Won't be going back there again

plaz10

On this site you will find many people who hate many different places and others who swear they have had their best meals there. To each their own, I suppose.

I know some people adore this place but I will never return to Le Chefs de France. Yuck. The macaroni w/gruyere cheese was so bland. Just like eating plain noodles. Terrible service. Loud restaurant. We were jammed into a corner practically eating w/the table next to us. The only thing that I was able to get down was the lobster bisque...not bad but I only had it about 3 minutes before they brought my entree. Very rushed. With all the great places to eat in Disney, we won't be wasting a second chance on this place.

Allygator

We ate at Via Napoli in September and didn't like the food. The whole table was done eating and my 8 year old daughter was still waiting for her food. Needless to say, she had some of my pizza.

Whispering Canyon was great! Their all you can at bbq was good. Cornbread was delicious and then for dessert we had the Kahlua cake which was awesome!

I was looking for some other must do restaurants for our return trip.

Tomi-Rocket

pp at hs

For us it was Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios. The pizza tasted like bad frozen pizza and that's a problem because you can get half decent frozen pizza! Plus the disappointing realization that the restaurant looks nothing like the PP in the Toy Story movie. Just not a good experience at all. :(

However, that was back in '05 and we may try it again sometime in the future. Not on our next trip though, not quite ready yet, lol. :eek:

NYwdwfan

For us, it's Prime Time. I thought the food was blah, overpriced, and generally disappointing, the "service" hokey, and that TV blaring through our dinner was just annoying. DHS really needs a better dining facility.

To tie in to another thread...make it a Star Wars dining experience (pleeeaaaassseeee!!!!!!!)

Prince-1

I usually try restaurants at least twice before giving up on them. Here's my list of banned restaurants...

1) Sci Fi Diner
2) 50's Prime Time
3) The Wave

Prince-1

I love Whispering Canyon. It's a fun place, great food, and the service is awesome. Is it loud?? oh yeah!!! But that is part of the charm. If you want a quiet dining experience don't go there. If you do want to eat there but don't want the whole act from the server, just tell the hostess and they'll let the waiter know. We did this twice when we went with my mother who was not feeling well and they were accomdating.

Sci Fi's biggest problem is the menu. It's gross and uninteresting. "Yeah, I'd like a catfish sandwich.":confused:

Ohana's my favorite restaurant.

Cape May Cafe was a major letdown as well. That was primarily because the character interaction was nil.

I know what you mean. If they don't don't sautee the characters in a little olive oil and garlic, they simply don't interact with the rest of the meal at all.:lol:

Ro Z

Hi all new here!
Have to agree about Whispering Canyon. 1st time my 6yr old was wearing a hat and one of the servers took it off his head and threw it up onto one of the light fixtures above us. He was so distracted worrying about how he was gonna get his hat back (of course he did) that he didn't eat a thing. The next try he wanted more juice and when the waiter came back to the table he ordered it and the waiter said to him all ya had to do was holla. He looked at me and said I thought you told me not to yell in a restaurant. Very confusing for a young child.
Also we love the food at 50's but not the experience. We were with a 25yr old and she ordered a shake. Our 'sister' told her she had to eat her meal before she could have her shake. We thought it was a joke. NOT she didn't get it until her meal came! (the rest of us got our drinks)Next time our 'sister' fed my husband a mouthful of food he left on his plate. Well come to find out it was a piece of grizzle. Why did he eat it? I still don't know. I know we could have asked for the hat and the shake etc but we trying to play along but looking back it wasn't all that much fun! Sorry my 1st post is sooooooooo long!!!:)

11mess

50's primetime is not very fun during the free dining period because it always so crowded, we've been forgot because it's just my wife and I. For the most part the experience has always been good and we always get the same things.

We didn't like Boma, but alot of that was the screaming kids who the parents just ignore them. So I guess I can't blame that on Disney, but the dinner plates were very cold so the food got cold really fast. We did walk around thinking we were grabing salad plates or something, but all the plates were cold so it made the food not taste very good. So for the cost of the meal it wasn't worth it.

For the most part, for our tastes, Disney dining is more of an experience than a great meal. There just isn't enough choices for us, theres usually just one or two things we would like. Most of the time the food is just ok.

But its still fun!

NiarrNDisney

Well I wouldn't say that I would never go back because the food is wonderful! But since I had to extend my trip an extra day this week due to food poisoning I would cetainly be a bit more careful about what I ingest towards the end of the night. On our last night at Epcot we went to Tangirine Cafe and I ate the Lentil salad which normally is a fav. well needless to say I was sick the rest of the night, the next day and till today I still havn't been feeling well. Changing flights and getting the room for an extra day isnt exactly my idea of fun.

TomHendricks

For some people, Whispering Canyon and Primetime are not right for. I have seen these people before, mostly at Whispering Canyon. You can tell them by the astonished look of disbelief about what's happening and tense response to the antics. I bet these people were told by friends or family members you need to go here, you will have a great time and don't really explain what the experience really will be like. I do feel bad for them, especially the ones at breakfast time. Even with the more subdued breakfast you can tell the families that are uncomfortable, they really stand out. If you get to many it really affects the mood of the place.

I wish everyone enjoyed Whispering Canyon as much as me and my family, but I get that not everyone will. So I don't get upset when people say they won't ever eat here again. Like many things, it's an acquired taste. All I can do is wish them luck finding more suitable places to dine. That's the reason WDW has so many choices, something for everyone. From Whispering Canyon all the way to Victoria and Alberts.

Dad 2 M & M

And we had good food at Mama Melrose in October:) Definitely go back quality.
Mama Melrose recently had a substantial menu change. The appetizer choices remind me of Tutto Italian (Epcot). MM was much better in '08 (before the menu change). Although my family was disappointed in the experience we had there during the Holidays of '10 we will give it another try. Not sure exactly when the menu was updated, but I wish the previous choices would return.

The MadHatter

I will never go to the tokyo dining room again since their quality of sushi is actually below the grade i have delivered to my apartment. Its not disgusting, its just that i can have it for half the price and twice the quality back home

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I will never go to the tokyo dining room again since their quality of sushi is actually below the grade i have delivered to my apartment. Its not disgusting, its just that i can have it for half the price and twice the quality back home

I didn't like their sushi, either. However, the reason I won't go back there is because of the slow service. We waited almost an hour for a table, and we had an ADR.

The MadHatter

yeah we waited too, the worst was when they brought out only 2 of the 4 appetizers. it took another 15 mins for the others to come out...lame

disneypearl

I'll never go to Sci-Fi for dinner again. Lunch, yes, but not dinner. The lunch there, where you can get burgers and fries, is fine, and fits the theme of that place. For dinner, they try to get too fancy, and that's just not the place for it.

I'll also never go back to Chef Mickey's for dinner- the food was so mehh, and to make it worse, it wasn't even hot- very lukewarm.

I always go to Sci-Fi for dinner but just ask if I can order a burger and fries. It's never a problem so you can do that if you want next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom