News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The one problem with these projection heavy fireworks shows is that you're often not paying attention to the actual fireworks.

It's kind of sensory overload...but that does make them ideal for repeat viewing to try and see everything.
My experience of HEA is that it's best to camp out a spot by the castle way ahead of time so you can focus just on the projections and see what they are.

Then, all following viewings can be from anywhere else since you got the gist of the projections and then you can take in the fireworks.

Of course, for WJ, you'll have to get a close view of three different projections first.

SuddenStorm

The one problem with these projection heavy fireworks shows is that you're often not paying attention to the actual fireworks.

It's kind of sensory overload...but that does make them ideal for repeat viewing to try and see everything.

Not saying it's the case here- but it can also help distract if the actual show is subpar.

PiratesMansion

Disney: "We have a fireworks show with every animated film*!"
*must watch show from all three locations and pay diligent attention to the projections and still try to take in the fireworks simultaneously.
You Know It Good Job GIF by Curious Pavel

brb1006

Watching the Small World version I was able to spot Ratagin's blimp and Sir Hiss during the flying scene.

There's two clips from Rescuers Down Under

Saw Arthur and Taran during the montage at the end

Haven't spotted some stuff like Fox and the Hound or Oliver and Company yet. If the show doesn't literally have 60+ movies referenced, it certainly tries.
Searching for an Aristocats reference. Waiting for somebody to create a list of Disney Characters that appeared in this show from all 3 locations (Main Street,/Sleeping Beauty Castle, Rivers of America, and Small World,) soon.

Last edited:
This has turned into a game of Where’s Waldo?
yes!!! and we love it for it 🤣

definitely more exciting after all the shows always use the same movies

Watching the Small World version I was able to spot Ratagin's blimp and Sir Hiss during the flying scene.

There's two clips from Rescuers Down Under

Saw Arthur and Taran during the montage at the end

Haven't spotted some stuff like Fox and the Hound or Oliver and Company yet. If the show doesn't literally have 60+ movies referenced, it certainly tries.
there was a clip of "Why should I worry" around the end of almost there. haven't found anything for fox and the hound yet

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I know im going to get scrutinized for this but Id love to see Disney World get this show or their own version of this over Happily Ever after returning. This is my favorite show after Fantasy in the sky and Wishes. I really like this show and I haven't impressed or emotionally drawn to any nighttime shows in a very long time.

Stevek

Did not go over well with me on the livestream I watched last night. Just felt like like they were trying to cram far too much into a 15 minute show. I will give it another watch on hopefully a better quality recording soon.

TsWade2

First of all, I love it! I love the quartet part. Awesome! One minor confusion, I can’t seem to find a clip of Disney’s upcoming movie Wish. Is it false promise?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Sorry, realized it could be interpreted both ways! I meant "original arrangements" as in "unique to this show" haha. Well aware the singers for Herc and Belle likely didn't sustain those notes during the session recordings in anticipation of Auli'i joining them in harmony. 😂
Did the current voice actors for Belle, Hercules, and Quasimodo do new vocal tracks for the "I Want song" medley alongside Auli'i? Some of the vocals sound close to the originals (Belle especially, the way the word "somewhere" is sung sounds a lot like how Paige sang it originally), others not quite (Quasimodo in particular, Tom Hulce's voice in the movie is quite light, the one singing here has a deeper sound).

Last edited:

wtyy21

Here's how Wondrous Journeys be presented at Disney Paper Parks Sleeping Beauty Castle Paper Model. Pretty good.

Regarding Peter Pan segment, who voicing the phrase "C'mon everybody Here we go" doesn't like Bobby Driscoll for me, it's bit modern voice for Peter Pan and sightly high-pitched. Here how he said at the original 1953 film (see 1:31).

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Just saw it tonight for the first time from within the park and WOW. I was beginning to think I was just jaded or that Disney had lost it but no. It’s still there. This show is so good!!! It has everything I want and expect from a Disney fireworks show. Loved the blue fairy and wish upon a star beginning the show. And the end with Winnie the Pooh? Simply perfect!

bring this show to magic kingdom!

Disney Analyst

Just saw it tonight for the first time from within the park and WOW. I was beginning to think I was just jaded or that Disney had lost it but no. It’s still there. This show is so good!!! It has everything I want and expect from a Disney fireworks show. Loved the blue fairy and wish upon a star beginning the show. And the end with Winnie the Pooh? Simply perfect!

bring this show to magic kingdom!

And the new theme song is really just wonderful. It’s… wondrous.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While Disney might have used sound-alikes in place of original voice artists, they do have two other tools at hand:

1. Adjust the pitch. Many of the songs are in different keys, so, they might've electronically changed the original voice actor's key up or down.

2. Deep fake. You get a sample of the original artists' voice-overs, and then use AI Deep Fake to have them say/sing whatever you want.

I don't know what exactly they may or may not be doing.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
While Disney might have used sound-alikes in place of original voice artists, they do have two other tools at hand:

1. Adjust the pitch. Many of the songs are in different keys, so, they might've electronically changed the original voice actor's key up or down.

2. Deep fake. You get a sample of the original artists' voice-overs, and then use AI Deep Fake to have them say/sing whatever you want.

I don't know what exactly they may or may not be doing.
I hope they never do anything like that. It takes away opportunity’s for actual artists to get work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom