WONDERS of LIFE - Our next 20K? The future? (The Next Call to Arms)

What should be preserved at Wonders? READ POST FIRST. Check all that apply.

• Total voters

The_CEO

One thing is for sure. If they go to redo one thing. They will redo everything. They won't leave anything sticking out in a brand new pavilion. So if any of you think that Cranium wouldn't be touched or changed. Think again. You can bet they'd rehab every inch of that floor if they decide to.

ToTBellHop

I would tend to believe one of the big pharmaceutical companies would be more than happy to fund a new pavillion, as companies like Pfizer have no shortage of money and would probably only ask that only their OTC drugs are sold in the parks (which I have no problem with...Ibuprofen is Ibuprofen, no matter which company is producing it). There are countless possibilities for attractions in a new medical building...a splinter is just so dull! Let's take on cancer or heart disease...something exciting where we are actually saving the patient's life! As for a Cranium Command replacement, I'd like to see something very similar, with the same theme regarding adolescence, but completely new footage, story, and actors...such as some of the better SNL (or former SNL) actors...Jimmy Fallon, Will Ferrell, Rachel Dratch (she would make a hilarious left brain), Darrel Hammond, Horatio Sanz. That would be absolutely hilarious...and I'm sure most of those actors would be willing to do this for a relatively small amount of money.

Chape19714

I voted other and now i'm going to say what i think. I think that ALL of Wonders of Life needs to be brought back to it's origional glory. With all the healthly diets out there today, the restaraunts would most definatelly be a draw to the area. If the restaruants draw people in, they are bound to take in one of the great Attractions in Wonders of Life as well. Cranium Command REALLY needs to stay. It is an excellent show. Body Wars does have it's place. It, however, DOES need to be both through the soundtrack and the video, digitally re-mastered. The Making of Me, needs to stay, it's many people's favorite movie, and going with my teenage friends, they seem to be upset that it's not open, however, it may be a good thing that they don't see it, as i would be bombarded by jokes from the movie afterwards. lol :lol: anyway, yes, all of Wonders of Life NEEDS to be Redone to it's origional glory. Maybe even get a big name sponcer in, such as a BIG drug or medicine company, perhaps even a healthy food company.

Just my Thoughts!

ToTBellHop

If a new sponsor were to come along, especially a pharmaceutical company, they would not allow any of these attractions to stay in their current state (or even close to that state). They all give completely false information that new medical studies have either modified or completely contradicted, all of which would need to be changed. Any new sponsor would most likely demand all new attractions (again, a complete new show very similar to Cranium Command would be fine by me). Body Wars does have its place...somewhere in the 1980s.

speck76

I dont want to see WoL sit closed, or replaced, but it does need a major rehab.

1. Get a new color scheme....I was never a big fan of the late 80's bright colors

2. Replace Body Wars! It may have been great when it came out, but it is great no longer (not even good now).
My Ideas are as follows:

• A Buzz Lightyear style ride through the human body, where you have guns of "Anitibiotics" and shoot "bacteria"
  • A dark ride/coaster combo (like RotM) that with a life-science theme
  • A dark-ride/3-D movie ride (like Spiderman) with a life-science theme

3. Update Cranium Command....keep the same type of show, but with new characters

4. More kiosks

ToTBellHop

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
does this mean that mission space isnt a family attration
All Disney Attractions are for families...but I wouldn't bring a 3 year old on Mission: SPACE (even if he/she met the height requirement).

General Grizz

Original Poster
M:SpilotISTC12 said:
does this mean that mission space isnt a family attration

While families can ride it (IF everyone is healthy and IF they meet the height restriction), I don't consider M:S a family pavilion.

Reason being?

This - the "Mission Space Tragedy":
P1010200.jpg
- those who don't wish to ride simply wait outside. I see it every trip and it rips my heart.

For example, the kid's area is a McDonalds playplace. Compare that to the original upstairs ImageWorks at Imagination where parents and children had a thousand times the fun together. That's kind of what Sensory Funhouse is at Wonders of Life. Now, they just have to make it more impressive and up-to-date.

Wonders of Life held the excellent concept of a family pavilion along with a thrill all in one.

DarkMeasures

I love Cranium Command, but the pavilian is now worthless. Mainly due to the required health class in High School.

I would rather see a brand new Pavilian than have WoL sit there seasonal.

careship

Question

You know I ws just thinking about this stupid cartoon the boys watch. I don't know what channel it is so I have no clue who owns its rights but....

Has anyone seen the osmosis jones or Ozzie and Drix? The WoL pavillion could use this show or something like it to bring in the kids with the parents to the shows and rides. It can still teach and be fun. you could update the shows and make a new ride even a thrill ride like an indoor coaster like RnRc or SM where you really go through the human body rather then a simulator. When it came out, Body wars was new and inventive technology I guess you could say that and now it's rather dated...so if you can add to the pavillion with a form of a thrill while keeping the theme and the originality to it...go for it...I too believe that either a health insurance company or pharmaceutical company could benefit from this. Pharma would be the best bet as they could gain the edge with Disney like Cocoa-Cola being the only products carried on property being theirs.

I hate it when I feel like I don't make sense. What I think and say makes sense...but typing it out...that's a whole nother thing.

I say they demolish WOL, replace it with new horizons (unlikely), and move anything of interest over to a spot in innoventions if room allows or make room for a small WOL section. I truely feel it doesn't deserve a whole pavillion.

speck76

careship said:
You know I ws just thinking about this stupid cartoon the boys watch. I don't know what channel it is so I have no clue who owns its rights but....

Has anyone seen the osmosis jones or Ozzie and Drix? The WoL pavillion could use this show or something like it to bring in the kids with the parents to the shows and rides. It can still teach and be fun. you could update the shows and make a new ride even a thrill ride like an indoor coaster like RnRc or SM where you really go through the human body rather then a simulator. When it came out, Body wars was new and inventive technology I guess you could say that and now it's rather dated...so if you can add to the pavillion with a form of a thrill while keeping the theme and the originality to it...go for it...I too believe that either a health insurance company or pharmaceutical company could benefit from this. Pharma would be the best bet as they could gain the edge with Disney like Cocoa-Cola being the only products carried on property being theirs.

I hate it when I feel like I don't make sense. What I think and say makes sense...but typing it out...that's a whole nother thing.

It is too bad Osmosis Jones was not a Disney movie...also too bad in bombed. They could have made a cool ride from this.

KevinPage

WDI originally had the idea of a huge scale animatronic heart pumping away for the WoL pavillion (or was it just a Body Wars concept).

Any chance the technology has evolved enough that it is "do-able"? Or would they rather throw the ca$h into another Hillary Duff movie?

(it's painful to think that "The Alamo" cost the same as Mission Space. And The Alamo has made more people barf - go figure)

careship

speck76 said:
It is too bad Osmosis Jones was not a Disney movie...also too bad in bombed. They could have made a cool ride from this.

I thought the movie was a bomb too...maybe that's why i thought it was Disney...just kidding...the cartoon is on every weekend it's a saturday morning cartoon. No clue what channel we watch it on. Wonders why it is a cartoon if the movie bombed??? Do you however get the jist of the idea though? using new characters and do something along that line so that it could still be family fun and educational and could make a great ride from whatever it turns into?

speck76

careship said:
I thought the movie was a bomb too...maybe that's why i thought it was Disney...just kidding...the cartoon is on every weekend it's a saturday morning cartoon. No clue what channel we watch it on. Wonders why it is a cartoon if the movie bombed??? Do you however get the jist of the idea though? using new characters and do something along that line so that it could still be family fun and educational and could make a great ride from whatever it turns into?

Kind of like the Figment idea, create a character that is not from a movie....in the long run, you may be able to make a movie of the character (PotC and HM anyone)

careship

speck76 said:
Kind of like the Figment idea, create a character that is not from a movie....in the long run, you may be able to make a movie of the character (PotC and HM anyone)

i could never see them making a movie from them but yeah that's the thought. Something like the ozzie and drix so that the characters are actually part of the WoL theme. Figment is a wonderful character that they have just underestimated and treated horribly. he used to be "the" character draw for the kids at Epcot. So even if they did something great again at WoL with awesome characters etc, they'd just destroy the heart of it later.....

Has to take that back...we aren't supposed to say negative things today right? that wasn't exactly negative...just stating the facts....LOL

General Grizz

Original Poster
speck76 said:

On the subject of original characters, Country Bears, Tiki Birds, Cranium Command, Small World, Timekeeper, XS-Tech, anyone? :p

I totally agree, Speck.

I can feel the creative juices flowing in this thread. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom