Woody, Jessie and Rafiki cut from Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

They cant. Food and Wine funds are needed to keep Epcot in the black. If not for them, it'd be a money-losing park.
No, it really wouldn't. While F&W makes a fortune, and you would be forgiven for believing it due to some of TDO's decisions of late, no park at WDW is hardly making ends meet.

ToTBellHop

Interesting. I've had that info told to me by one of the more trusted members here on this site.
Not saying it isn't wrong, I have no access to this information myself, but one who is typically considered with a solidly strong track record gave me that info a year or so ago.
If it's the same member who I saw that from, that member has been known to sensationalize stories to make (fair) points. While F&W was certainly expanded to make more money (and F&W partially expanded into the Christmas season and F&G), it's not because profits are measly. It's because greed is substantial and growing.

simba2

The loss of Woody, Jessie & Rafiki doesn't bother me nearly as much as the loss of Scoop Sanderson from Main Street. His last day is October 8th.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
If it's the same member who I saw that from, that member has been known to sensationalize stories to make (fair) points. While F&W was certainly expanded to make more money (and F&W partially expanded into the Christmas season and F&G), it's not because profits are measly. It's because greed is substantial and growing.
Probably not. The member of which I speak is not known to be very sensational. It was not Spirit, if that is what you are suggesting.

rnese

Remember the last time Barbie was at WDW?

NO...no I don not! Is there maybe a photo out there that would refresh my memory? I've got to tell ya, I'm drawing a blank. Again, maybe a photo would help me remember...a photo...pic...

brb1006

Meets and Greets are a relatively new thing... they don't have to be there...
Did you have a bad experience with a meet and greet or something? Because you really appear to hate this idea. Meanwhile it's very popular in other Disney parks such as Tokyo Disney Resort and Disneyland Resort.

brb1006

You may not like them and they definitely have their downfalls, but many guests simply want to see these characters. Mickey might be available everywhere but that still doesn't stop his wait at MK hitting 60 minutes with 4 rooms. That's a lot of people, no one forces them in line.
That's what I was thinking.

brb1006

NO...no I don not! Is there maybe a photo out there that would refresh my memory? I've got to tell ya, I'm drawing a blank. Again, maybe a photo would help me remember...a photo...pic...
51XhzOdGnSL.jpg

91213773e87a0b04a4a93f687bf2eb01.jpg

nicole.gif

Bocabear

Did you have a bad experience with a meet and greet or something? Because you really appear to hate this idea. Meanwhile it's very popular in other Disney parks such as Tokyo Disney Resort and Disneyland Resort.
Never had a bad experience...Been to a few, waited in terribly long lines and then found the payoff lacking... especially when it comes at the cost of losing an attraction...Like in the case of Snow White. I knwo they seem to be popular, but I cannot fathom why... I liked when they used to just stroll the parks without appointments and long lines... Mostly I dislike them becuase I think it is a cheap way of running the parks... Less attractions, more minimum wage employees in costumes...while they hike the admission prices up one more time.
got to admit they must be doingsome great marketing to get everyone so excited to see characters rather than have actual rides and experiences...

asianway

It's just sad that the budget can't be expanded. I'm pretty sure the profits from the least popular booth at Food and Wine alone could supply the proper funds to keep these three characters and the new Muppet show...
Ive said it before - WDW has already expanded the meet and greet budget past all levels of reasonableness based on the expectations theyve set. Theres an army of performers out every day.

tl77

And speaking of Zootopia, what is taking Disney so long for the two to be meetable at WDW? They are already meetable at Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland in DCA for months now.

Yeah I'm surprised with how much money Zootopia made there isn't a bigger presence for it in the WDW, and there wasn't much merch for it either... but in the credits for Zootopia there's a thank you to Joe Rhode and the staff at Animal Kingdom, and when the film was released they did a lot of the press for the movie at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and then on the blu-ray/dvd special features they start off with a trip to Animal Kingdom... so I kinda get the feeling there is going to be something Zootopia related at Animal Kingdom at some point in the future, probably when the inevitable sequel comes along

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom