Woody's Lunch Box

DisneyDrew

Random comment but I am going to be at Toy Story Land opening day and will be doing a YouTube video reviewing all of the food. Literally everything on the menu looks good to me except for that egg and onion sandwich lol. It's nice to have some good food variety options and not the same old stuff. I'll be getting tons of footage of the land and will definitely make sure to post it on the forums. 79 more days!

note2001

I like they tried to make it interesting. No worries, picky eaters, I'm sure they'll bland it up a few months after it's been open.

Very true. Disney treats guests as a parent might treat children: make the fancy stuff, watch it get snubbed, then resort to the good old french fries and chicken nuggets. They don't bother keeping the better stuff around for those who did enjoy it.

I really don't care what they do with the Lunch Box here, I just wish they had fixed the pizzas over at Pizza Planet/Rizzos to make them something my family's stomachs could tolerate.

Castle Cake Apologist

Random comment but I am going to be at Toy Story Land opening day and will be doing a YouTube video reviewing all of the food. Literally everything on the menu looks good to me except for that egg and onion sandwich lol. It's nice to have some good food variety options and not the same old stuff. I'll be getting tons of footage of the land and will definitely make sure to post it on the forums. 79 more days!

Enjoy it while it lasts... it'll probably be burgers and nuggets by next summer based on past trends. :arghh:

What is your channel, btw? I like finding new vloggers.

BlindChow

Disney should stop trying to theme everything. Just source some good tasting burger, fries, and nuggets that aren't the same ones found in the 100 other restaurants on property.
This menu isn't even themed! This is what a burger would look like to someone who was toy-sized:

af5dd5550a505e925968091a3df78a5d.jpg

bhg469

1180w-600h_recipe-monte-cristo-780x440.jpg

That is a proper Monte Cristo from Disneyland. If you're in florida, you can save a bundle and get a pretty good one at any Cheddars. There will be confusion. People who have had the one at DL will probably expect it to be the same. When I saw the menu for woody's and didn't see the picture, I got excited too. But I would much rather go offsite to Cheddars and get a far superior version if I am not in Anaheim.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
How did the Monte Cristo even become a thing? Honestly who was sitting down for Lunch one day and said "you know what, I'm going to try some jam on this Ham and Cheese sandwich! In fact I'm going to fry it a little and sprinkle some powdered sugar on it while I am at it..."
No more random than the early man that looked at a cow and thought " if i pull there it will make my coffee taste better"

Fox&Hound

The fact that it is tier 1 is laughable. I mean, I get it...I guess. But it’s just silly.

It will only be tier one until SW and Mickey open. Just like the less-than-thrilling Avatar boat ride, this ride will become a fun C/D once the park evens out- and that is a good thing! We need more rides like this in all the parks. Heck, take the massive budget for a new E and give me 5 C’s any day. Talk about crowd dispersement :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 277205
That is a proper Monte Cristo from Disneyland. If you're in florida, you can save a bundle and get a pretty good one at any Cheddars. There will be confusion. People who have had the one at DL will probably expect it to be the same. When I saw the menu for woody's and didn't see the picture, I got excited too. But I would much rather go offsite to Cheddars and get a far superior version if I am not in Anaheim.

If you don't go into cardiac arrest by the end of the meal, it's not a real Monte Cristo. ;)

Kman101

It will only be tier one until SW and Mickey open. Just like the less-than-thrilling Avatar boat ride, this ride will become a fun C/D once the park evens out- and that is a good thing! We need more rides like this in all the parks. Heck, take the massive budget for a new E and give me 5 C’s any day. Talk about crowd dispersement :)

We do. It's just a shame they're going to be treated as main attractions and draws when they shouldn't be. I think both rides will be great fun and I don't begrudge them at all but agreed that they're meant to be "side attractions". But for now they'll command massive waits and be seen as major draws, which they shouldn't be viewed as.

GVentola

I am disappointed that Andy's Lunch Box's Monte Cristo doesn't appear fried as a proper Monte Cristo should be. Still, it'll probably be the item I order the first time there, though the Brisket looks good, too. And I want potato barrels as a side and a Mystic Portal as my drink!

Brian Swan

I am disappointed that Andy's Lunch Box's Monte Cristo doesn't appear fried as a proper Monte Cristo should be. Still, it'll probably be the item I order the first time there, though the Brisket looks good, too. And I want potato barrels as a side and a Mystic Portal as my drink!
For what it's worth, a "proper" Monte Cristo is NOT battered and deep fried. I remember these back from the 60s (they were my Mother's favorite). Classically they are a ham and cheese sandwich that is dipped in an egg and milk mixture and pan fried; the bread is essentially a fairly light "French toast". I remember it being served with fresh fruit salad, not jam or berry syrup. And no powdered sugar...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom