Words of Inspiration

fmingo36

Original Poster
Happy Friday Everyone!

"My biggest piece of advice to first time marathoners:enjoy yourself and have fun. Most people can't believe I would put fun and marathon in the same sentence, but the training is the difficult part. The race is the reward for all the months of hard work and sacrifice."-Melissa McCarthy

fmingo36

Original Poster
ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

"At least 99 percent of running is just showing up, getting out there and putting one foot in front of the other."-John Hanc

fmingo36

Original Poster
6 more days-

"The eternal challenge of any marathoner-old or young, fast or slow, male or female-is to finish. To accomplish this, every runner must increase his own capacity for pain."-Joe Falls

fmingo36

Original Poster
With this running sub-form, I have to believe that some friendships have began. I look forward to meeting you all Saturday evening.

I think we can all appreciate today's quote.

"When you get down to it, it's the people you get to meet. If you want to tell the most about a person in the fewest words, simple say, "He's (or she's-my edit to the quote;)) a runner."-Paul Fetscher

fmingo36

Original Poster
Today's goal for me is finish packing!!! We leave for WDW in 3 days :sohappy:

"It's the training that gets you to the starting line. It's the pacing and energy management that gets you to the finish line."-Kenneth Harkless

fmingo36

Original Poster
Another great Jeff Galloway quote with only 3 days to go till Marathon Day!

"Finishing a marathon forces everyone to bring mind and body together and reach for extra resources from the power of the human spirit."-Jeff Galloway

fmingo36

Original Poster
Today is my last quote before the Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon. (My car is packed and I'm heading to my favorite place in the World as soon as I shut the computer down :sohappy:)

I hope you enjoyed the quotes of the last month or so, and I hope they did provide some inspiration.

HAVE A GREAT RACE!!!

"For all of us, the miracle isn't that we finish, the miracle is that we have the courage to start"-John "The Penguin"Bingham

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom