Won't be going back there again

Iteachwood

Original Poster
What restaurants have you been to that was so unpleasant a time you vowed never to return?

My first was Prime Time...I'll never forget first time. Had beeb wearing by baseball cap "REDSOX" of course, and wasn't aware of the waitresses ragging on you about hat on ( wore hat at every other rest) anyway it was a real bad hair night and was totally embarresed. NEVER went back!

Ohanna's..took kids there when they were like 7-8 years old. At end when they had kids parade around mine didn't want to and they pretty much harrased me to get up and join so kids would...did it but its NOT ME..again, totally emarrased...NEVER went back

Yours?

mickeysshoes

Dont ever go to the Wishpering Canon Cafe and ask for anything...you will leave before your meal if over if the above was embarrasing

wizards8507

My first was Prime Time...I'll never forget first time. Had beeb wearing by baseball cap "REDSOX" of course, and wasn't aware of the waitresses ragging on you about hat on ( wore hat at every other rest) anyway it was a real bad hair night and was totally embarresed. NEVER went back!

That's the whole point of Prime Time. The waitress quizzed me when I got back from the bathroom on what color the hand soap was, and when I answered wrong she told the whole place that I didn't wash my hands in the bathroom and made me go back. It was hilarious.

BiggerTigger

I try to never avoid a restaurant after just one sitting. There are off days and bad experiences that can be redeemed by just having your next experience very memorable. That being said, Sci-Fi Cafe was not the best experience for us (and I may never get the BF to go back with me). Problem one was that the car we were in had a family in front of us that was having a "bad" day, kids were tired, family was arguing. The waiter tried to make the best of the situation, but with "special" child in the front, she would not have any of it.
Service was a little off. Our waiter took a little while to get food to us or take our orders or even care that he was there working.
Food was ok, but not the best. I had the Turkey Sandwhich with a side of chips. The bread that was used just fell apart due to the mayo. The turkey and veggies used were extremely cold almost to the point of being frozen. The BF didn't really care for his meal, but he tends to be a little picky.
Over all, I would like to try the experience again, but with people I know, hopefully enjoying one of the picnic tables where we can have a conversation with the movie as the background, not the focus.

Club Cooloholic

What restaurants have you been to that was so unpleasant a time you vowed never to return?

Ohanna's..took kids there when they were like 7-8 years old. At end when they had kids parade around mine didn't want to and they pretty much harrased me to get up and join so kids would...did it but its NOT ME..again, totally emarrased...NEVER went back

Yours?

I am really not the grammar or spelling police, because I mispell a lot! But I have to be honest, I can not really understand what your trying to write. What is a beeb? Do yourself a favor, look into what the restaurants theme is and avoid ones where the place is know to be "interactive".
As for the topic, I had a terrible time at Pecos Bill last time, because the food just was bad, but it's hard to say never again.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'll never go to Sci-Fi for dinner again. Lunch, yes, but not dinner. The lunch there, where you can get burgers and fries, is fine, and fits the theme of that place. For dinner, they try to get too fancy, and that's just not the place for it.

I'll also never go back to Chef Mickey's for dinner- the food was so mehh, and to make it worse, it wasn't even hot- very lukewarm.

NYwdwfan

I've told this story a bunch of times...here it is again:

Chef Mickey. Those darn birds. The people at the table next to us got up to get more food and the birds were walking on their table eating scraps. Then they parked themselves above our table like a bunch of vultures and while we were waiting for the check one "went" and it landed on the lid of my daughter's OJ cup. Something about outside birds hanging around a buffet that doesn't sit well.

materbuddy

Garden Grill- the food was terrible. Service was the worst. If we didn't use our TiW I wouldn't have let a tip. Worst restaurant on property.

GeoDonJac34

I can't see us going back to 50s Prime Time. It wasn't a bad experience, we just didn't enjoy the food. We really didn't like Hollywood and Vine dinner buffet, and I don't think we will do Sci Fi. again. Must be a Hollywood Studios thing.

disneyrcks

I am really not the grammar or spelling police, because I mispell a lot! But I have to be honest, I can not really understand what your trying to write. What is a beeb? Do yourself a favor, look into what the restaurants theme is and avoid ones where the place is know to be "interactive".
As for the topic, I had a terrible time at Pecos Bill last time, because the food just was bad, but it's hard to say never again.

Clearly you are also not the "infer a meaning police" lol jk...I think beeb was been ..like he had been wearing a sox hat. I would say that I haven't had a bad dining experience yet but let me tell u about the WAVE!! My husband and I love the Wave (bar) it has always been a special place for us to visit and the bartendars used to know us. Well times a changed like they often do and we went to the Wave and had the two most awful bartenders ever! They were not welcoming and were socially akward (not bad qualites in a person but not great in a bartender). We won't go back but will always miss our awesome peeps at that bar! Good luck to Alan who is now a teacher and Nas (we have no idea where he went) lol

rstaut

Sci Fi...never going back. Went there for dinner for the last time in 2007. I ordered some pasta dish or something & it was just pasty & bland! When I go out to eat I want it to taste better than something I could've made at home. This I wouldn't have fed to my family. I actually try to avoid all food at HS...nothing stands out as being good.

Nemo14

For us, it's Prime Time. I thought the food was blah, overpriced, and generally disappointing, the "service" hokey, and that TV blaring through our dinner was just annoying. DHS really needs a better dining facility.

Whereas we all love Pecos Bill...:D

ShadyLady

Prime-Time & Ohana are some of our favorites!:sohappy:

Sci-Fi - weve eaten dinner there 4 different times bc the atmosphere is s fun. Well the food is really so terrible for dinner, that weve decided we are not going back again. :(

les chefs de france - again, food mediocre and service was terrible.

other than that, weve tried almost all table service on property and would do any again except the above mentioned.

give them another chance.

DisneyPan

I just ate at Via Napoli. I was so excited to try it and it was a major disappointment. The food was just blah. My friend ordered a grilled chicken salad and it was basically chopped iceburg with cubed chicken. Horrible. The rest of the table had pizza and it was nothing to write home about. The crust was more limp than crusty. Thank God we had the 50% off Cast Holiday Discount or I would have been mad.

I think the food is going downhill. Unless I want a good ol' cheeseburger and endless toppings bar, we eat off property more and more these days.

captainkidd

Sci Fi's biggest problem is the menu. It's gross and uninteresting. "Yeah, I'd like a catfish sandwich.":confused:

Ohana's my favorite restaurant.

Cape May Cafe was a major letdown as well. That was primarily because the character interaction was nil.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom