All I had to do was take a spoon and spoon it off--crisis averted. I am sure I am not the first person to do that and not the last. I knew then and there I was going to leave after the holidays and I did.
Oh, we're pretty sure she's not going to make it through the trial period. There's a 2 month trial period in which either the employer or the employee can call it off without notice. She's almost through it, but they have to have a conversation before the end of it to decide if she's going to stay. We're pretty sure she'd have already been shown the door if it weren't vacation period. Someone has to work those hours or no one can go on vacation, and since we all have a legal right to vacation, we need her for now. The boss is back on Tuesday, so it shouldn't be long now. Yesterday, the girl walked up to Ramona and starts rubbing her shoulders. Ramona tensed up and Bissan asks her if it feels good, and Ramona says "Not really", but she didn't stop. Rana told me Bissan does that to her, too and it makes her really uncomfortable. I was taking over for Ramona, and Bissan says "You guys need to switch over the cash register." and Ramona says with a completely straight face "No, really? I had no idea!" Ramona is the assisstant manager. She's the one who's in charge while the boss is on vacation. And Bissan says to me "I don't have to clean up tonight!" and I said "What do you mean?" and she says "I only work until 6" and I said "I know, but we start cleaning up at 5." She says "No, 6." and I said 5, and she starts arguing, saying we don't need that long, etc. She just has no clue. I had to go get her out of break after it had been a little over 30 minutes, and I reminded her a couple of times that she's not allowed to go to the bathroom outside of her break. Ramona has caught her with her phone in her pocket, which she's not allowed to have on the work floor, and she'll take 20 minutes in the bathroom, so we're pretty sure she's just taking her phone in there, not actually going to the bathroom, so she's not supposed to go to the bathroom unless it's her break. So now she makes excuses...she thinks she's going to throw up, she has her period, her stomach is upset, etc. I'm hoping with the boss back, she will have some interviews lined up. She opened up a listing before she went on vacation, so hopefully we can replace Bissan quickly and be done with it.

That's awful about your manager at starbucks. I think you've mentioned her before. I had a boss who yelled at me because a whole bunch of people had up and quit on her and she didn't have enough people left to cover all the shifts. She's screaming at me like it's my fault, and she wonders why people are leaving left and right. Gee, I wonder.

Songbird76

Hello-

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Although to be fair, this is coming from a woman who only wears makeup maybe 5 times a year and I mostly don't even use foundation, just a bit of eye makeup and maybe lipstick if I'm going to be on stage. I'm not an expert on makeup by any stretch. I HAVE a bottle of foundation that I occassionally use, but I think I bought it when I still lived in the states and that was over 20 years ago. So.....no judgement here for sure. I think makeup is a pain in the patootie, and I really have no clue how to pick a new one if I needed to, so I just don't. I do replace my mascara probably yearly to avoid pinkeye, but other than that, I have the same stuff that I bought in college for concerts because stage lights wash you out. I totally get not wanting to mess with a new one if you don't have to.

Lilofan

I completely understand. Cosmetics are ridiculously priced, and it's hard to throw out a bottle that has more product still inside.
Back in the day I was going out with a girl who had permanent eyeliner I didn't know that was possible. I would think that's one less item to put on since its permanent and don't have to buy more supplies in the long run.

Sans Souci

Oh, we're pretty sure she's not going to make it through the trial period. There's a 2 month trial period in which either the employer or the employee can call it off without notice. She's almost through it, but they have to have a conversation before the end of it to decide if she's going to stay. We're pretty sure she'd have already been shown the door if it weren't vacation period. Someone has to work those hours or no one can go on vacation, and since we all have a legal right to vacation, we need her for now. The boss is back on Tuesday, so it shouldn't be long now. Yesterday, the girl walked up to Ramona and starts rubbing her shoulders. Ramona tensed up and Bissan asks her if it feels good, and Ramona says "Not really", but she didn't stop. Rana told me Bissan does that to her, too and it makes her really uncomfortable. I was taking over for Ramona, and Bissan says "You guys need to switch over the cash register." and Ramona says with a completely straight face "No, really? I had no idea!" Ramona is the assisstant manager. She's the one who's in charge while the boss is on vacation. And Bissan says to me "I don't have to clean up tonight!" and I said "What do you mean?" and she says "I only work until 6" and I said "I know, but we start cleaning up at 5." She says "No, 6." and I said 5, and she starts arguing, saying we don't need that long, etc. She just has no clue. I had to go get her out of break after it had been a little over 30 minutes, and I reminded her a couple of times that she's not allowed to go to the bathroom outside of her break. Ramona has caught her with her phone in her pocket, which she's not allowed to have on the work floor, and she'll take 20 minutes in the bathroom, so we're pretty sure she's just taking her phone in there, not actually going to the bathroom, so she's not supposed to go to the bathroom unless it's her break. So now she makes excuses...she thinks she's going to throw up, she has her period, her stomach is upset, etc. I'm hoping with the boss back, she will have some interviews lined up. She opened up a listing before she went on vacation, so hopefully we can replace Bissan quickly and be done with it.

That's awful about your manager at starbucks. I think you've mentioned her before. I had a boss who yelled at me because a whole bunch of people had up and quit on her and she didn't have enough people left to cover all the shifts. She's screaming at me like it's my fault, and she wonders why people are leaving left and right. Gee, I wonder.

I just cannot get over that she can't keep her hands to herself.--she's an adult! This is would send me into a rage. I hate when people I don't know touch me uninvited. Is she just immature and maybe needs your boss to sit down with her and tell her it's inappropriate to touch other people and there is an expectation to be a team player?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom