Woohoo Back In Texas, Well Kinda Of!

BigTxEars

Original Poster
http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/0...line-returns-to.html?TB_iframe=true&width=600

"Disney Cruise Line announced that it will return to Galveston for the holiday season in 2015.

Starting in November 2015, Disney Cruise Line will offer a seven-night itinerary on the Disney Wonder to the Bahamas, which will include stops in Key West, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.

There will also be six-night sailing on Dec. 18, 2015 that will stop at Key West and Castaway Cay and a four-night Christmas sailing to Cozymel.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/0...l?TB_iframe=true&width=600&rh=1#storylink=cpy"

Come on Mickey, come back for good to Texas:)

sweetpee_1993

Yeah, we're really loving that 7-night Bahamian itinerary. Key West & Castaway Cay are 2 of our favorite ports. We're throwing the dates and different variations of the itinerary around. We're wondering if our oldest can take off work in the fall again. September thru the holidays is the prime busiest time for Hobby Lobby. He took off Thanksgiving week last year. This year he's not. Maybe for 2015 they'll be cool about it again.

Also, October 2015 is a 14-night Panama Canal from San Diego ending in Galveston. I'd love to do that instead of May 2015 but there's nooooo way the kiddo can get 2 full weeks in the fall. No way. But for others who thought about a Canal but don't want to pay but 1 leg of airfare, it's a good option!

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Oh try working in retail, no Nov or Dec vacations for me :(

I am just happy they are back in Texas, I hope hope hope they do well and come back year round!

We already booked WDW for Jan 2015 as our "yearly big vacation" but man I would love to do a cruise again :)

5thGenTexan

We are putting serious thought into a Nov 20th sailing. School "Fall Break" these days is the few days before Thanksgiving, plus Thursday and Friday. We can take a cruise out of Galveston, no school missed (other that the Friday that is embarkation day). I see no downside. :D Only possible unknown is what to expect at Castaway Cay at the end of November. Will it be warm enough for the playing water? I am just excited we have the possibility of planning a cruise and I wont have to deal with airports and airlines to do it.

Disneyfalcon

We are putting serious thought into a Nov 20th sailing. School "Fall Break" these days is the few days before Thanksgiving, plus Thursday and Friday. We can take a cruise out of Galveston, no school missed (other that the Friday that is embarkation day). I see no downside. :D Only possible unknown is what to expect at Castaway Cay at the end of November. Will it be warm enough for the playing water? I am just excited we have the possibility of planning a cruise and I wont have to deal with airports and airlines to do it.

No downside of course. :)

It should be. The water will start to be getting chilly, but not too bad. We were at Castaway at the end of November this year and the water had a slight chill at first, but felt great really quickly.

Pooh'sBuddy

Oh try working in retail, no Nov or Dec vacations for me :(

I am just happy they are back in Texas, I hope hope hope they do well and come back year round!

We already booked WDW for Jan 2015 as our "yearly big vacation" but man I would love to do a cruise again :)

I'm with ya! We planned our 2013 WDW trip waaay in advance, so we didn't do a DCL while they were in Galveston. Gave the hubby the good news last night, and since we're planning a 2015 Disneyland trip, DCL next year won't happen, either.

I was wondering (no pun intended) the same thing. If it's any bit below 80, I'm not getting in the water. :in pain:

mammaminnie

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/0...line-returns-to.html?TB_iframe=true&width=600

"Disney Cruise Line announced that it will return to Galveston for the holiday season in 2015.

Starting in November 2015, Disney Cruise Line will offer a seven-night itinerary on the Disney Wonder to the Bahamas, which will include stops in Key West, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.

There will also be six-night sailing on Dec. 18, 2015 that will stop at Key West and Castaway Cay and a four-night Christmas sailing to Cozymel.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/0...l?TB_iframe=true&width=600&rh=1#storylink=cpy"

Come on Mickey, come back for good to Texas:)

We are sooooo excited to have them back in Texas too!!! Now I'm just trying to decide which cruise we will take- leaning towards the Dec 18 with stops of Key West and Castaway Cay.

sweetpee_1993

Soooo, went ahead and booked a deluxe verandah for the 11/27 7-night. If the itinerary changes to A we'll change it or cancel. I didn't want the itinerary that is over Thanksgiving because I think that one will be more full. Hopefully DS19 will be able to get off work. The hubby keeps saying that I need to accept that at some point he won't be able to go with us whenever we want him to. I'm just not ready to wrap my brain around that. Last night when we were discussing this the husband said, "There will come a day when he doesn't go with us. Then there will be the day he takes his family and goes without us." Um, no. I'm going with him then too. My future daughter-in-law is gonna looooove me. LOL!

Disneyfalcon

Soooo, went ahead and booked a deluxe verandah for the 11/27 7-night. If the itinerary changes to A we'll change it or cancel. I didn't want the itinerary that is over Thanksgiving because I think that one will be more full. Hopefully DS19 will be able to get off work. The hubby keeps saying that I need to accept that at some point he won't be able to go with us whenever we want him to. I'm just not ready to wrap my brain around that. Last night when we were discussing this the husband said, "There will come a day when he doesn't go with us. Then there will be the day he takes his family and goes without us." Um, no. I'm going with him then too. My future daughter-in-law is gonna looooove me. LOL!

No. You are definitely going with the whole family. :)

I booked Chase for the Norway cruise even though odds are close to nil that he can take it. I can dream.

sweetpee_1993

No. You are definitely going with the whole family. :)

I booked Chase for the Norway cruise even though odds are close to nil that he can take it. I can dream.
Chase will go to Norway. If not, lemme know. I have noooo problem being a 19/20 yro young man named Chase. ;)

I just messaged with Tracey about it. Not sure if its a good or bad thing that you could "call" my booking, sailing and category, before we made our selection. Either you're that good, we're that predictable, or we sail entirely too much. LOL!

BigTxEars

Original Poster
As I posted I can't go in that time frame so I officially hate everyone that gets too!!! :(

Well as long as you promise to toss a drink of your choice back for me when they blow the horn when you leave port I don't hate you! :)

Sooooo hoping Disney likes what they see out of this and comes home to Texas :cool:

The port in Galveston is one hour away from my door, so cool for us!

sweetpee_1993

As I posted I can't go in that time frame so I officially hate everyone that gets too!!! :(

Well as long as you promise to toss a drink of your choice back for me when they blow the horn when you leave port I don't hate you! :)

Sooooo hoping Disney likes what they see out of this and comes home to Texas :cool:

The port in Galveston is one hour away from my door, so cool for us!

If we do in fact get to go (it's so hard to know for sure this far out) I will definitely send out a toast to you and wish on a really bright star for all my fellow Texan friends to get to sail with Mickey from "home" soon. ;) You'll be there in spirit which, I suppose, is better than nothing. :( Last night when we were discussing the itineraries and whether or not to book the old man had a very valid point, sailing out so close to home was so relaxing from the moment we woke up the morning of embarkation. It was a far more relaxed day from the get-go and really set the tone for the entire trip. I do hope we go and have as magical a time as we did on our 8-night out of Galveston in January 2013. Our boys still swear that was the best Disney vacation we ever had.

The port of Galveston is maybe a half hour or so for us. We're in Friendswood. Oooooh, and we can stop at the big new Buc-ee's in Texas City on the way! It just doesn't get much better than Buc-ee's and a cruise with Mickey!

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Buckees!

I am near Lake Jackson, home of the original and headquarters of the beaver :)

Thanks for the drink on board :)

If not for the fact our oldest was in boot camp and not with us our DCL would have been the best Disney trip ever! We love the parks and our trips with him still are our favorites.

We bought into DVC this year so we are park bound yearly but we will fit a cruise in as well if the time frame is right from Galveston. You hear me Mickey? I will do both in a year, take my money!!!

mammaminnie

If we do in fact get to go (it's so hard to know for sure this far out) I will definitely send out a toast to you and wish on a really bright star for all my fellow Texan friends to get to sail with Mickey from "home" soon. ;) You'll be there in spirit which, I suppose, is better than nothing. :( Last night when we were discussing the itineraries and whether or not to book the old man had a very valid point, sailing out so close to home was so relaxing from the moment we woke up the morning of embarkation. It was a far more relaxed day from the get-go and really set the tone for the entire trip. I do hope we go and have as magical a time as we did on our 8-night out of Galveston in January 2013. Our boys still swear that was the best Disney vacation we ever had.

The port of Galveston is maybe a half hour or so for us. We're in Friendswood. Oooooh, and we can stop at the big new Buc-ee's in Texas City on the way! It just doesn't get much better than Buc-ee's and a cruise with Mickey!

I heard they just opened it!!!!! We always stop at Bucees when going north of San Antonio to Austin or east to Houston since there is one that way too. I love Bucees!!

BigTxEars

Original Poster
I heard they just opened it!!!!! We always stop at Bucees when going north of San Antonio to Austin or east to Houston since there is one that way too. I love Bucees!!

Ok for the non Bucees knowing folks on here, it's the best mini mart in the world. Cleanest restrooms ever, as in cleaned every 20 minutes clean. Great service and so many snack and bad to eat things it will make you cry :)

5thGenTexan

Nov 20th in Cat5b was over $7k for 4 of us. :eek: For around $2K less, we are going to do the 6 night and only missing Nassau which isn't a must do for me anyway. We have never planned this early and I am pretty sure its going to be a LONG 18 months. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom