Wonders of Life is really, truly dead

pumpkin7

Do you have the picture?

Here you go. Very sad. He probably looks even worse by now if he's still there.

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2010/11/1/then-and-now-epcot-future-world-part-1.html

4562298-9228314-thumbnail.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

************ on Twitter somehow got to the old Body Wars area and... the simulators are gone as are the loading platforms and everything. I think we can say there's 0 chance of it returning now.

This has been a discussion from a good few months ago...http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/imagineers-set-to-demo-part-of-wol-pavilion.849943/

Plus the news has been stated that they have been doing selective Demo to WoL..http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-wonders-life-pavilion-epcot-selective-demolition-22070/

Goofyernmost

If anyone remembers it was posted someplace, maybe not on this board, that they had applied for a permit to "alter" the pavilion a few months ago. My bet is that it is ALL history, but even if it wasn't. I don't think you will ever see it again. Like the rest of us old relics it will be replaced by some new whippersnapper sort of attraction. :(

Cmdr_Crimson

If anyone remembers it was posted someplace, maybe not on this board, that they had applied for a permit to "alter" the pavilion a few months ago. My bet is that it is ALL history, but even if it wasn't. I don't think you will ever see it again. Like the rest of us old relics it will be replaced by some new whippersnapper sort of attraction. :(

Look 5 posts above....

RedFurredCadet

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I believe it is at 3 1/2 minutes where Woo goes into the loading area of Body Wars so this has to be pretty recent. Maybe?

Dated May 2012

FettFan

The building isn't in the best of shape and it's all but hidden from view these days. Festivals and private events are the only times it's even open. Sad. Of course, now with the F&G Festival in full swing, they're using the heck out of it. Will get plenty of new pix this week. This is from last November/December:

Can't help but think that if they build New Horizons on that spot, it would look stunning....like a big spaceship landing behind the trees.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
It was actually my favorite pavilion when it was still in existence. I was hopeful for a long time that it was going to come back, but gave up on it a long time ago. Sad to know it's officially never coming back though :(

ddbowdoin

I remember body wars as a kid but I couldn't remember the WOL pavilion. I'm down here now and we stopped by for the F&G events... It's a beautiful pavilion. A damn shame...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nostalgia - it was lame :)

My local science center was more fun... Imaginations play area was more fun... And body wars sucked compared to BTTF and star tours.

The main hall had that 80s 'futures' pastel look that had to go..

No love lost at all when this thing closed. The weakest pavilion by far in Epcot

BoarderPhreak

^ I'd have to agree. WoL never really appealed. BW was... Okay, but really just a rehashed ST with a different film. But the potential was there, and they could've improved it.

And I don't mean "improved" like the Nemo-ization of LS!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom