News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

Californian Elitist

Rewatching Dumbo right now saw the first three films a few months ago for funsies. Bambi will be next. Then a few of the package films as I played a few of them for my boyfriend (trynna get him up to speed on all the older Disney films, animation first then live-action). Have to agree with you on Chicken Little still have literally 0 interest in rewatching the film.

Home on the Range was my favorite film when I was three/four and I went through three DVD copies from how scratched up Id get them by watching them nonstop 😅 Now for me it’s pure nostalgia albeit I’m aware its not a good film.
I have to be in a certain mood for Dumbo. Love it, but it’s depressing. I haven’t seen 101 Dalmatians in forever, maybe that will be next for me lol.

PiratesMansion

I imagine from the ground the Blue Fairy looks fine. You're not supposed to see it up close, so naturally it looks unflattering if you hyper zoom in on it.

Much like I'm sure if people hyper zoomed in on Tinkerbell, even though she is played by an actual human, there'd be some things you'd notice that were off too.
Rewatching Dumbo right now saw the first three films a few months ago for funsies. Bambi will be next. Then a few of the package films as I played a few of them for my boyfriend (trynna get him up to speed on all the older Disney films, animation first then live-action). Have to agree with you on Chicken Little still have literally 0 interest in rewatching the film.

Home on the Range was my favorite film when I was three/four and I went through three DVD copies from how scratched up Id get them by watching them nonstop 😅 Now for me it’s pure nostalgia albeit I’m aware its not a good film.

Jesus, the stuff if nightmares
Thank you for getting your boyfriend up to speed with the older films, we need to spend more time doing this as a culture because clearly Disney's not much interested in helping with this! When I was studying abroad in China, one of my friends bought a DVD collection that had basically every Disney movie in it, so naturally we had a movie night. I discovered, to my horror, that they were flat out not interested in any film that wasn't from the Disney Renaissance, and were more apt to choose one of the terrible sequels to a renaissance film over any of the older films. For some reason, we ended up watching Mulan II, which to the surprise of them, was terrible. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a lot of respect for Bambi. I don't know if it's one of my favorite movies, per se, but it is a gorgeous piece of animated art. Dumbo I've only seen a few times, probably because my mother hated it. The last time I watched it, my main takeaway was shock that Dumbo was drunk for ten minutes of a 60 minute film! Home on the Range I've only seen once, but I thought it was better than its reputation and I loved the gloriously weird yodeling song (and in general it has a pretty good soundtrack)!

Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio are probably my favorite of the Walt films. Visually stunning and more engaging for me personally than Bambi. Snow White is better than its reputation among people in my age group, many of whom just can't get past her voice. It's certainly better than Cinderella, a film that I always found to be a bore, but that's probably because I saw the R&H Cinderella (the one from 1965 with Lesley Ann Warren) before the Disney Cinderella and that forever colored my judgment.

Prior to seeing Chicken Little, I made an effort to buy all of the Disney animated films, even the ones I wasn't super crazy about. I was pretty close to having all of them, but then I saw Chicken Little, which was so bad that my goal of owning all of them stopped dead in its tracks. Just an abominable film.

tcool123

I have to be in a certain mood for Dumbo. Love it, but it’s depressing. I haven’t seen 101 Dalmatians in forever, maybe that will be next for me lol.
While it’s sad another one of my childhood favorites, but luckily the VHS of my childhood was still in working order before I swapped to Blu-ray. Was an animal child so I loved this film.

Dalmatians is cute, and quite a good time I feel like its a bit overlooked in the animated canon.

Thank you for getting your boyfriend up to speed with the older films, we need to spend more time doing this as a culture because clearly Disney's not much interested in helping with this! When I was studying abroad in China, one of my friends bought a DVD collection that had basically every Disney movie in it, so naturally we had a movie night. I discovered, to my horror, that they were flat out not interested in any film that wasn't from the Disney Renaissance, and were more apt to choose one of the terrible sequels to a renaissance film over any of the older films. For some reason, we ended up watching Mulan II, which to the surprise of them, was terrible. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a lot of respect for Bambi. I don't know if it's one of my favorite movies, per se, but it is a gorgeous piece of animated art. Dumbo I've only seen a few times, probably because my mother hated it. The last time I watched it, my main takeaway was shock that Dumbo was drunk for ten minutes of a 60 minute film! Home on the Range I've only seen once, but I thought it was better than its reputation and I loved the gloriously weird yodeling song (and in general it has a pretty good soundtrack)!

Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio are probably my favorite of the Walt films. Visually stunning and more engaging for me personally than Bambi. Snow White is better than its reputation among people in my age group, many of whom just can't get past her voice. It's certainly better than Cinderella, a film that I always found to be a bore, but that's probably because I saw the R&H Cinderella (the one from 1965 with Lesley Ann Warren) before the Disney Cinderella and that forever colored my judgment.

Prior to seeing Chicken Little, I made an effort to buy all of the Disney animated films, even the ones I wasn't super crazy about. I was pretty close to having all of them, but then I saw Chicken Little, which was so bad that my goal of owning all of them stopped dead in its tracks. Just an abominable film.
Poor thing didn’t have a VHS collection passed down to him by all his millennial cousins like I did, so he missed out on a lot of classica. Also he lived in Puerto Rico so he gives that as another reason, and I’ll let it slide. Luckily my boyfriend is not like your buddies in China he has seen a large range of films prior to dating me thanks to his best friend being a Disney adult.

When I think Bambi I do think art, but thats how I describe the fist five films to most living moving pieces of art. Then again so is every animated movie, but the first five have a certain charm that separates them. Walt era animated films my favorites include Jungle Book, Dumbo and Sleeping Beauty.

I do own Chicken Little on DVD, when I was younger I would watch it; unlike Home on the Range I don’t have rose colored glasses for Chicken Little

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Looks creepy for me when Blue Fairy was actually a puppet. Why not replacing this with Tinkerbell (still relevant for this segment), or at least use the real human version of Blue Fairy?
It’s still a human in there…. just with a creepy head on. Tink has the head too….

Attachments

• 4445901F-ACB5-4A3B-9C98-FB4CABE7F701.jpeg
    4445901F-ACB5-4A3B-9C98-FB4CABE7F701.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 102

ryno1982

Has anyone found Fox and the Hound or Oliver and Company yet? Also, I know they included For the First Time in Forever, but is there actually a clip from the first Frozen in the show? It seems like everything's from the sequel.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has anyone found Fox and the Hound or Oliver and Company yet? Also, I know they included For the First Time in Forever, but is there actually a clip from the first Frozen in the show? It seems like everything's from the sequel.
Everything is indeed represented if not yet catalogued by fans.

Consumer

Yeah Disneyland uses the mask. It may have to do with protection, I think they use special lighting to light up Tink.

Also I think they use any gender for the performers.
I believe the actors for the flight are usually men, hence the need for the mask. Maleficent in Fantasia is another example of a man playing a female character in the parks. Sometimes certain roles just demand qualities that are more natural in men, just like how some roles, like Peter Pan and Mickey Mouse, demand qualities that are more natural in women. It's definitely not that surprising and given the distance between the audience and the actor, it's hardly a concern.

Californian Elitist

Oliver ad Company reference at around 7:00 in the far left:

Seems like small world and the end of beginning of Main Street may be the best viewing sections to be able to catch as many projections and references as possible. It doesn’t help that many of us are watching this through YouTube. No doubt we’ll be able to notice more once we see it in person.

Twilight_Roxas

Has anyone spotted Strange World, and Wish in Wondrous Journeys?

As for the show. It’s really great, but I kinda wish they included a segment for the villains, and good triumph over evil.

Sir_Cliff

And coincidentally people love it.

Davidson needs to retire already.
I don't want to personally attack the guy, but has any of Davidson's recent work for Disney been particularly well-received? This and Happily Ever After seem their biggest successes in recent times, and if they're headed by the same team that would suggest Disney should be tapping their talents as much as possible. I also liked Magic Happens.

I am genuinely curious as I get the impression the stuff people praise him for was a long time in the past and the more recent shows suggest he perhaps should be moving on to a different role. Harmonious, for example, wasn't a bad concept if they must use Disney IP in an Epcot nighttime show. The execution, though, was terrible. What else has he been involved with recently?

Petertink1832

I don't want to personally attack the guy, but has any of Davidson's recent work for Disney been particularly well-received? This and Happily Ever After seem their biggest successes in recent times, and if they're headed by the same team that would suggest Disney should be tapping their talents as much as possible. I also liked Magic Happens.

I am genuinely curious as I get the impression the stuff people praise him for was a long time in the past and the more recent shows suggest he perhaps should be moving on to a different role. Harmonious, for example, wasn't a bad concept if they must use Disney IP in an Epcot nighttime show. The execution, though, was terrible. What else has he been involved with recently?
I believe of recent shows it breaks down:

Harmonious: Davidson
World of color One: Davidson
Disney Illuminations in Paris: Davidson
Believe Sea of Dreams: Davidson
Pixar Together Forever: Davidson
Disneyland Forever: Davidson
Mix Magic: Davidson

Happily Ever After: Jung
Illuminate in Shanghai: Jung
Momentous: Jung
Wondrous Journeys: Jung

Enchantment was done by a team based in Florida I think, but someone correct me if that is in correct.

Squishy

I believe of recent shows it breaks down:

Harmonious: Davidson
World of color One: Davidson
Disney Illuminations in Paris: Davidson
Believe Sea of Dreams: Davidson
Pixar Together Forever: Davidson
Disneyland Forever: Davidson
Mix Magic: Davidson

Happily Ever After: Jung
Illuminate in Shanghai: Jung
Momentous: Jung
Wondrous Journeys: Jung

Enchantment was done by a team based in Florida I think, but someone correct me if that is in correct.
The show director for HEA was James Silson, Enchantment was Mark Renfrow.
James is also the show director behind Momentous & Illuminate
Wondrous & Magic Happens is Jordan Peterson I believe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom