Wonders of Life is really, truly dead

Oddysey

Nostalgia - it was lame :)

My local science center was more fun... Imaginations play area was more fun... And body wars sucked compared to BTTF and star tours.

The main hall had that 80s 'futures' pastel look that had to go..

No love lost at all when this thing closed. The weakest pavilion by far in Epcot

I agree with most of this with the exception of Cranium Command. I personally felt that Cranium Command was one of Disney's better in park movie based attractions. I think the concept of Cranium Command would still hold up today. However, in my opinion just about everything else in WoL was not that great, and its mediocrity gets clouded by nostalgia. Despite this issue I would still like to see the pavilion repurposed. The sum of what was there in the past is certainly better than what the pavillion is being used for now.

Timekeeper

I agree with most of this with the exception of Cranium Command. I personally felt that Cranium Command was one of Disney's better in park movie based attractions. I think the concept of Cranium Command would still hold up today.

The only problem is, today, kids that are around the ages of the characters in the attraction act more like the characters in the movies Kids, Thirteen, and Spring Breakers, and their "I like you" culture is a lot less innocent puppy love, and a lot more MTV-esque. The show concept is cute, but the premise is forevermore a thing of the past. :(

Polydweller

Well, it's been dead since 2007 when it stopped being opened seasonal and just shutdown. It had been seasonal only since 2004. The only surprise is that it took so long to remove Body Wars. Guess we now know what the demolition permit at WOL was about.

The Pavillion wasn't the greatest for us with Cranium Command being the only reason we returned at all.

Goofyernmost

I agree with most of this with the exception of Cranium Command. I personally felt that Cranium Command was one of Disney's better in park movie based attractions. I think the concept of Cranium Command would still hold up today. However, in my opinion just about everything else in WoL was not that great, and its mediocrity gets clouded by nostalgia. Despite this issue I would still like to see the pavilion repurposed. The sum of what was there in the past is certainly better than what the pavillion is being used for now.
When you come right down to it, that can be said for every single attraction in WDW. I remember the old Imagination, Horizons and World of Motion. I had seen it so many times that when they finally closed and buried the attractions I wasn't concerned at all. Since then Nostalgia has taken over and I realize that they really were great and that now that I have experienced their replacements kinda wish that they were all back again. Especially, Imagination and WoM. Horizons only had one part that impressed me and that was the orange smell at the automated orchards. Much of Imagination bored me as well, but when I look back, I was wrong and just didn't appreciate what I was seeing as much as I should have. WoM was funny and the ride, going out of the building and back in again was really special.

One of the things that I am never going to regret that they changed was UoE. That show was the longest Exxon infomercial ever created. 45 minutes and they didn't even supply a remote control so you could change the channel. Ellen, like her or not, put humor and a story line in the show and made it, at least, bearable. Course, at the time that I saw it most was not to long after the Valdez incident and I wasn't overly impressed with Exxon's concern about our environment at the time.

EOD K9

I don't condone the skulking in backstage areas, however, does anyone enjoy shot for shot then and now recreation videos? It does not have to be illegal footage, just then and now.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I really love the bright dome atmosphere inside...it always feels nice, even when its just for F&W events.

The WoL was a decent pavilion, but I really didn't like the incredibly 80's vibe....it got so dated so quickly...ironically opened later than the rest of the Future World pavilions yet felt dated worse than any of the other pavilions IMO.

DancingPhoenix

I'm glad I got to be in the WoL pavilion before it was gutted like it is now. I think I was nine when I first rode Body Wars? I must say, as a child very interested in science I loved that ride. I still remember the scene with the white blood cells going to the sliver! Seen as it's already gone, I agree they should either re-do the interior or build something else up. Right now it's just such a waste of good space :(

RedFurredCadet

I did hear from a tipoff that they probably gutted the CC theater for the purposes of a pseudo greenhouse. Poor Buzzy is homeless it seems.

BoarderPhreak

I went into the "Festival Center" last week purely to take pictures of it... It still is a really nice building, especially the ceiling/windows and the entrance. But yeah - everything else from WoL is gone baby, gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom