Wordle

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
No judging, because I has huge doubts after my second guess if I would get this one! But how bizarre - it is wordle number 222 for you but 223 for me (thanks to the spoiler that I don’t know how to do I can see it is the same solution). I‘ve been playing for several weeks with two friends and one of them was in Japan when we started and our game numbers (and solutions) always matched up. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Unfortunately due to the different numbering, I felt safe looking at the solution for 222, but two hours later when I played, that ended up being 223 for me, so I got it on the second word, having ruled out three wrong vowels on my first guess. Oh well, not a deliberate cheat, or I would have got it in one. 😂

2DE457AF-DDE0-4727-9E7C-7D3509164066.png

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Unfortunately due to the different numbering, I felt safe looking at the solution for 222, but two hours later when I played, that ended up being 223 for me, so I got it on the second word, having ruled out three wrong vowels on my first guess. Oh well, not a deliberate cheat, or I would have got it in one. 😂

Definitely odd, since you and I had the same word for 223 (and I had luckily already done it before even reading @Mr Ferret 88 ‘s post)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Hmm. Not only were there some strange things happening with Wordle today but also with Sutom (the French version). In the French version, the words are longer (says it can be between 6 and 9 letters but on the days I have played it has always been 7) and the first letter is imposed and cannot be changed - all guesses have to start with that letter. Around 6 am, a friend and I are texting about how hard it was this morning (French is a second language for me and a third or fourth for her). We finally get it and around 8 am our other Wordle buddy starts it, telling us she had an incredibly lucky first guess and told us her first word since we had already done it ... except the word started with a different letter. I went back to Sutom and sure enough, the starting letter was different. Yet the game number was the same?! So thanks to her spoiler, I got it in 3 :angelic:;)

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
No judging, because I has huge doubts after my second guess if I would get this one! But how bizarre - it is wordle number 222 for you but 223 for me (thanks to the spoiler that I don’t know how to do I can see it is the same solution). I‘ve been playing for several weeks with two friends and one of them was in Japan when we started and our game numbers (and solutions) always matched up. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I may have put the wrong number 😳

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

does the number change at midnight here? How odd......it just generates when I click on it.....not worth staying up to 11:59 to find out....:p

I had figured it drops at midnight GMT since is is UK based, but is it possible it’s at midnight local time wherever you are?

Here in NY, I did yesterdays at 9:42 pm and it said 2:18 til the next one. Last week I was in Texas, central time zone, and did the puzzle very late, almost midnight there, which would’ve been after 12 on the east coast, and the next day when I was back home I had the confusion with the exact same solve pattern on a different numbered puzzle.

(where’s my TARDIS? :cautious:)

Anyway, on account of the puzzle number being the same as the last one I did, I looked at @Mr Ferret 88 ’s process for 222 and so I ont be doing todays puzzle! Can’t burn that out of my brain so it would totally be cheating 😃

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I’m still confused. According to the time stamp on the posts @Mr Ferret 88 did puzzle 222 only 12 minutes after I did. As it was almost 10pm here and he’s five hours ahead of me, it was already after midnight for him and so shouldn’t his puzzle have been 223?

(looks around for TARDIS)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
My experience is that the puzzle changes at midnight my local time (ET).

There's a countdown on the site as to when the next puzzle is available. And doing the base 60 math.... that's midnight for me....

1643375498861.png

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
I had figured it drops at midnight GMT since is is UK based, but is it possible it’s at midnight local time wherever you are?

Here in NY, I did yesterdays at 9:42 pm and it said 2:18 til the next one. Last week I was in Texas, central time zone, and did the puzzle very late, almost midnight there, which would’ve been after 12 on the east coast, and the next day when I was back home I had the confusion with the exact same solve pattern on a different numbered puzzle.

(where’s my TARDIS? :cautious:)

Anyway, on account of the puzzle number being the same as the last one I did, I looked at @Mr Ferret 88 ’s process for 222 and so I ont be doing todays puzzle! Can’t burn that out of my brain so it would totally be cheating 😃
Sorry Joey Tribbiani GIF

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
Wordle 224 4/6
edited to stop any spikers

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom