Woody, Jessie and Rafiki cut from Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

What with the streetmosphere well never say never with that. I'm hearing the Woody and Jessie may be doing a Rootin' Tootin' character dining in the Wildness Lodge within the next year. Management seem to keep pushing for a Character Dining component over in the hotel.
I actually wouldn't mind that at breakfast, which isn't terribly exciting at Whispering Canyon (dinner is much more riotous). At least they would be new characters to meet. How many character breakfasts with Mickey do we really need?

Thumper 32

Marie got cut in mid March 2016 where she got replaced by Stitch who would later get replaced by Daisy.

Miss Bunny still comes out at AK. But she along with Thumper usually come out randomly since the two aren't listed on the My Disney Experience App.

No, Daisy didn't replace Stitch. She was out as an addition in Town Square, but only for a short time. Stitch was still in his normal spot as well.

And using the word "usually" for Thumper and Miss Bunny is pretty strong. They've been fairly uncommon for the past year.

Ryan H. Serowinski

That's just disappointing for Woody and Jessie(i just met them a month ago, good thing I met Jessie), but Rafiki he can be found at DAK, which I almost met him in that area(I skipped DAK when i went to WDW)but line closed on me :( But the show must go on with Muppets.

WDWYankee15

I'm confused as to why these cuts were needed for muppets? I imagined that the muppets thing was going to be animatronic characters that appeared in the windows. So manpower should not be apples to apples to add the muppets and subtract the three character M&G's. I understand that there is still operating costs for the muppets so some budgetary balancing may be needed from the entertainment budget. However, to me it would seem the budgetary "balance" may be off here.

I should say that I am all for the cutting of the characters that they are as two are meetable in other parks and Jesse has been out for years. I am for changing things up from time to time. I would just like to see a replacement for at least two of these character cuts and allow the third cut to help make up for muppets.

I am surprised that between Liberty Square and Frontierland there will be no meet and greets at all. This does not seem very "Magic Kingdom." Bring out the Brer's and put them in the old Woody and Jesse spot at Splash Mountain.

Bocabear

I'm confused as to why these cuts were needed for muppets? I imagined that the muppets thing was going to be animatronic characters that appeared in the windows. So manpower should not be apples to apples to add the muppets and subtract the three character M&G's. I understand that there is still operating costs for the muppets so some budgetary balancing may be needed from the entertainment budget. However, to me it would seem the budgetary "balance" may be off here.

I should say that I am all for the cutting of the characters that they are as two are meetable in other parks and Jesse has been out for years. I am for changing things up from time to time. I would just like to see a replacement for at least two of these character cuts and allow the third cut to help make up for muppets.

I am surprised that between Liberty Square and Frontierland there will be no meet and greets at all. This does not seem very "Magic Kingdom." Bring out the Brer's and put them in the old Woody and Jesse spot at Splash Mountain.
Meets and Greets are a relatively new thing... they don't have to be there...

wdrive

Original Poster
Meets and Greets are a relatively new thing... they don't have to be there...

You may not like them and they definitely have their downfalls, but many guests simply want to see these characters. Mickey might be available everywhere but that still doesn't stop his wait at MK hitting 60 minutes with 4 rooms. That's a lot of people, no one forces them in line.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Are we really considering removal of a couple M&G characters to be a cut? I guess you could say that (I wouldn't) but I have always felt like characters are rotated in and out constantly. While some stay around forever, others seem to come and go...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I wouldn't be surprised if the cost to run the muppets attraction/show is more costly than the meet and greet. Meet and greet has character, character friend, and handler. Muppets most likely either have AAs that require regular maintenance, technical support people, show development costs, crowd control CMs and I'm sure other costs associated.

YodaMan

I'm confused. Where did these rumors come from that the Muppet show in Liberty Square would be animatronics? Last I heard was that it would be puppets performed by puppeteers. When did that change?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's just sad that the budget can't be expanded. I'm pretty sure the profits from the least popular booth at Food and Wine alone could supply the proper funds to keep these three characters and the new Muppet show...

Is this comment based on a personal knowledge of those profits or more of a dramatically influenced statement?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's just sad that the budget can't be expanded. I'm pretty sure the profits from the least popular booth at Food and Wine alone could supply the proper funds to keep these three characters and the new Muppet show...

If you added up the costs every time someone of this forum says, "Disney can afford to pay for this. They are just cheap."...I wonder how much that would actually be...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom